Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Hunting fails and misfires

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    That should save you a fair few f ups
    yea heres hoping

hes a bit of a strick old buggar thou
    OPCz

If in doubt double tap

Quote Originally Posted by Dynastar27 View Post
    yea heres hoping

hes a bit of a strick old buggar thou
    Means your doing it wrong then He is old though you must remmember

oh thats gotta suck

im still a green horn so im bound to have a few Fails in the coming years lol

and i have rushy teaching me the ins and outs
    Just dont let him show you how much water you should drink aye @Rushy remember that time in Minginui you went full Saharan thirst hahaha

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2
    Dynastar27 likes this.
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Means your doing it wrong then He is old though you must remmember
    nah hes all good its a good strick he didnt tell me off when i went to minginui hahaha
    OPCz

If in doubt double tap

nah hes all good its a good strick he didnt tell me off when i went to minginui hahaha
    Rodsta sure got a telling or two
    phillipgr likes this.

Rodsta sure got a telling or two
    yea we heard all about that while we were down there lol
    OPCz

If in doubt double tap

yea we heard all about that while we were down there lol
    Campfire humour

Campfire humour
    yea there was a bit of that going on definatly

im telling you now thou i not wearing shorts in the bush again leg were cut to shit when we got back to camp
    OPCz

If in doubt double tap

yea there was a bit of that going on definatly

im telling you now thou i not wearing shorts in the bush again leg were cut to shit when we got back to camp
    Lift your feet High gaitors may help?

Lift your feet High gaitors may help?
    yea might have to look in to that got sick of shaving the hook grass off my legs as well
    OPCz

If in doubt double tap

Here's one for you guys to laugh at can't remember whether my 1st or 2nd trip out huntin thar spotted some above the hut mate & I climbed up there bout 2 odd hours later lying on a small ridge no thar to be seen lay there for a while discussing the situation maybe they gone over the top so I organised to head up there just stood up mate says get down a bull thar stands up on a rock about 400 odd yards away bit more discussion we decided to have ago at it no way to get closer big shingle scree in between so line it up give it abit of drop bang off a shot clean miss no idea where the shot went mate does the same 6 odd nannies appear & run away from us but the bull comes charging round the scree towards us must have been the noise off the opposite rock face mate says u ready it will stop soon u nail it my heart was pounding watching this big hairy beast running towards us sure enough just over the small ridge we are on the bull stops bout 20 yards away mate says shoot it lined it up boom bull jumps about 2foot & takes off down under the ridge we are on mate says how the fuck did u miss that, long story shortened mate shoots it on the run, with a bit of head scratching how the hell did I miss that turned out I never sat high enough could see bull through the scope but projectile hit the top of the ridge we were lying on so missed out on my 1st bull so learnt a lesson that day from memory was 13 1/4 on 1 side & 12 1/2 ish on the other
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by optio View Post
    Here's one for you guys to laugh at can't remember whether my 1st or 2nd trip out huntin thar spotted some above the hut mate & I climbed up there bout 2 odd hours later lying on a small ridge no thar to be seen lay there for a while discussing the situation maybe they gone over the top so I organised to head up there just stood up mate says get down a bull thar stands up on a rock about 400 odd yards away bit more discussion we decided to have ago at it no way to get closer big shingle scree in between so line it up give it abit of drop bang off a shot clean miss no idea where the shot went mate does the same 6 odd nannies appear & run away from us but the bull comes charging round the scree towards us must have been the noise off the opposite rock face mate says u ready it will stop soon u nail it my heart was pounding watching this big hairy beast running towards us sure enough just over the small ridge we are on the bull stops bout 20 yards away mate says shoot it lined it up boom bull jumps about 2foot & takes off down under the ridge we are on mate says how the fuck did u miss that, long story shortened mate shoots it on the run, with a bit of head scratching how the hell did I miss that turned out I never sat high enough could see bull through the scope but projectile hit the top of the ridge we were lying on so missed out on my 1st bull so learnt a lesson that day from memory was 13 1/4 on 1 side & 12 1/2 ish on the other
    That post took my breath away... literally haha

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I had a problem trying to get the bolt into my rifle. Would have spent a couple of minutes fluffing about turning he bolt face, lining everything up, gently slide it in so nothing gets out of line, ... no go, slide it out check it again, repeat the process, ... scratch the head some more. Finally look at the other end of the bolt abd the bloody handle is on the wrong way round, ... Yes for some reason @TimeRiders left hand bolt doesn't fit my right handed rifle.

Good thing is I did it quietly and I don't think @MattyP noticed me do the old switcheroo and grab the RIGHT one from the bag.
    I did so!! New as I was, I remember watching you look puzzled for a good couple of mins and then a giant lightbulb appear above your head and you grabbed out another plastic bag with the right bolt in it . Hahaha!
    Dundee likes this.

Good day hunting in the kaimanaws. plenty of sign and scrapes until daughter hit a wasps nest . Those little buggers are everywhere , a few stings latter and a rush to the road and car for treatment

Quote Originally Posted by big_foot View Post
    That post took my breath away... literally haha
    Phew!!!!! Use a few full stops mate.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1