Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree338Likes

Thread: hunting incompetence

MSL
    That’s a cracker yarn

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    That’s a cracker yarn
    At least I didn't lose my wallet.
    kiwijames likes this.

I rested my 22 on a live hotwire to take a 80m shot.

Nicely lined up and...

"That looks just about NNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHFUCKKKKKKKKK"
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  58.9 KBName:  M2.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  10.0 KB
    GravelBen and timattalon like this.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikka7mm08 View Post
    At least I didn't lose my wallet.
    People have long forgotten about the wallet thing. I feel it pales in comparison to you smuggly boasting to your father in law about his inability to spot a hind, which is plain as day standing exactly where you left it a week earlier, haha. I look forward to bringing it up in his presence

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    People have long forgotten about the wallet thing. I feel it pales in comparison to you smuggly boasting to your father in law about his inability to spot a hind, which is plain as day standing exactly where you left it a week earlier, haha. I look forward to bringing it up in his presence
    That story is nothing compared to the time I shot a hind by mistake when sighting in my P14 hunting rifle. He made me pay $100 when I was a poor student (see P14 reference). You two must never met.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    I rested my 22 on a live hotwire to take a 80m shot.

Nicely lined up and...

"That looks just about NNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHFUCKKKKKKKKK"
    I so feel for you. I caoght an electric cattle fence across the inside of one thigh as I climbed over it thinking it was a normal fence. I came to about 6 feet back on the side of the fence I started on.

Not a really hunting incompetence but one day me & my mate where heading to Kaikoura for a dive , just as we were dropping into Oaro the wee 12ft dingy that was on the back of the truck did 3 summersault's & landed on the road...thank F*#K there was no vehicals behind us , on inspection the rope had broke...and no it wasn't bailing twine
    veitnamcam likes this.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    I so feel for you. I caoght an electric cattle fence across the inside of one thigh as I climbed over it thinking it was a normal fence. I came to about 6 feet back on the side of the fence I started on.

Don't take my 'like' of your post the wrong way. I'm working on my empathy.
    timattalon likes this.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Coming home across my Dads Farm one evening after being out after ducks.
    Getting chased home by a huge thunder and lightning storm. My bum was going 10cents peace man hole cover as the lightning and thunder came right overhead I’m the only thing around in a huge paddock with a big steel rod and a belt of brass strapped around my waste. Thinking this is going to make some crater if I get hit
    The rain started lashing down as I got to one of Dads three wire electric fences, which I decided to crawl under
    So down on my hands and knees and yep the cartridge belt hooks the bottom wire.....NNNNAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHFUCKKKKKKK
    I try to reverse but the rims of the cartridges have hooked the wire......more of NNNNAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHFUCKKKKKKK!!
    I’m well earthed with soaking knees and starting to feel very sick I managed to tear my self lose.
    I left the belt and me gun there and staggered on home feeling very woozy

The good thing is I got up early the next morning and went back to pick up me gun though while there and since it’s halfway why not.
    Went to cross the fence and decided NO don’t crawl under use the recoil pad push down the top wire and step over simple......wet recoil pad sips off high tension wire catch’s on trigger guard and yes you guessed it NNNNAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHFUCKKKKKKK

I hate MURPHY!

I’d like to credit @timattalon for the new quote
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

hehehe, the old hot wire into the upper thigh. Been there done that too.
    The old ribbed plastic butt plate on the JW15 does not do a good job of holding the hot wire down when you unknowingly twist the rifle as you swing your leg over.
    Dam beef farm too so it was a good belt, Don't remember getting off the wire but I sure did get of it. Not doing that again since.
    Now I take the less dignified option of going under it if I can't step over it.
    Z

MB
    Copied from one of my previous posts:

I'm paranoid about the electric fences where I rabbit shoot as they are HOT! Shot a bunny after dark on the fence line. Bent down to pick it up and BOOM! Took it straight to the head. It put me down. Loss of consciousness and a weird dream! DIY ECT!
    turtle likes this.

I did hear of a farm dog whose tail brushed up against a hotwire. It got a jolt, and immediately turned and bit the thing that gave it a shock.....
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Coming home across my Dads Farm one evening after being out after ducks.
    Getting chased home by a huge thunder and lightning storm. My bum was going 10cents peace man hole cover as the lightning and thunder came right overhead I’m the only thing around in a huge paddock with a big steel rod and a belt of brass strapped around my waste. Thinking this is going to make some crater if I get hit
    The rain started lashing down as I got to one of Dads three wire electric fences, which I decided to crawl under
    So down on my hands and knees and yep the cartridge belt hooks the bottom wire.....NNNNAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHFUCKKKKKKK
    I try to reverse but the rims of the cartridges have hooked the wire......more of NNNNAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHFUCKKKKKKK!!
    I’m well earthed with soaking knees and starting to feel very sick I managed to tear my self lose.
    I left the belt and me gun there and staggered on home feeling very woozy

The good thing is I got up early the next morning and went back to pick up me gun though while there and since it’s halfway why not.
    Went to cross the fence and decided NO don’t crawl under use the recoil pad push down the top wire and step over simple......wet recoil pad sips off high tension wire catch’s on trigger guard and yes you guessed it NNNNAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHFUCKKKKKKK

I hate MURPHY!

I’d like to credit @timattalon for the new quote
    As much as I would love to take credit, I have to be honest and say it was @Max Headroom that coined it. But jesus did I laugh when I read it....
    Sideshow and Max Headroom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    Don't take my 'like' of your post the wrong way. I'm working on my empathy.
    All good. It was a valuable learning experience....