Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Hunting permits

Red
    I always check that im valid before i go out.. if i renew it, i just write the new dates and #number on the one i printed out 3 years ago. it takes about 2 minutes. why would you not do it aye?
    Hunt4life likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    no just like talk shit on here like most of you
    If its shit put a smiley or something after it, otherwise we will take you seriously and think your odd
    thedrunkfish likes this.

SiB
    I'd be proud to meet a ranger or other enforcement person, show them my permit and FAL, knowing that I wasn't being a dodgy dishonest person damaging the sport, or my hunting mates reputation. It's bad enough the media calls those pissed-up spotlighting clowns on roads or public lands 'hunters'.
    Dundee, Scouser and Hunt4life like this.

SiB
    And for the record, I have found myself on private land accidently, and being challenged by the property manager. My honesty and acknowledgment meant they were subsequently very happy to issue the appropriate paperwork and I am able to return freely, with a clear conscience.
    Scouser and Hunt4life like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SiB View Post
    I'm happy to get my permit on line. I make a point of setting up the expiry date on my ph so I don't forget to renew it. The frustration is obtaining clear boundary mapping...
    Geocortex Viewer For Silverlight
    All the open hunting areas for the whole country.

I always print out a permit. Never been asked to see it, but it is so easy to get - why not?
    Hunt4life likes this.
    Everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion

SiB
    Quote Originally Posted by POME View Post
    Geocortex Viewer For Silverlight
    All the open hunting areas for the whole country.
    Fantastic! Can anyone show/instruct me how to load that onto my rino 650? (I have a mapcard fitted) - I appreciate this is off thread and will be happy to redirected

thanks
    NOBODY IS PERFECT - but if you're from Yorkshire you're pretty close
    The above was written slowly, for those of us who can't read quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by SiB View Post
    Fantastic! Can anyone show/instruct me how to load that onto my rino 650? (I have a mapcard fitted) - I appreciate this is off thread and will be happy to redirected

thanks
    Sorry i just pencil the boundaries onto my topo paper map.

I don't know why you wouldn't have the required permit ESPECIALLY when it's so simple! I've always taken one with me. Rules are rules.
    Hunt4life likes this.

Banned
    you would think they would send a reminder that it is expiring!!

Why cant we get closed blocks permits online anyone know?

I dont mean closed as in its shut down either smartasses. The closed ones from online that you have to see the doc office to get a permit
    VIVA LA HOWA

I always print out a permit and stick it in the same ziplock as my map

One good argument for bothering to do so is that you get a pesticide summary at the same time

Yes I know they are idiots Yes I know the info is often out of date - What I'm saying is if you are going into an area you haven't been before then it's more information and we all don't want to waste our time, right?
    Scouser and Hunt4life like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Why cant we get closed blocks permits online anyone know?

I dont mean closed as in its shut down either smartasses. The closed ones from online that you have to see the doc office to get a permit
    I'd like to know the same Toby. A large block on Napier/Taupo Rd is never an available choice online and is only managed by DoC Napier office. I'm guessing it's got some old politics linked to it and is part of the ol' boys club, where they try to keep it exclusive. They will issue permits to those who ask, but if it's not on the website, how would you know to ask?

My regular hunting mate, an ex DoC employee, never bothers with a permit. I always have a permit and don't understand why anyone chooses not to. I also buy hut passes, although am always scratching my head as to why this is required, when I pay taxes. In many ways I've always been a bit of a rebel, except when it comes to hunting in the great outdoors. DoC and the Police make my favourite pastime really easy and hassle free, so why wouldn't I help them to tick the little boxes?
    Eve, you share a disappointing attitude toward compliance. We all know the permit process isn't worth a damn, but as responsible, fit and proper people to own firearms and use them in a public space, we should be demonstrating a willingness to live within the rules.
    I only wish the rules were policed better with more resources to catch the people who are abusing the system.
    Gapped axe, Mac, 308 and 1 others like this.

You gota be kidding Eve. Just because Doc hasnt taken anyone to court dosnt mean that they wont. I havent personally meet a Ranger while in the bush but i have mates that have. Basiclly your a poucher if you dont have one. Hunters on public land also leave themselves wide open if the cause a fire, get lost or heaven forbid shoot someone. For the 5mins on a computer you have to be plain dumb if you dont get one.
    Hunt4life likes this.