Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

To put it politely you must be nothing short of a complete fucken retard not to see the adgeda and end goal of those in power.

NO GUNS NO GAME.

That is the goal for the lefty twats currently in power and unfortunately the same goal for any mish mash government that please god help us replaces the current shitstorm of incompetence currently in power.

THE ONLY THING THAT WILL WAKE THESE LEFTY TWATS UP IS NO FOOD.

RURAL NZ NEEDS TO GO ON STRIKE....
    FUCK ALL YOU LEFTY TWATS IN THE CITY WE WONT SEND YOU ANY FOOD AT ALL FOR A MONTH, AND WE WILL BLOCK HIGHWAYS TO ENSURE THAT. ( YOU CAN LEGALLY BLOCK A PUBLIC HIGHWAY IF YOU ARE BROWN OR PART BROWN OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO USED TO BE BROWN it would seem)

RURAL NZ has the power to turn this around.....nobody else does and I am crying in my pork chops at where MY country is headed.
    Unless there is a massive change and I doubt it because fed farmers etc you are already controlled by the gov't this country is litterally fucked, I am educating my kids to get out as soon as they can with an education.
    By the time they have got that education they may not be allowed out......that is where we are heading with alarming speed.

MMP is the biggest fuckup ever.....the majority is ruled by the minority.
    7mmwsm, stingray, blake and 4 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post

How did we let all this happen ?

How do we vote to sort out what hunters want ?

I've asked this before, but all I see is rhetoric.......
    There needs to be a new environmental party to take votes off the greens. Keep them below 5 percent

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    There needs to be a new environmental party to take votes off the greens. Keep them below 5 percent

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    Yes but unfortunately it takes a lot of coin to do so

Nats and Labour still support the "Battle for the Birds" I can't see why the Greens have so much influence, they are really bit of a joke. Sage is history, she just has no personality.
    The agenda of free range hunting is at an end of a era for us. We don't have the strength unification to do much. Nats and Labour aren't listen to us, except when theyr'e in opposition.
    Getting cynical, but just enjoying it while I can.... so frustrating
    The big problem at the moment is organisations like forest and bird lobbying government and exploiting the legal system to get what they want. In the case of tahr, because the control plan is in place there is legal precident for the government/doc to enact it. Forest and bird have pushed this through court.

This is all irrespective of the fact that the tcp is just a number plucked from the sky with zero supporting science.

We really need funding to push for legal recognition and protection for our herds of interest. There are some very special hunting oppertunities in this country that can with the right management exist harmoniously with our native flora and fauna
    30late and Mr300WSM like this.

Forest & Bird is run by Kevin Hague, an ex Green MP.

They are quite careful and cunning in how they cycle people through: After 9 years/3 terms on the teat, they get their max pension, then hop off to the next trough.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    Fucks Sake , we have groups like Thar Foundation , NZDA etc trying to bat for us but it just lands on Deaf ears , they just do what they fuckin want and screw us all over .
    Yep. Those organisations are doing what they can but you are right, it's falling on deaf ears. What a sad time.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Forest & Bird is run by Kevin Hague, an ex Green MP.

They are quite careful and cunning in how they cycle people through: After 9 years/3 terms on the teat, they get their max pension, then hop off to the next trough.
    What ever happened to the rope headed dwarf pot smoker?
    outlander likes this.

How did we let all this happen ?

How do we vote to sort out what hunters want ?

I've asked this before, but all I see is rhetoric.......
    78 and 81 election note not MMP electoral system ... National won the election formed the govt BUT GOT LESS VOTES !!!

I have written to my Labour MP asking for clarity on this issue.

If it goes ahead, I have informed him that he will not get my vote at the next election. As we have no other form of effective representation, this is all that remains. If there’s one thing politicians care about, it’s retaining their jobs and power. I encourage all forum members to write to their MPs saying likewise. Being angry and venting on here is not going to have the same effect.
    Nick-D and Sideshow like this.

Billy Te Kahika’s new public party could be worth engaging with. I can post a pretty cool interview here if you like? He mentions in that interview with Pete Evans, they want to collaborate with minor parties to have a broader approach with laws etc. He even briefly mentions “the right” to fish and hunt to stay a kiwi entitlement.

Just reading this on the DOC site :The commercial hunting sector has been affected by COVID-19 and this will have an impact on projected control for 2020/2021. For example, Aerial Assisted Trophy Hunting operators control an additional five female tahr for each male tahr hunted by their clients. With the borders closed, tourists are not able to take advantage of South Island hunting opportunities and this has impacted the guided hunting industry.

Due to COVID-19 restrictions DOC was unable to commence work with Land Information New Zealand to survey the number of Himalayan tahr on Crown land, including pastoral leases. This aerial monitoring survey would have helped to gain a better understanding of the wider tahr population. This work is being postponed until later in the year as this type of survey is most effective between spring and autumn. It is unknown how many tahr are currently on Crown land.

Tahr Control Operational Plan
    Purpose of the plan
    The Himalayan Thar Control Plan 1993 is a statutory document made under section 5(1)(d) of the Wild Animal Control Act 1977. It enables DOC to undertake official control to reduce tahr numbers when recreational, guided hunting and commercial hunting have not been able to keep tahr below the maximum number allowed.

In other words, we dont know how many tahr there are, we wont wait for the survey , we are going to rip into them now with all this extra funding we just got while we have a chance and couldnt give a shit what you guys think about it .
    hotsoup and norsk like this.

More NZers want the Tahr all gone than want them to stay.
    More NZers want firearms removed from the hands of the general public than want them to remain.
    We passed the balance point some time ago, but perhaps just didn't realise it.
    Respective governments are now following the wishes of the majority.
    The balance swings more with each passing year. Urbanisation, immigration, media bias, UN influence, blame what you will.
    Now we know what it is like to be - and feel the consequences of being - in a minority group.

The only way to prolong holding onto sporting firearms and our hunting in NZ - and tahr or other species as viable game propositions - lie down two paths in my opinion:

- either keep out of the public eye and hope as a result that legislative changes stay off the table for as long as possible, and that funding for game animal control is directed elsewhere, or failing that,

- by persuading political parties that our voice may influence whether they govern.

No need to point out that we have recently had option one taken out of our hands across several fronts and the hunting tourism dollar sweetener is now gone.

So turning to option two; many may have complained in the past about the tail wagging the dog (politically) over other issues. As a minority voice we now need to become that tail for as long as we can. Complain about MMP all you like, but MMP offers, and has offered, more opportunity to be a wagging tail than FPP; parties scrabbling to keep their chosen minority groups onside. We have been benefiting from this for some time now, though perhaps we haven’t realised this either. If Labour are returned in September with the numbers currently predicted, with a FPP-type majority where minority parties are absent or irrelevant, then we shall see how a dog with no tail behaves. I’m not singling out Labour. National would behave the same way if running into an election with the same popularity.

The OP was entitled " I hate to be the bearer of bad news ".

The above for me is the true extent of the bad news. Your views may differ.
    ANOTHERHUNTER, norsk and Strummer like this.

My apologies. I have just realised that this thread is under Hunting. My comments above should really be in Off Topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Sage is just another twig and twit dreamer with no novel thinking, no concept of the real world and no communication skills to speak of. Once she's gone the balance will tip back the other way, or someone will take her to court for not following the act and managing feral resources for the betterment of the population.
    Unfortunately there are now thousands of "Sages" to take her place, our universities are pumping out Woketards as fast as possible.
    ANOTHERHUNTER and Russian 22. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Now we know what it is like AT SOME VERY SMALL LEVEL to be - and feel the consequences of being - in a minority group.
    Fixed. It doesn't affect my employment, my health or educational outcomes, my income potential, the way I'm treated by other people, my life expectancy, and many other aspect of my life that I take for granted. It's a recreational activity for most of us, just one that I would like to continue to enjoy.
    Probably should try harder to keep some perspective with my posts.