Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree321Likes

Thread: Illegal hunting..does it bother you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fat ninja View Post
    Is this guys name Murray?

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
    hebe likes this.

I take it you know of him too @BRADS? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Fat ninja View Post
    I take it you know of him too @BRADS? Haha
    Family farm is next door to the nutter

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck, Russian 22. and XR500 like this.

I dont actually know what the farmers name is .
    Patience Is A Virtue

Quote Originally Posted by Jusepy View Post
    Hey guys ,
    I know this is an old thread , but Im curious about a spot Ive been looking at.

The farmer at this spot actively bullies and scares people off because he believes that people are tresspassing on his land but the land he is talking about is the only access point to said DOC/paper road. I have looked into it with walking access and contacted DOC themself who believes there is a access point there.

I know for a fact that the farmer has tresspassed and called the police on several hunters and the spot is actually quite good because no pressure has been put on the animals there , this is because the farmer has basically scared the shit out of every hunter by abusing them and telling them not tooo come back.

I am wondering what the process is to find out about the ins and outs of this place as talking to the farmer is not an option as he is quite the angry character.

Thoughts and opinions please. Thanks
    you said his land is the only access point to a paper rd?is this true or disputed?if you have to cross private land to get to an old paper rd the farmer has every right to not want people going across his land and should be pissed off if people are using his land without permission.if it is private land you need to respect that mate-dont push the issue.
    7mmwsm likes this.

BSA
    Does not having a DOC Permit to hunt on Public Land constitute Illegal Hunting. ?????

This just came through. About as timely as a timely thing:

https://www.herengaanuku.govt.nz/abo...sVpJ2APOm8yJ2M
    308, Moa Hunter, RV1 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA View Post
    Does not having a DOC Permit to hunt on Public Land constitute Illegal Hunting. ?????
    My understanding is yes, it does
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Banned
    Landowners can apply to their council to have an unused legal road closed. I think that the process is quite simple and has a low application cost, it does therefore represent a danger to access. A written letter to the council and held on record that proves there is public use of the road will prevent it being closed

Gone but not forgotten
    Yes, and can bring a whole lot of other charges under the Wildlife Act etc

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Landowners can apply to their council to have an unused legal road closed. I think that the process is quite simple and has a low application cost, it does therefore represent a danger to access. A written letter to the council and held on record that proves there is public use of the road will prevent it being closed
    Follow the Opawe road thread, or have a look at this media writeup. There is a process that must be followed, and as has happened with the Opawe road, the Public have spoken. And the (paper) road remains.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...nkles#comments
    john m and Micky Duck like this.

Sure does, it only takes 2 mins to get online & costs nothing, easy as!
    rugerman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesmate View Post
    you said his land is the only access point to a paper rd?is this true or disputed?if you have to cross private land to get to an old paper rd the farmer has every right to not want people going across his land and should be pissed off if people are using his land without permission.if it is private land you need to respect that mate-dont push the issue.
    I disagree. If we don't push for access over paper roads the "Public land" becomes de facto private land. If we don't exercise our rights we will lose them.

Just because the farm is private land doesn't mean he is magically exempt from his obligations.
    NRT, BSA, Ross Nolan and 1 others like this.

BSA
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    A DOC/Tuhoe permit is worth what it costs. However it is not same when you apply for a permit to hunt on south island maori land which still costs nothing. I found it refreshing that a Nga Tahu require some detail such as dates your hunting a vehilce rego etc. Felt like the permit had some relevance.
    Ngai Tahu are easy and helpful to deal with for permits be it Hunting, Firewood etc although the digital on-line process needs a little bit of work to streamline it a bit.
    Last edited by BSA; 31-03-2023 at 07:01 AM.
    turtle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    I disagree. If we don't push for access over paper roads the "Public land" becomes de facto private land. If we don't exercise our rights we will lose them.

Just because the farm is private land doesn't mean he is magically exempt from his obligations.
    yes it does,he has no obligations to the public.read my post again I said if you have to cross private land to get to a paper rd.private land and paper rd totally different.
    Maxx likes this.