Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree993Likes

Thread: Kaimanawa Forest Park

I have made a start to discuss with Taupo electorate MP but she is currently at a conference in Nelson. Secretary has a message from me to pass on. May hear more next week.
    tetawa, erniec, Micky Duck and 2 others like this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Reply from DOC Turangi today:

Kia ora xxx,

Thanks for contacting us. Yes both Waipakihi Road and Rangipo Intake roads will closing. The land is privately owned and the owners are closing the roads.

If you have enquiries please contact Lake Rotoira Forest Trust PH07-386 8834 https://www.lrft.co.nz/

The Kaimanawa Forest Park can still be accessed via other access roads such as Tree Trunk Gorge Road, Kaimanawa Road.
    Shearer and Micky Duck like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

How inconsiderate of DoC public servants to not advise public back at least two years ago. Lots of us need to get to MP's asap. The public has used these access roads for at least 56 years going by my experiences.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Summer grass
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

I'll wait until I see the title.

On the one hand we have the Maori Land Court map showing one thing, and on the other we have someone who will benefit commercially saying another. They may well be correct, but the facts here matter more than anybody's opinion.
    Woody, Micky Duck and Dazzh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Nolan View Post
    I'll wait until I see the title.

On the one hand we have the Maori Land Court map showing one thing, and on the other we have someone who will benefit commercially saying another. They may well be correct, but the facts here matter more than anybody's opinion.
    I would be gob-smacked if the Lake Rotoira Forest Trust and Heli Sika (and DOC on the side line) lawyers have got this wrong.

Lobbying and public opinion may result in changes but I doubt very much if there is a legal remedy.
    Blaser, BRADS, Shearer and 2 others like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

How about one of you guys with all the legal knowledge about the maps etc write us a letter that we can then send to our MP.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

- Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by 25/08IMP View Post
    How about one of you guys with all the legal knowledge about the maps etc write us a letter that we can then send to our MP.

Rather than everyone putting their 2 cents forward, Shouldn’t this be taken up by the local nzda branch? NZDAs national office lawyers can then write to the crown/minister with an accompanying media release as part of their hunter advocacy function.

Astounding that PGF money is being used to block public access.

Weird. Looks like Waipakihi Rd is not Maori free hold but free trunk gorge is.

Would make a tresspass notice from police interesting. It would read do not know land owner pick from the following list.
    XR500 likes this.

Left a message on NZDA HQ answerphone this afternoon. Also Sika foundation and taupo nzda.
    No one available anywhere at present it seems.
    Summer grass
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by omark View Post
    Rather than everyone putting their 2 cents forward, Shouldn’t this be taken up by the local nzda branch? NZDAs national office lawyers can then write to the crown/minister with an accompanying media release as part of their hunter advocacy function.

Astounding that PGF money is being used to block public access.
    One of our members has already been in touch with the president of NZDA who is a lawyer him self so im sure something will be done about it

Woody likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 25/08IMP View Post
    One of our members has already been in touch with the president of NZDA who is a lawyer him self so im sure something will be done about it

CEO is a lawyer.

CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER AND GENERAL COUNSEL

Gwyn Thurlow is from Wellington and joined NZDA as CEO and General Counsel (in-house lawyer) in June 2020.

Gwyn has taken on the role to transform NZDA into a modern and professional organisation. He has been a long time member of NZDA where he is the treasurer of Wellington Branch and volunteers on the NZDA National Heritage Trust as secretary.

Gwyn is a keen alpine hunter and particularly enjoys hunting tahr and chamois.
    Micky Duck and BSA270 like this.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    CEO is a lawyer.

CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER AND GENERAL COUNSEL

Gwyn Thurlow is from Wellington and joined NZDA as CEO and General Counsel (in-house lawyer) in June 2020.

Gwyn has taken on the role to transform NZDA into a modern and professional organisation. He has been a long time member of NZDA where he is the treasurer of Wellington Branch and volunteers on the NZDA National Heritage Trust as secretary.

Gwyn is a keen alpine hunter and particularly enjoys hunting tahr and chamois.
    Yip that's what I meant.

Tahr likes this.

I ll see him on Thursday night and over the next weekend for our annual conference.
    Tahr, BSA, Woody and 2 others like this.