Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree993Likes

Thread: Kaimanawa Forest Park

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzh View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I don't have anything suggesting Waipakihi road is an easement over privately owned land. Would you be willing to share this document with me?
    I'll see if I can find the website again, I think it was a Maori land one.
    It didn't say the road was an easement, it simply stated there was an easement to Genesis and it's successors, but not what the easement actually is.

https://www.maorilandonline.govt.nz/gis/title/19945.htm

The last line of the last table mentions the easement.
    Last edited by Cigar; 31-07-2022 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    I'll see if I can find the website again, I think it was a Maori land one.
    It didn't say the road was an easement, it simply stated there was an easement to Genesis and it's successors, but not what the easement actually is.
    That would be appreciated, even if only to discount it.

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Nolan View Post
    The maps show the road with its own title number, separate to the trust title number - which is the same on both sides of the road.
    An easement wouldn't have a separate title.
    Which maps? The WAMS property information one that show the road may be separate just say "no information available".

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Which maps? The WAMS property information one that show the road may be separate just say "no information available".
    From the land transfer office.

In regards to Shearer's comment - i believe the paper rd through Poronui Station is actually poled partly through a swamp to the left of the access road that Poronui has allowed the public to walk on to the upper Mohaka? At least you have a reliable car park to safely park your vehicle? Our forefathers may not have walked the route in the day to see it wasn't very practical for a vehicle for most of it? The Waipakihi Road in comparison is just that - a formed rd suitable for driving a vehicle on. Doubt anyone would want to park their vehicle next to SH1 and hope its still there when they return?
    Woody and XR500 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    In the case of Poronui, I believe that the public access route and the formed road do not coincide therefore it is public foot access only.
    Yep the public road stops at the big stone gate. The walking access was or is called a paper road- it is the owners of the property that decide if the walking track can be used- this changed or came up again 10 or 20 years ago.Difference here is all of the land past the stone gate is private including the privately maintained road for the properties vehicles.

I’m sorry Tahr, but your (as of late) increasing petulance and fist thumping doesn’t impress me. If a legal determination in court in required to establish ownership is what is required, then that is what must occur.

No amount of negotiation with a group who do not have legal ownership will result in an agreement that has any legal standing.

I have a problem with large trucks parking on the grass berm outside my place and rutting it so badly I cannot mow it. From what you seem to be suggesting, it will be okay if I fence it off so they cannot park there - even though I don’t own the land. What utter bollocks.

I've got the original survey map in front of me, and it specifically says "Land taken". I also have the latest copy of the LINZ record which says the purpose is "Water development" .

Something that may bear clarifying is that prior to 1968 this land was part of the National Park. In 1968 there was essentially a simultaneous creation of the road, and the Trust blocks.
    As separate pieces of land. That is, there are two Trust blocks, with a separate road between them.

I am still waiting on the Maori Land Court to reply.
    Shearer, Woody and Dazzh like this.

Duplicate post
    Last edited by Ross Nolan; 01-08-2022 at 09:10 AM.
    Dazzh likes this.

Duplicate post.

WTF is going on with the forum currently - the speed is so slow that people (and me) are accidentally double (or triple) posting thinking that the first hasn't gone through.
    Last edited by Ross Nolan; 01-08-2022 at 09:11 AM.

I've got the original survey map in front of me, and it specifically says "Land taken". I also have the latest copy of the LINZ record which says the purpose is "Water development" .

Something that may bear clarifying is that prior to 1968 this land was part of the National Park. In 1968 there was essentially a simultaneous creation of the road, and the Trust blocks.
    As separate pieces of land. That is, there are two Trust blocks, with a separate road between them.

I am still waiting on the Maori Land Court to reply.
    I am holding documents that back this up. Something of interest is the the original survey shows the road being 100 feet (30 meters wide). The latest deposited drawings show it as 25 meters.
    Woody likes this.

Add to Cigars,WAMS Property Information Map has those easements highlighted in black. First one down Rangipo Intake Rd is a triangle piece and the second is at the T intersection on sealed piece.

Duplicate post.

WTF is going on with the forum currently - the speed is so slow that people (and me) are accidentally double (or triple) posting thinking that the first hasn't gone through.
    Now now Mr Nolan, don't dis the forum or you may be gated.
    Shearer and Ross Nolan like this.

Dont know about Waipakihi but Rangipo has had a lot of surveying done lately locating boundary pegs.

The Maori Land Court has just replied, as below. They misinterpreted the query, but the points are 1) this is Crown Land, and 2) there doesn't appear to be any agreement regarding any modification of the road.

Tēnā koe Ross

Regarding your enquiry, the gazette notice NZG50/1344, it’s one of those attached documents you sent us with the LINZ reference 830361.2, it indicates that the area that goes through the middle of the Rangipo North 7C block was taken by the Crown for the purpose of ‘the development of water power (Tongariro Power Scheme).

Without access to the M.O.W. 22306 (S.O. 27023) plan which the gazette notice quotes, I can only assume that the 19 acres 2 roods 19.1 perches stated in the gazette notice is the alignment that you can see going through the middle of 7C.

As to ownership of the road that goes over this easement, technically it belongs to the Crown (local government) since this easement is owned by the Crown and what is on it belongs to the Crown.

If it is determined that another entity such as the Rangipo North 7C Trust is claiming ownership of the road, this may not be correct. They may have built the road and laid out all the costs for the road construction however approval by the Crown would have needed to of been sought from the Crown first before the Trust built the road over the easement. This scenario would come about if the road was built after the area was set aside as an easement back in 1968.

If it is determined that the roadway was already in place before the easement was established then the Trust should have at least been given permission by the Crown to continue using the road. An arrangement that may be noted elsewhere on the LINZ record (we have nothing on our record other than a copy of the gazette notice) or is one that can be reached with both Trust and the Crown, if the Crown chooses to take that up with the Trust.

If the M.O.W. 22306 (S.O. 27023) plan verifies the 19 acres 2 roods 19.1 perches as being this alignment, then the information given above is correct.

I trust this helps to answer your questions.

This all seems pretty clear, and is in line with what I thought at the beginning. Everyone involved someone else had done the due diligence, or were just acting on what they knew, not what was actually the truth.

Might be time for a few people to reconsider their positions.
    Last edited by Ross Nolan; 01-08-2022 at 01:41 PM.