Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Kaimanawas 1080 drop

Quote Originally Posted by Rusky View Post
    Looks like the Kaimanawas are going to get an aerial thrashing of 1080 come 1st of May. There goes my winter hunting plans for Sika for that area.

http://www.doc.govt.nz/pagefiles/110...lock-kaipo.jpg
    Rusky,
    I imagine that you would be a bit disappointed at the almost complete lack of interest in what the Dept of Constipation is about to do for the 3RD time in 5 years????

I've tried to stir the dedicated Sika hunters up & like you was hoping for some positive reactions. It took about 3 years for the animal numbers to come back to the stage where you could see some sign during a hunt. I recall a hunt during the summer of 2012 when there were NO flies in the bush!!!!! That is one dead environment.

Any ideas on how to wind these turkeys up?????

AND: good on ya for bringing the matter to everyone's attention

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    an argument against 1080 coming from deer stalkers will never be well respected, all they're trying to do is save their hobby of killing an introduced species while 1080 is dropped to try and save the native species.

How about getting a fund going for some independant and peer reviewed studies into the effects of 1080 on national I've species, water quality and native forest health? It will hold more respect than a bunch of grumpy letters, however the studies, if conducted, are likely to work against deer stalkers interests.

Savage me old trout. If you truly believe that 1080 poison ( one of the most toxic insecticides known to man and banned in almost every country in the world!!!) actually SAVES our native fauna then you need to watch a DVD called "Poisoning Paradise" which can be seen on youtube or TV Wild :: Home. After you have watched that extremely revealing dvd you may wish to revise your thinking???? I challenge you to take the plunge & actually watch it & then let us know what you think???? There ya go!!!!

Clements Rd 1080 drop planned.

Have just received this email which may or may not contain truthful info????

'

Just got this about the Clements Rd 1080 drop planned for July this year.(2016)

A number of infected possums, pigs and deer have been found in the area during the last 10 years, these have contagious bush with the Kaipo operation - No infected herds are within the area, this therefore determines that the infection is sustaining itself within the wild animal population - Under the proposed strategy we have the objective of eradication of TB from possums by 2040. To do this we need to maintain very low possum densities to stop the disease from spreading from possum to possum. Target levels being 2% RTC. Herds on movement control will not play a major part in decisions on when & where TB control is completed under this strategy - This operation is scheduled to occur in July/August 2016, weather dependent. Consultation will begin soon - Deer Repellent will be used across the entire operational area

How much of this is bullshit I don't know but guessing where it came from I wouldn't believe much of it

we managed to get deer repellant in the south wairarapa with the help of local NZDA and the Aorangi restoration trust, Very few deaths compared to the non deer repellant used years ago

Hamish
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by top gun View Post
    Savage me old trout. If you truly believe that 1080 poison ( one of the most toxic insecticides known to man and banned in almost every country in the world!!!) actually SAVES our native fauna then you need to watch a DVD called "Poisoning Paradise" which can be seen on youtube or TV Wild :: Home. After you have watched that extremely revealing dvd you may wish to revise your thinking???? I challenge you to take the plunge & actually watch it & then let us know what you think???? There ya go!!!!
    Fuck yeah. Science at its finest.
    https://youtu.be/esOEyG-HYYs
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Go and have a look in the western National Park rivers and report back on what you see.
    Because several of them now hold the largest populations of Blue Duck since monitoring has taken place, and quite possibly since pre European times. 1080. Its not all bad.

In fact, if you want I will arrange a day for you in National Park and you can spend it talking with the biodiversity manager and looking at Kiwi and blue duck. You will hear a quite different story to the one that the Graff's spin.
    kiwijames and res like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Fuck yeah. Science at its finest.
    https://youtu.be/esOEyG-HYYs
    Apart from the intelligent sarcasm!!!! Have you actually watched " Poisoning Paradise" or are you in automatic DOC playback mode?????

No personal insult intended ( much ).

Quote Originally Posted by HNTMAD View Post
    we managed to get deer repellant in the south wairarapa with the help of local NZDA and the Aorangi restoration trust, Very few deaths compared to the non deer repellant used years ago

Hamish
    The problem with deer repellent is that the first decent bit of rain after the drop the stuff washes off. The people who make the baits (Animal Control Products(SOE) in Wanganui (correct spelling!!!) refuse to add the repellent INTO the baits so it is integral to the rest of the crap that's in it, like sugar & water repellent.

The Kaimanawa baits dropped in June 2011 were still killing Sika (& everything else) SIX months after the drop. If you had seen any of Stephen Anderson's photo's you'd have seen the evidence. & those baits in the 2011 & 2012 drop had deer repellent added. Deer repellent is a sopp to the masses!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Go and have a look in the western National Park rivers and report back on what you see.
    Because several of them now hold the largest populations of Blue Duck since monitoring has taken place, and quite possibly since pre European times. 1080. Its not all bad.

In fact, if you want I will arrange a day for you in National Park and you can spend it talking with the biodiversity manager and looking at Kiwi and blue duck. You will hear a quite different story to the one that the Graff's spin.
    I know Dept of Corruption staff who hold non-approved views about 1080 & what it does to the fauna that they are trying to protect & if they ever got reported for saying the things I've heard confidentially they'd be sacked instantly!!!! So don't come at the DOC propaganda bullshit with me sport!!!!

Have YOU watched "Poisoning Paradise"????? I'd really like to know???? AND, I don't think blue ducks actually toddle around the bush getting up close & personal with 1080 baits,eh????( watch P/P & you'll see native birds eating the shit!!!!) Although there are fuck all blue ducks in the Hinemaia & before the 1080'ing of the RHA there were quite a few!!!!!
    blake likes this.

Apart from the intelligent sarcasm!!!! Have you actually watched " Poisoning Paradise" or are you in automatic DOC playback mode?????

No personal insult intended ( much ).
    Funny how you anti guys tend to assume everyone else is uninformed and ignorant, and generally tend to come across as rude.
    Some people have just reached a different conclusion to yours.
    Savage1, kiwijames and Tommy like this.

This is exactly why the 1080 lobby has little credibility, and is getting nowhere. TG, you are actually doing your cause (which I have some sympathy for) more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    This is exactly why the 1080 lobby has little credibility, and is getting nowhere.

That; and it doesn't have a leg to stand on

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Funny how you anti guys tend to assume everyone else is uninformed and ignorant

They're projecting
    Pointer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Funny how you anti guys tend to assume everyone else is uninformed and ignorant, and generally tend to come across as rude.
    Some people have just reached a different conclusion to yours.
    Gosh I don't know how you arrived at that conclusion????? Rude???me???? Never.
    But: I do wonder how you 1080 converts/ proliferators arrive at your conclusions if they're not firmly attached to $'s??????? ( & lot's of 'em ) OR. maybe "job security????

Just a passing thought.

I'm still waiting for my 1080 bribe check to come in the mail. Hasn't arrived yet. Bastards.
    Savage1 likes this.