Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Kaimanawas 1080 drop

Quote Originally Posted by top gun View Post
    It goes right back to the 6 to 12 mill Moa's & how they modified our native bush.
    Modified?!? For a species to MODIFY an existing ecosystem, wouldn't that specifies need to be INTRODUCED to an existing ecosystem? My understanding is that the various Moa species evolved in NZ from day one, when NZ broke away from whatever larger landmass.

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Well, i tell you the answers to some of them!
    1 Why does DOC support 1080......DOC are muppets of the Government..they get told what to do and do it, the Government tell them support it and thats it. Its no secret that anyone in DOC wont speak out about 1080 if they dont agree with the BS thats fed to the public otherwise they get sacked/end of story.

2 Why does forest and bird support 1080? ...... Who the fuck knows! Maybe they actually believe the 1080 works and is the best form of control to save the birds and the forests, as no doubt 1080 certainly wipes out possuoms, the bird egg eating and forest destroying machines they are lol. Others say its political, and as they joined up with the FED Farmers on support for 1080, these two hugely political players are right in the middle of the big business machine which is 1080, its a massive industry with big back handers, pest control is just a little part of the whole big business machine.

3 Why does the Government support 1080....... Its big business as stated before, pressured by very big politcal players in Forest and bird and Fed Farmers, its votes, its back handers on a big scale, its jobs, its politcal and lastly the Government owns the 1080 factories, its money...its Bs on a massive scale, ..no one will speak out about it, no one wants to slap the hand that feeds them..need i say more.

4AHB why they support it........ They dont care about the costs, they know it kills possums better than any other method, it works. Its what matters to them, and they in the same boat, political pressure, involved in a industry which isnt just all about pest control, its far bigger than that.
    1)So DOC uses a product that does more harm on the forest than it does good because they're told to and they're all silenced by threat of losing their jobs?

2)How big is the 1080 "big business machine"? How many tonne do they go through and how much does it cost per tonne? And do you really think it is because of back handers that Forest and Bird support 1080?! Is that seriously the best that you can come up with?

3)How is 1080 big business? It's tiny on the scale of things! So the government bribes DOC, F&B and all the other political parties to support 1080 just to keep their factory going. Where do you come up with this crap?! Did it occur to you that maybe F&B knows more than you?

4) No doubt AHB/OSPRI supports it because it is so effective.

So basically summing up your view, the government owns the factory that produces 1080 so they force 1080 to be rained upon the native bush regardless of it causing more harm than good, and they do this by back handers to all people that use it and applying political pressure to DOC, F&B, OSPRI, opponent political parties etc etc just to turn a profit, much of which comes directly from it's own funding through DOC and OSPRI and this profit must be of such an amount to offset all of costs incurred by applying it and paying off everybody to keep their mouths shut and be such a huge amount that it warrants the risk of such corruption in the highest level of government.

My view is that it quite simply works and despite its numerous faults, it's the best option that we currently have. Nobody needs to be paid off.
    Wildman, Tahr and kiwijames like this.

Can someone let me know who I need to call to get my 1080 bribes? They haven't come through yet
    Wildman likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    1)So DOC uses a product that does more harm on the forest than it does good because they're told to and they're all silenced by threat of losing their jobs?

2)How big is the 1080 "big business machine"? How many tonne do they go through and how much does it cost per tonne? And do you really think it is because of back handers that Forest and Bird support 1080?! Is that seriously the best that you can come up with?

3)How is 1080 big business? It's tiny on the scale of things! So the government bribes DOC, F&B and all the other political parties to support 1080 just to keep their factory going. Where do you come up with this crap?! Did it occur to you that maybe F&B knows more than you?

4) No doubt AHB/OSPRI supports it because it is so effective.

So basically summing up your view, the government owns the factory that produces 1080 so they force 1080 to be rained upon the native bush regardless of it causing more harm than good, and they do this by back handers to all people that use it and applying political pressure to DOC, F&B, OSPRI, opponent political parties etc etc just to turn a profit, much of which comes directly from it's own funding through DOC and OSPRI and this profit must be of such an amount to offset all of costs incurred by applying it and paying off everybody to keep their mouths shut and be such a huge amount that it warrants the risk of such corruption in the highest level of government.

My view is that it quite simply works and despite its numerous faults, it's the best option that we currently have. Nobody needs to be paid off.
    There you go again. Being all logical.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Can someone let me know who I need to call to get my 1080 bribes? They haven't come through yet
    Spectre I believe.
    Savage1 likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Modified?!? For a species to MODIFY an existing ecosystem, wouldn't that specifies need to be INTRODUCED to an existing ecosystem? My understanding is that the various Moa species evolved in NZ from day one, when NZ broke away from whatever larger landmass.
    Hasn't it also been shown that the Moa didn't inhabit the deep bush and just inhabited the verges? This was shown by the Maori being able to drive them too extinction as the Maori didn't populate the deepest areas of the forest.

Wonder whether Moa burgers would be any good?
    stretch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Wonder whether Moa burgers would be any good?
    Probably tastes like chicken

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Contact deer243. It is really just part of an elaborate cover up. He's a government agent.
    The strategy is to make the spin sound so unbelievable that no one will tumble to their cunning plan.

I blame Donald Trump.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    kiwijames and Danny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    I blame Donald Trump.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    He knows words!
    stretch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Contact deer243. It is really just part of an elaborate cover up. He's a government agent.
    The strategy is to make the spin sound so unbelievable that no one will tumble to their cunning plan.
    Its a no win arguement...you so clearly pro DOC and 1080 from other posts in the past you have your opinion set, i have mine. One thing is for sure, if you(and savage) actually believe 1080 is just about pest control you in a dreamland. 1080 is a industry, theres been so much BS said on it its a joke, its very political and its controled by the govnerment...not DOC, they the muppets that do as they told.
    Pro 1080 supporters attack anti 1080 the same way as anti ones attack the pros.
    You think im a joke...i think your heads in the sand and as much a joke as you think i am. Thousands support each view, but many Pro 1080 supporters are often involved in DOC , or have some invested interest somewhere and are bias to the bone. Nearly pointless trying to change anyones mind, as you either in one camp or the other,
    blake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Its a no win arguement...you so clearly pro DOC and 1080 from other posts in the past you have your opinion set, i have mine. One thing is for sure, if you(and savage) actually believe 1080 is just about pest control you in a dreamland. 1080 is a industry, theres been so much BS said on it its a joke, its very political and its controled by the govnerment...not DOC, they the muppets that do as they told.
    Pro 1080 supporters attack anti 1080 the same way as anti ones attack the pros.
    You think im a joke...i think your heads in the sand and as much a joke as you think i am. Thousands support each view, but many Pro 1080 supporters are often involved in DOC , or have some invested interest somewhere and are bias to the bone. Nearly pointless trying to change anyones mind, as you either in one camp or the other,
    Firstly, I am not pro 1080.
    I do though view it as a necessary evil for the control of predators and vectors. It requires constraints, but at this time it can't be replaced for critical broad acre use.
    I understand both sides of the debate, and I attempt to remain objective.
    I am not pro DOC. But I am pro the very hard working and dedicated field staff who are doing all they can with the current science to save our flora and fauna.
    I am involved with DOC in the field to an adequate extent to allow me to make an objective appraisal of the their wins and losses.
    And I do not believe in fairy tales. And yes, I do think that your grand conspiracy stories are a joke. But I don't think that you are a joke. I view you simply as a dedicated and passionate hunter.
    Savage1, Nick.m, kiwijames and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Firstly, I am not pro 1080.
    I do though view it as a necessary evil for the control of predators and vectors. It requires constraints, but at this time it can't be replaced for critical broad acre use.
    I understand both sides of the debate, and I attempt to remain objective.
    I am not pro DOC. But I am pro the very hard working and dedicated field staff who are doing all they can with the current science to save our flora and fauna.
    I am involved with DOC in the field to an adequate extent to allow me to make an objective appraisal of the their wins and losses.
    And I do not believe in fairy tales. And yes, I do think that your grand conspiracy stories are a joke. But I don't think that you are a joke. I view you simply as a dedicated and passionate hunter.
    Have you ever threatened your belief in DOC propaganda by watching the excellent DVD called " Poisoning Paradise"????? Yes/No????

If you do watch it ( you have to be brave & have taken a couple of tranquilisers!!) You MAY well change your friendly views on this super toxin insecticide????

I'd like to see a dissertation on here from you when you HAVE watched it, please. Note: It was NOT video taped in a studio.