Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Kaimanawas 1080 drop

Quote Originally Posted by top gun View Post
    Pardon????? Were you being rude there Gimp???? Tsk! Tsk!!!
    Quite regularly: yes
    kiwijames likes this.

Also I've been in and out of forests generally rather than posting long, wrong, things on the Internet

Jeez Elf "tag someone with a space in their forum name"????? Watcha on about there Elfie?????

AND: what was the point of you second comment???? Degrees in all that crap are NOT required quals for seeing what's missing in our bush??? LIKE NO BLOODY FLIES in the peak of the summer!!!!!! That's not a bad indication that "something" is wrong with the environment eh???? & I'm just a dumb bathplug really, as you can clearly tell.

Keep smoling that shit, you'll come right eventually.
    It's actually ebf, not elf

1080 gets aerially applied plenty in Australia to control foxes and wild dogs, but you're right that it's not broadcast to nearly the same extent as New Zealand.
    The US have used far more persistent pesticides than 1080 in their off shore eradication programs.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    It's actually ebf, not elf
    maybe he got slightly confused looking at my avatar

elf = gnome in some languages

still waiting for him to say how much time he actually spends in the bush, I reckon you'd win that one hands-down !
    Last edited by ebf; 03-03-2016 at 06:03 PM. Reason: spelling doh !
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    Come over to the kawekas
    Kawekas are getting it too. All 15,000 hectares of it

Savage,
    1. 1080 ( sodium mono fluoro acetate) is listed by the FBI as the 2nd most toxic SUPER toxin in existence. ( that should tell you something)
    2. The stuff is banned in almost every country in the world apart from the US & Oz & they don't toss it out of monsoon buckets all over the countryside
    and into waterways etc.
    3. The shit kills everything that uses Oxygen ( known fact)
    4. Every scientist who has worked for DOC or other depts who has produced adverse reports on the downstream effects of 1080 have lost their
    jobs or contracts. ( Whiting-O'keefes, Mike Meade, Graham Cauley) just to name a few.
    5. All TRUE hunters who have been into forested areas within the weeks & months after a drop find the bush DEAD, no birds,no animals,smell of dead
    deer etc, no flies, no fuck all except bloody wasps.

You only have to watch "Poisoning Paradise" DVD to see what it does to our native birds, just imagine what the shit is doing to the bugs & beetles in the leaf
    litter & in the streams & creeks.

So there ya go, you asked!!!! I'm sure you'll find plenty in that lot to pick holes in but what I have said is FACT & I'm sure that there are plenty of REAL hunters on this forum who will agree with my comments.
    So you didn't answer a single one of those questions, just tried sidestepping the obvious as most antis do.

1 - No one cares what the FBI rate the poison as, it's irrelevant.
    2 - We have a unique situation situation in this country in regards to having virtually no native mammals, whether other countries use it or not is irrelevant, they aren't in the same situation.
    3 - No shit, it's a poison, you could say the same about salt, sulphuric acid, petrol, cyanide etc. Once again, irrelevant.
    4 - That's a very broad sweeping statement, I haven't looked into each of their cases, were their studies peer reviewed? Shown to be biased or inaccurate?
    5 - Are you saying that no 'true' hunters support 1080? What defines a true hunter? Is it possible to be a 'true' hunter and a conservationist at the same time?

I didn't ask for any of that, I asked specific questions and you decided to regurgitate ignorant statements and ignored what I asked.

I don't know why I bother, we've both made up our minds.
    Wildman, Tahr, Nick.m and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Topgun,

- Why does DOC support 1080? Especially with their lack of funding.
    - Why does Forest and Bird vehemently support 1080?
    - Why does the government support 1080?
    - Why does the AHB support 1080?

Pretty simple questions which I can answer easily.

Don't try and tell me a very small poison industry manages to bribe an entire government including opposition parties, DOC, AHB and F&B all the while also influence the studies done to the positive and negative effects of the toxin. Maybe all the antis just have shares in other poison companies.

My Grandfather was a die hard conservationist and studied the effects of 1080 and got into the forests before and after the drops. He was a very honest and intelligent man. He was a big fan of 1080, he said to me that it wasn't perfect but it was far far better than any other option we had. I've watched the Graff videos too.

What's your order of priorities:
    - Deer hunting
    - Forest conservation, fauna and flora
    - Animal wellbeing/suffering
    Well, i tell you the answers to some of them!
    1 Why does DOC support 1080......DOC are muppets of the Government..they get told what to do and do it, the Government tell them support it and thats it. Its no secret that anyone in DOC wont speak out about 1080 if they dont agree with the BS thats fed to the public otherwise they get sacked/end of story.

2 Why does forest and bird support 1080? ...... Who the fuck knows! Maybe they actually believe the 1080 works and is the best form of control to save the birds and the forests, as no doubt 1080 certainly wipes out possuoms, the bird egg eating and forest destroying machines they are lol. Others say its political, and as they joined up with the FED Farmers on support for 1080, these two hugely political players are right in the middle of the big business machine which is 1080, its a massive industry with big back handers, pest control is just a little part of the whole big business machine.

3 Why does the Government support 1080....... Its big business as stated before, pressured by very big politcal players in Forest and bird and Fed Farmers, its votes, its back handers on a big scale, its jobs, its politcal and lastly the Government owns the 1080 factories, its money...its Bs on a massive scale, ..no one will speak out about it, no one wants to slap the hand that feeds them..need i say more.

4AHB why they support it........ They dont care about the costs, they know it kills possums better than any other method, it works. Its what matters to them, and they in the same boat, political pressure, involved in a industry which isnt just all about pest control, its far bigger than that.
    blake likes this.

You need no get out more deer243. Thats a load of old rubbish.

Yeah, I'm not that up to speed on the finer points of the 1080 argument, but something from my observations on the internet regarding other subjects that I DO know a bit about: Massive overuse of punctuation marks are a sign. Oooh yes they are.

Love a good 1080 debate
    I don't get out very much now but I used to get out a bit. I've been in 1080ed areas and it's so dead it's unbelievable. So on that note I don't like 1080, and I like to go possum shooting and I spot lighting the little fuck rs too
    deer243 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    maybe he got slightly confused looking at my avatar

elf = gnome in some languages

still waiting for him to say how much time he actually spends in the bush, I reckon you'd win that one hands-down !
    Sorry about the elf bit there Elb!!! No offence meant. Have been hunting the kaimanawa's & the whirinaki for nearly 40 years. Not as much as I used to when I had a real job ( 2 or 3 times a month ) but I probably get 10 or 15 days down in Jap country a year now that I work 6 days a week.

Do I qualify????? I didn't realise we were scoring points???

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Ok why is that all you anti 1080 activists are so pig headed?
    Scribe is a insane 1080 activist who runs "NZ hunter and the hunted" go check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to be rude there Brads!!!!! Go into the native within a week of an aerial drop & you'll see for yourself. It appears to me that you haven't done that yet???? Have you????

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Well, i tell you the answers to some of them!
    1 Why does DOC support 1080......DOC are muppets of the Government..they get told what to do and do it, the Government tell them support it and thats it. Its no secret that anyone in DOC wont speak out about 1080 if they dont agree with the BS thats fed to the public otherwise they get sacked/end of story.

2 Why does forest and bird support 1080? ...... Who the fuck knows! Maybe they actually believe the 1080 works and is the best form of control to save the birds and the forests, as no doubt 1080 certainly wipes out possuoms, the bird egg eating and forest destroying machines they are lol. Others say its political, and as they joined up with the FED Farmers on support for 1080, these two hugely political players are right in the middle of the big business machine which is 1080, its a massive industry with big back handers, pest control is just a little part of the whole big business machine.

3 Why does the Government support 1080....... Its big business as stated before, pressured by very big politcal players in Forest and bird and Fed Farmers, its votes, its back handers on a big scale, its jobs, its politcal and lastly the Government owns the 1080 factories, its money...its Bs on a massive scale, ..no one will speak out about it, no one wants to slap the hand that feeds them..need i say more.

4AHB why they support it........ They dont care about the costs, they know it kills possums better than any other method, it works. Its what matters to them, and they in the same boat, political pressure, involved in a industry which isnt just all about pest control, its far bigger than that.

Shit oh deer, I'm lost for words there deer243. I couldn't have put it better myself!!!! BLOODY WELL DONE THAT MAN!!!!!

Have a go at THAT Savage!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    It's not simply a matter of 1080. It's us that are destroying the bush, trying to get it back to what it was before we arrived.Based on a cockeyed view of a few interlectuals.

If we just stopped interfering and let nature balance it all out. Might take some time but it will happen.

Turtle ( & others) Read Bill Benfield's book "The Third Wave" It's being reprinted now after the first lot sold out.

It goes right back to the 6 to 12 mill Moa's & how they modified our native bush. A bloody interesting read. Should be available again soon.