Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: Scent control.

Scent control.

TBH ..I always take celery sticks in a air tight bag that I can pump seal (zip lok make them put a pic of it if need be) celery is a natural neutraliser for the breath

https://www.sharecare.com/health/bad...elp-bad-breath

Also is really refreshing and because of the liquid content is another from of water for the body help quench the thirst ..almost like eating an apple ...almost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bowtech Carbon knight & Fuel
    Deer crossing SD hunter micro diameter shafts, pin nocks, fusion 2.1" vanes
    Helix copy broad heads, Wasp drone & hammer broad heads
    Rip Cord drop away
    Scott Rhino release & Octane 5" stabiliser

Pointer and Zamkiwi like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

From 15y old to 38y old I chain smoked parkdrive tobacco at around 10 grams a day or two 30 gram packs every 6 days, rolling "racehorses" with no filters this pretty much meant that if I was awake there was a durry hanging out of my mouth, Up until I turned 30 when I upgraded the arsenal 100y would have been a long long shot, 90% of deer,pig and goat was shot at 10-40y cos you cant see further than that in most bush.
    Have even been within less than 2m of a feeding hind with the wind going in her direction with a lit durry in my mouth,she only spooked when I lept at her to try and slap her on the arse....my finger tips just brushed the hair on her rump.
    If I had committed to the jump I probably could have bulldogged her but having grown up on a deer farm I know how those hooves can cut you up....I just wanted to be able to say I got close enough to slap a wild deer on the arse...not quite but fucken close!

Understanding wind currents is a far more helpfull skill than trying to cover your scent in my opinion or I would never have shot anything.
    Pointer and BRADS like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

This is my "zip vac" bags sorry ..the smallest one I usually put frozen mixed veggies then pump out the air throw it in the freezer grab it and pack it somewhere not internally then when I cook me a feed (2 nights has been my max) input some in with whatever I'm cooking up reseal and pump out air and store again ..the bag retains the water in there ..I don't take a massive amount enough for two meals and that's me ..

Rip Cord drop away

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    From 15y old to 38y old I chain smoked parkdrive tobacco at around 10 grams a day or two 30 gram packs every 6 days, rolling "racehorses" with no filters this pretty much meant that if I was awake there was a durry hanging out of my mouth, Up until I turned 30 when I upgraded the arsenal 100y would have been a long long shot, 90% of deer,pig and goat was shot at 10-40y cos you cant see further than that in most bush.
    Have even been within less than 2m of a feeding hind with the wind going in her direction with a lit durry in my mouth,she only spooked when I lept at her to try and slap her on the arse....my finger tips just brushed the hair on her rump.
    If I had committed to the jump I probably could have bulldogged her but having grown up on a deer farm I know how those hooves can cut you up....I just wanted to be able to say I got close enough to slap a wild deer on the arse...not quite but fucken close!

Understanding wind currents is a far more helpfull skill than trying to cover your scent in my opinion or I would never have shot anything.
    Cool vietnamcam ..I am looking to achieve both ..that's what makes hunting great ..we all got our own style

Rip Cord drop away

I suppose that's the advantage you have had over me is growing up around that ..merely because I haven't and I'm out there learning these things on my own (not entirely I bought mags and watch vids of experienced hunters and the way they rolled and applied what I could) I want to give myself as much of a chance as possible can because some of us ain't that fortunate to have that at our finger tips ..so yip lucky fella

Rip Cord drop away

Scent control.

I'm a bow hunter who had to learn from scratch ..and I'll be honest I love the challenge ..I try and get out there as much as I can because the through experience is how we gain knowledge ..rifle hunters that have tried the hand a bow hunting love the challenges it brings and find a new passion for hunting because it brings a whole lot of different dynamics and challenges ..

Rip Cord drop away

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwininja View Post
    I'm a bow hunter who had to learn from scratch ..and I'll be honest I love the challenge ..I try and get out there as much as I can because the through experience is how we gain knowledge ..rifle hunters that have tried the hand a bow hunting love the challenges it brings and find a new passion for hunting because it brings a whole lot of different dynamics and challenges ..

Yes but dont discount the many very experienced hunters on the forum because they use a rifle.....just because it is possible to shoot further doesnt mean they are unable/dont need to get close.

The wind was heading striaght for this hind but being tucked down in a little gully our scent was being blown straight over her even at 15ish yards, this was about day six of hunting every day with no shower and the same clothes bar socks and undies. enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-dNl4nW40

At the very end look at the crown fern....there is a strong breeze that should be blowing our very stinky man scent straight to her original position but due to the topography she could not smell us.
    Last edited by veitnamcam; 11-02-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Yes but dont discount the many very experienced hunters on the forum because they use a rifle.....just because it is possible to shoot further doesnt mean they are unable/dont need to get close.

The wind was heading striaght for this hind but being tucked down in a little gully our scent was being blown straight over her even at 15ish yards, this was about day six of hunting every day with no shower and the same clothes bar socks and undies. enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-dNl4nW40

At the very end look at the crown fern....there is a strong breeze that should be blowing our very stinky man scent straight to her original position but due to the topography she could not smell us.
    Cheers for that ..but as I said you have you way and I have mine ..but hazy the vid but none the less captured content for you to reflect on ..awesome

Rip Cord drop away

You could always get some Hind scent, spray it on so you smell like a sexy ass girl deer with long eyelashes.
    The roars just around the corner so you may just meet up with a handsome stag! Just shoot him before he has his wicked way with you
    veitnamcam and Pengy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingWings View Post
    You could always get some Hind scent, spray it on so you smell like a sexy ass girl deer with long eyelashes.
    The roars just around the corner so you may just meet up with a handsome stag! Just shoot him before he has his wicked way with you
    Hey I might give that a crack ..be nice to have a stag have its wicked way with me and my broadhead ..cheers for that

Rip Cord drop away

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwininja View Post
    Hey I might give that a crack ..be nice to have a stag have its wicked way with me and my broadhead ..cheers for that

He might use his broadhead

Just like this

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...tag-roar-6462/

There is some Toby gold in here.....RIP Toby
    WhistlingWings likes this.

Lmao you talk from experience

Rip Cord drop away

Scent control.

Is that how you got the name whistlingwings ...

Rip Cord drop away