Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Tahr foundation petition and court action

Why are we not seeing or hearing about rec hunters not permitted to fly into National Parks for hunting purposes? But AATH are permitted to drop off clients in the National Park to shoot game? This is so wrong on many levels over recent years that i would have thought this question would get some air time with media with our main support network?? Maybe Willy Duley has asked this question but it was edited out??
    Woody, Micky Duck and Maxx like this.

There has been bugger all media coverage on this, was the media handed another government hand out

That article was an absolute joke. Nothing but anecdotal evidence presented. More F&B tactics to bring up the issue of introduced ungulates in the media in a time where the minister is very sympathetic indeed.

Cameraman Dave
    Regarding The Project last night, I've emailed the producers to express my concern about both the accuracy of the journalism and the type of imagery used.

As well as my dayjob producing the Hunters Club, I'm also a freelancer who films stories for Newshub and The Project every few months, as I'm based in an area where it's cost and time prohibitive for them to send a camera crew from the big smoke. I've told them I'll pass on future stories unless they lift their game.

I've also offered them for free some more representative footage of Tahr in a more natural state, standing proud on a snowy bluff etc, rather than looking like rats being hazed from the air. That archive material is absolutely loaded in DoC's favour, and doesn't do us hunters any favours at all. Hopefully they accept the offer.

Good man Dave.
    Duurty .30cal

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
    Sigmund Freud

Absolute legend Dave. Thank you

@The Hunters Club hey Dave thanks for the effort you have put in to this. Is there any chance of putting up a link to the post you put up on facebook for those that are unable to get it. Keep up the good work.
    Cheers Mike

Cameraman Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    @The Hunters Club hey Dave thanks for the effort you have put in to this. Is there any chance of putting up a link to the post you put up on facebook for those that are unable to get it. Keep up the good work.
    Cheers Mike
    Thanks Mike.

Here's a link to the Facebook vid, regret a couple of comments made within it now but was feeling pretty fired up at the time of filming -
    https://www.facebook.com/huntersclub...3085662675406/
    Carpe Diem and bigbear like this.

perhaps the SPCA should be looking at that footage of helicopter hazing of Tahr and pull DOC into court for animal cruelty
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgrass View Post
    https://www.odt.co.nz/rural-life/rur...%99-west-coast

Few articles coming out about deer numbers lately. Guess “awareness” is being increased to help justify future reductions of the next introduced species.
    Fuck me
    tahr are an illegal introduced species
    . They are illegal? So all tahr are considered criminals now then.

As for this
    Ngāi Tahu representative Kara Edwards told the board the iwi was working on the tahr issue with DOC in a co-governance role but had not formed a collective view on non-indigenous kai species.

"For some of our Ngāi Tahu people, tahr and deer are part of their sustenance, but others are very conservation-minded.

"It's fair to say that tahr are not a taonga species and there would be a lot of indigenous species we would put ahead of them.
    This is shameful. So these dicks dont want them because they are not indigenous and would prefer to kill and eat indigenous species of animals in NZ. I think it is time Ngai Tahu fucked off back to the North Island with an attitude like that.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

From my understanding @chainsaw, Department of Communism cant be pulled in for animal cruelty.
    Something to do with being assigned by the crown. Could be wrong though, but that's why they can get away with the cruelty caused from 1080 use.
    outlander likes this.
    Duurty .30cal

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
    Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgrass View Post
    https://www.odt.co.nz/rural-life/rur...%99-west-coast

Few articles coming out about deer numbers lately. Guess “awareness” is being increased to help justify future reductions of the next introduced species.
    I didn't know deer recognised State Highways and would not cross them.
    because they would not cross Highway 6 to enter this forest.

Quote Originally Posted by erniec View Post
    I didn't know deer recognised State Highways and would not cross them.
    because they would not cross Highway 6 to enter this forest.
    I quite literally watched a stag cross the highway about 10km from lake moeraki about a month ago

This is shameful. So these dicks dont want them because they are not indigenous and would prefer to kill and eat indigenous species of animals in NZ. I think it is time Ngai Tahu fucked off back to the North Island with an attitude like that.[/QUOTE]

And started paying taxes like every other person/business does !!
    Russian 22. and outlander like this.

Cameraman Dave
    Just a follow up from my email sent to The Project last night, this arrived in the inbox 5 minutes ago...

Hi David,

XXXXX passed on your message to me about the tahr story we did last night.

We're sorry to hear the hunting community is disappointed and frankly a little surprised, given that the story had far more time given to the hunters opinion than DoC - in fact we aired almost a full interview with a hunter and Kanoa went out of her way to speak about how beautiful and majestic the tahr were off the back of the piece.

But I do understand that visuals are important and we unfortunately did rely on archival footage from Newshub for the piece - we would love to take you up on your offer of shots of tahr for any stories we do in the future.

Thanks heaps for getting in touch and for such a generous offer, we really appreciate it.

I'll be sending them some more impressive visuals later today to refresh the library with.
    Snowgrass, JoshC, tikka and 8 others like this.