Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree324Likes

Thread: Takeing people hunting from the forum

Been on a couple of forum vermin hunts and they’ve been great fellas. Gadgetman took good care of the mincey Jaffa. Answered a request for a hunt from Doc Watson years ago on the Rimfire forum when it was popular. Ended up keeping in contact and becoming good mates.

Its only quite recently i found out that iam what they call on the autism spectrum and dyslexia goes hand in hand with autism and part of that is being socially arkward.So you never really fit in anywhere and you pretty much go though life with no real friends at all or just no friends lots of associates .I have met some awsome people though the forum .But the real reason ihave taken people hunting was to hopefully meet a hunting mate but it turns out almost all not every one iam alright to go hunting with but not to be a friend. Iam really honest and i just say how i see it and i dont care were i am or who iam with most people cant handle it .And thats what seems to be missing in todays world is honesty and loyalty

northdude
    i know where your coming from a spades a spade to me another thing you learn as you get older in life is most people only want to know you if you have something they want or can use you otherwise its see ya till your of use to them again

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes1 View Post
    Its only quite recently i found out that iam what they call on the autism spectrum and dyslexia goes hand in hand with autism and part of that is being socially arkward.So you never really fit in anywhere and you pretty much go though life with no real friends at all or just no friends lots of associates .I have met some awsome people though the forum .But the real reason ihave taken people hunting was to hopefully meet a hunting mate but it turns out almost all not every one iam alright to go hunting with but not to be a friend. Iam really honest and i just say how i see it and i dont care were i am or who iam with most people cant handle it .And thats what seems to be missing in todays world is honesty and loyalty
    I can identify with what you’re saying. All the ‘mates’ I’ve had seem to be ‘mates’ cos I’ve got something to offer(usually access to hunting ). Going through a little situation like that at the moment. I’d Go to a party/gathering and everyone is talking around me or past me so I don’t do big gatherings well. People just gotta take me as I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    northdude, rewa and sometimes1 like this.

Absolutely identify with that, wont go into my lifes story here but will say people I have met/taken hunting threw the forum have a much better percentage of not being a user than in the rest of my life.
    bumblefoot and Moa Hunter like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Banned
    If you want friends, it takes time to build any relationship. Perhaps with-hold the honest appraisal till you have known someone for 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    If you want friends, it takes time to build any relationship. Perhaps with-hold the honest appraisal till you have known someone for 12 months
    Exactly. If we are aware of the effects that our behaviours have on relationships, we ought to be be aware of the positive modifications to our behaviours we ought to make. Authenticy and being hurtfully honesty are quite different concepts.

Thanks moa hunter and tahr for your insight on autism so you two have a degree in psychology have written papers and books on people with autism it’s a fantastic skill set that you have to be able to modify behaviour of autistic people I take it you will be off on a world tour to teach other people world wide to help people with autism because you guys have cracked it there is going to be so many people that can’t wait because no one else in the world really knows how to deal with artistic people
    tiroatedson, northdude and HOO like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    If we are aware of the effects that our behaviours have on relationships, we ought to be be aware of the positive modifications to our behaviours we ought to make.
    In the the past, this was known as being courteous and considerate.

Notions that are no less important than they ever were.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

As mentioned before, I’m new here and new to hunting. It wasn’t even a full day since joining and had already had offers from members to take me out.
    I really do appreciate this. I’m a city boy and didn’t grow up in a hunting family so I honestly know nothing and looking forward to learning basics.

Been good reading this thread.

Thanks moa hunter and tahr for your insight on autism so you two have a degree in psychology have written papers and books on people with autism it’s a fantastic skill set that you have to be able to modify behaviour of autistic people I take it you will be off on a world tour to teach other people world wide to help people with autism because you guys have cracked it there is going to be so many people that can’t wait because no one else in the world really knows how to deal with artistic people
    My son is on the autism spectrum. I also volunteer with youth, some of whom are in the autism spectrum. Usually they are straight up ..and down. Mostly no filter. That’s it. Once people understand the behaviour/s it starts to make sense.

There's no need to react like that but I get it. I too am on the spectrum, got diagnosed with Aspergers at 5 years old. Obviously all people on the spectrum are different but one thing I learned pretty early on in my life is that no one likes a mope.

Sure you MIGHT interpret people and the world a bit differently to most people. I do. Sure there are challenges that autistic people of all degrees face that other people don't. But the way I see it for me personally is that I am who I am and I won't let being on the spectrum stop me from achieving my goals. You shouldn't either, whatever those goals might be. But I'm well aware that that doesn't give me the right to say whatever I want whenever I want.

Bear in mind I don't know you from a bar of soap nor you me. That's just how I see things given my own experiences as the person I am.
    mikee, Moa Hunter and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hebe View Post
    There's no need to react like that but I get it. I too am on the spectrum, got diagnosed with Aspergers at 5 years old. Obviously all people on the spectrum are different but one thing I learned pretty early on in my life is that no one likes a mope.

Sure you MIGHT interpret people and the world a bit differently to most people. I do. Sure there are challenges that autistic people of all degrees face that other people don't. But the way I see it for me personally is that I am who I am and I won't let being on the spectrum stop me from achieving my goals. You shouldn't either, whatever those goals might be. But I'm well aware that that doesn't give me the right to say whatever I want whenever I want.

Bear in mind I don't know you from a bar of soap nor you me. That's just how I see things given my own experiences as the person I am.
    Interesting comment clearly you have a good family diagnosed at 5 you were lucky iam 46 now talking to a doctor last year he worked out I was on the autism spectrum my childhood was very hard and challenging to say the least I fit all the stereotypes of someone that should be in jail or a patched gang member my old life I use to associate with some very hard doers I learnt a lot about life from those men they never minced there words and sorted problems on the spot I class myself as successful have my own small business own house and a lot of freedom living with the same wonderful lady for the last 24 years so if you live and See and experience 1/10 that I have in your life time you to would have a very dark cynical outlook on life to

sneakywaza I got
    Back on your meds son, it's your job to adapt to the world, not the world to you. The world is a place full of shit people, and it aint changing anytime soon.
    Moa Hunter and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    Back on your meds son, it's your job to adapt to the world, not the world to you. The world is a place full of shit people, and it aint changing anytime soon.
    Doesn’t need meds. The world can accept ..or not. Like all things in the bell shaped curve we can all learn to muddle on

Ingrid 51 and sometimes1 like this.