Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Is there anyone out there who is still concerned about beating Covid19?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    @Tahr it will be interesting what people think in 6 months when they face huge pay cuts, redundancy and who knows what. Oh it's already happening. But yes so far great propaganda win.
    tetawa, mikee and outlander like this.

northdude
    your wasting you time with JWs

ebf
    Personally, I think that people who believe we can eradicate the virus are just as delusional as those who think that closing borders earlier or tighter would have kept it out.

NZ might be an island, but believe me we are not cut off. Some of our defence force members are still going to other countries to assist with humanitarian missions. Flights still take off and land for repatriation of both our own citizens and tourists stranded here.

Medicine, and other urgent supplies not produced here continue to enter the country. All it takes for the virus to flare up again is a single pilot or air crew member, or a prostitute to visit a cargo ship.

Look at the history of viral pandemics. Subsequent waves of infection will almost certainly happen.
    sneeze, mikee, Scouser and 5 others like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Maybe, but anecdotally there does seem to be wide support for the lock down and the Gov's approach. Regardless of the source I would say that its close to the mark
    As I said, the propaganda machine has had good success. When you are bombed constantly with Covid-19 announcements of when you can drive your car, when you leave your house, when you can do this that and the other thing and reinforced with "it will save lives" or "it will make NZ safer" and similar. Then that is what everyone believes after a while.

The amount of people who keep on saying we should lock down for another 4 weeks to save lives, and "people above businesses" and how quick they are to claim business is irrelevant to the economy is amazing. They seem to have no idea where their money comes from.

You quiz them about it, and they have no answer, no solution, dont even know why they think the way they do, they just dont know. What is clear is how brain washed they have become. They have no thoughts of their own, just know what is drilled into them.

I fully believe that figure is close to the mark as you say, and I find that sad. Because that to me shows me the percentage of people brain washed (Im not saying 80% are, just a good percentage).

There seems to be so many gullible people in NZ who believe anything, it is little wonder NZ looses millions of dollars to scammers each year. It honestly saddens me. I reinforce with my customers every other week to watch out and educate them to be wiser and more savvy on the internet, I wish more people in general were educated and savvy in life and were not just followers and so easily led.

My opinion only.

A narrow lens? Hmmm, maybe people here a just more grounded and see a bit more clearly through the bs than the average person. A little more individual and dont posses the pack mentality like sheep necessarily in general. I dont know. Just my thoughts.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Personally, I think that people who believe we can eradicate the virus are just as delusional as those who think that closing borders earlier or tighter would have kept it out..
    No I don't it's just a comment aimed at the self righteous that think we are the best in the world.

From all the information I have read it (covid 19) was out and about some time last October, places like NY were probably already in trouble by January. Who knows when the first cases made it here.

Quarantining everyone who stepped across the boarder would have helped contain the problem or limit it somewhat. But in the long term...
    mikee and outlander like this.

LBD
    These results need to be divided into two groups

Group one... all those who have had to work through the crisis or have lost their jobs with little chance of reemployment

Group two... all those who have remained at home on a good portion of their wages and have a job to return to.

It would also be good to understand what % of the above makes up the total count.
    mikee, Spoon and outlander like this.

northdude
    A poll on stuff I bet that's accurate
    veitnamcam, chainsaw and 300CALMAN like this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Their call list is probably financial supporters
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    So do you think that a majority of NZ's don't support the lock down?

Regardless of it being published on Stuff, I think that the poll is on the mark.
    JoshC, Dama dama, Scouser and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    No I don't it's just a comment aimed at the self righteous that think we are the best in the world.

From all the information I have read it (covid 19) was out and about some time last October, places like NY were probably already in trouble by January. Who knows when the first cases made it here.

Quarantining everyone who stepped across the boarder would have helped contain the problem or limit it somewhat. But in the long term...
    For sure, it was hitting the US when the democrats are trying to tear the arse out of Trump with impeaching him. He tried to close the borders, but the democrats all called him a racist for it and wouldnt support it. And continued to promote massive get togethers in the US to celebrate the Chinese New Year and such. How do you even begin to deal with people of power to disregard anything the leader of the country says.

Good lord, the guy has the hide of a buffalo to deal with the shit thrown at him.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Simply look at the ratio of business owners versus employees . It is about 520000 businesses for 2.2 million employes.
    Add on 1.2 millions retirees to the 2.2 million . That is 3.4 million people . Versus 520000. That is a ratio of 1 business owner for 6.5
    people.
    In pourcentage: that is 15% of business owners versus 85% of employees plus retirees.
    I am not sure there are many business owners enjoying having their business closed at the moment.they could be represented in blue.
    Among the retirée there are probably some ex business owners who are a bit worried about the economic situation.But maybe most would be concerned by catching the covid 19 . And they are still getting paid their little pension.(red proportion)
    And not every employees is happy to be in lock down, specially for those who are going or already lost their job, but a lot of employees are not too worried about the situation because so far they have received the govt subsidies. ( red proportion)

So the survey could really well represent the positions of the different layers of social classes.

Now imagine , if we were getting back in confinement at level 4 in 6 months time , but then the govt was saying sorry, we have to cut pensions in half and we have no more money for the subsidies for businesses nor employees during the confinement. How do you think the polls would turn out to be like?

northdude
    Well when I've been out in real life in my community talking to real people I haven't met anyone that agrees with it but youd know I guess I'm only talking to real people face to face did you take part in the survey do you know anyone that took part in it can you verify that every answer was entered correctly oh hold on its honest and transparent they said my bad
    striker likes this.

northdude
    Here's how stupid it gets when I go back to work I have to wipe the customers car down before and after touching/working on it I bet you going to say yep that's going to make nz safer but then I can go to a supermarket and pick stuff up that probably 5 other people have touched before me well thought out isnt it
    Dreamer, tetawa, mikee and 6 others like this.

Government told people a porky pie about the virus. Stay at home for two weeks, blah blah, flatten the curve, eradicate it and then it's all done.

And it's not, it's a virus, it's never realistically going away. If it doesn't mutate much it will stand a chance of dying out some through herd immunity. If it mutates more quickly it will likely weaken with time, in fact one mutation found in India already isn't any worse than the regular cold.

Now I know government is trying to keep the hype up but the data from NYC and Italy shows for the average younger healthy person your chances of dying from it are about zero. A New York City study of 5700 people just published yesterday is revealing.
    outlander and sometimes1 like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I have no doubt that the stuff poll will closely represent the feelings of people across the nation with accuracy but I am very firmly in the dark blue (strongly disapprove) group at the top. We should have done a lot more and a lot sooner. The ineptitude with which this countries government has handled the situation has cost sixteen New Zealanders their lives and that lays squarely at their feet. There are now five things in the last year that I am furious with the CoL government about and will remain unforgiving over for the remainder of my days.
    1. Their feigned empathy for political purposes with the Muslim community over the Mosque killings.
    2. Their total abrogation of due democratic process and the enforced removal of privately owned property from a large section of the community.
    3. Their continued spreading of mass hysteria causing the nationwide cancelling of the 2019 acknowledgement and commemoration of the services of our veterans and our war dead.
    4. Their late and weak response to Covid 19.
    5. Their repeated disrespecting of the services of our veterans and our war dead through the nationwide cancellation of the 2020 ANZAC services.

And don’t get me started on the long list of over promising and under delivering and the blatant vote buying sucking up to vocal minorities. I have never been one to accept mediocrity and if there was a way to immediately unsubscribe to being governed by this inept lot then I would have hit that button twelve months ago.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms