Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Wairarapa hunting buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Std size one. 1-7/8" IIRC
    Yap.. thats the one currently fixed on my car. Have the 50mm one as well as spare.

Well LifeLust looks like you started something here, lotsa potential buddies. I like the idea of a get together trip soon. Maybe you should earmark a weekend that suits you and we come along if we can. Haurangi sounds good to me. TonyR

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    January earliest for me

Well i have never really been on a "group" hunt before but I'm keen to give it a go and meet you all. January would probably be the soonest i could get out for a weekend trip however in the meantime if anyone wants to come out with me on my normal days off wed-fri for a morning or afternoon hunt please PM me. I am off to the Ruahines with the Mrs for her first ever hunt come sunday and will be there till wed the 6th so any week following that ill be free as a bird.

I love the idea of a trip to the Haurangi's and can provide a quad (with a sexy new gun rack) and room for a passenger so shall we aim for a weekend mid-late Jan after everyone has had a chance to clear their Xmas belly's?

Jan 17th, 18th, 19th??

Please share your thoughts and well set something in stone.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Dates sound ok to me but always questionable with my roster.
    I expect to be back in the country then

Would prob be advisable to plan around 3 bikes with 1 as a backup as cant rely 100% on mine till closer and would be shithouse to bugger the trip up if it/I wants not there.
    It's got a big seat designed for yank arses lol

Can all stay at hut and head to different spots or head up the back and camp

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Dates sound ok to me but always questionable with my roster.
    I expect to be back in the country then

Would prob be advisable to plan around 3 bikes with 1 as a backup as cant rely 100% on mine till closer and would be shithouse to bugger the trip up if it/I wants not there.
    It's got a big seat designed for yank arses lol

Can all stay at hut and head to different spots or head up the back and camp
    Sounds great. Feeling excited hearing about it. I will need a ride on someones quad as I dont have one so for that I will chunk up the fuel tank to cover up..

17th 18th & 19th is good dates..

I cant make the trip in January but silent scope and I went in there a couple of weeks ago on a scouting mission. Saw a few deer. Just an idea, if you have bikes then Waikuku lodge might be a good base. Sutherlands hut is a bit further in and also a good base but might be pretty occupied at that time. Plenty of places to camp. Hope it gets off the ground for you all and good luck.Tony

Quote Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
    G'day, silent scope and initiaz. Wouldn't mind tagging along if you sort something out. Done most of my hunting on a private block but that has gone now so time to check out a few spots I've had in mind. Be good to catch up with you SS. TonyR
    I know of a place that holds good goat numbers.. planning for saturday hunt.. PM me if any boys wana join as I usually have to go alone..

Hey guys.

I live in Te Marua and new to the area. Im keen to hunt most weekends or even and afternoon stroll during the week.
    I also have a decent quad.

Jan 17th, 18th, 19th??

Please share your thoughts and well set something in stone.[/QUOTE]

got a wedding that weekend, can do the weekend after that though

OK how does everyone feel about 24th, 25th, 26th? maybe we book the Waikuku lodge for the first night and get introduced/sort our plans and head to Sutherlands for the next 2 nights or maybe camp out depending on numbers/other hunters. Just checked and looks alike Waikuku lodge is $110 a night sole occupancy so if this sound good get back asap and well make a booking.

that sounds good to me.

ya sounds good..

a good easy hunt is up corner creek, at ocean beach southern rimutakas, good doc campsite 200mtrs past corner creek, or up corner creek10mins true left theres an old bivvy up on the terrace.

yep it is good, it seems to get alot of traffic these days.