Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree411Likes

Thread: Would you leave?? what would you do if this happens to you?

Quote Originally Posted by jakdanby View Post
    Hi Mike,

As discussed see below for the progression of events on the morning of the 8th March-with my good friend Shane Hardy (0223450559)
    My issue regarding firearms safety is the reason for my communication and should be isolated, however I will let you know the events that were endured that morning.

We had arrived at our campsite at about 6pm Friday evening, one of the numerous access points to the native bush and places to camp along the 45minute 4wd trip. We had enough time for a quick hunt before a feed and off to bed at 10pm. At 1am in the morning a ute arrived turned off their engine make some remarks to each other (3 of them) before starting to unload their camping and hunting gear within 5m of our campsite and our parked ute. I let them know in no uncertain terms they were not to camp right beside them, and told them there are a heap of campsites and hunting areas in the valley, some 5 minutes 4wd away. One of the three hunters was obviously the main man in the party, while his mates stayed in the background while the other (Kyle Mitchell) made it clear that he wasnt moving and it was where he hunts and if he didnt like it we could piss off. I made it very clear that we were here first and it was tough luck, he needed to go somewhere else as we were hunting in the native behind camp. After kicking some of our campside rubbish out of the way they set up camp right beside us. You can imagine we were quite upset by these guys actions after rudely been woken, headlights shinning everywhere, loose dogs, no politeness whatsoever and remarks from Kyle very offputting at 1am in the morning. Kyle made it clear he could camp where he wanted and emphasised if we did not like it we could piss off. I guess its lucky it didnt come to blows at this stage, shocked with what just happened. We still hadnt had any introductions and not one bit of politeness our common curtosity shown. They could have easily camped further away but they obviously liked a couple of the manuka stems to put up their fly.
    After they had finished setting up camp they had a word to each other and Kyle came up and appoligised for his behavoir mentioned the long drive they had from Wellington and the fact their were other hunters in "their" spot, Kyle said we would sort out where we were hunting in the morning. I know a fact that this bloke Kyle Mitchell only started hunting the area in November last year, We had hunted it for close to 10 years. I guess this dosent matter how long you have hunted the spot, its DOC land and anyone is welcome to hunt it, However the unwritten and well abided by a majority of hunters is if you are first their you can choose where you want to hunt, and common respect for each other and in such a vast area a little privacy and room for comfort regarding camping-considering you are in a DOC area of about about 2kmx5km!. Fuming it took a few hours to comprehend what we had just experienced and eventually get back to sleep to be rudely awoken at an early hour.

Come 530am, a long time before light Kyle and his mates were up and making noise, camped right beside us we were easily woken with the noise and headlights shinning and loose dogs at an unnessesary hour considering the bush was not light until close to seven. Over the next half hour I had to deal with a very close call regarding a dog fight, these guys dogs were not tied up and one had a go at my tied up dog and guys yelling at their dogs, bloody brilliant when you could hear some deer just behind camp the night before! Eventually Kyle came over, still had not indroduced himself and asked where we were going to hunt in a rude and abrupt manner. Precisely I showed him our route, only a small loop, about 800m long, up one side and down the other side of the ridge. In a big DOC area a small fraction of the DOC park Politely I pointed out some good hunting areas for Kyle and his mates and pointed out that we would be moving camp after our morning hunt. We were so put out from the previous events and knowingly after last nights proceedings these guys were not going to give us an inch of respect and privacy that we didnt want anything to do with these guys, they had already ruined out weekend. I said they could have the area adjacent to our campsite after we had hunted it in the morning. Kyle pointed out where his friends were going to hunt and himself pointed out an area, a ridge system further down the range only accessible by walking further down a 4wd track in the tussock and cutting into the native. He also made it clear to us to be careful in the bush. This remark now makes alot of sense as we were soon to find out Kyles actions. Kyles mates left at a reasonable time to reach their hunting area, about the same time kyle should have left to get to his area. After being up at 530am Kyle sat under his fly while we got ready, very stange considering how long ago he was up. Shane and I procrastinated for about another 30minutes waiting for Kyle to leave which he didnt he just sat there in earshot under his fly. Shane and I know exactly what he was up to, he was waiting for us to leave for our hunt before sneaking into the same area we were to hunt later in the morning, this was very obvious. ( I had seen a couple of his videos previously on the internet, I easily identified this area- obvious to us now he didnt want another hunter in 'his' area before him) We cut into our area before climbing the ridge 80meters before sitting down and listening down in the bush below and where Kyle had his truck parked. 25mins later we heard the boot very quietly close and Kyle sneak on the noisey undergrowth onto the left side of the ridge, we had made very clear to him we were going to hunt that morning. By the time we cut back down we couldnt find him, I would say very lucky for him.

After our hunt, we were both still fuming and thought we better move off early to simmer off and to avoid confrontation. At this stage I wrote a note for Kyle on the dust on his windscreens, "if you ever pull any of that shit again on us you will get your head kicked in". Obviously I regret writing that on their ute window but, as you can imagine after the events we had encountered we were absolutely fuming by this stage and now it wasnt someone being inpolite, arrogant, disrespectful, dishonest, slimy it was someone who could handle someone hunting an area they also hunt and took huge safety risks. I believe someone like this should in no way be in possesion of a firearm considering this risk and lack of safety this guy possesses.
    I take my safety in the bush seriously, I know people who have been shot and have had near misses in the past by other hunters. This totally avoidable situation sends the shivers down my spine and absolutely disgusts me.

Following the weekends events I contacted a couple of people in the hunting industry to find out some information about the guy, Kyle Mitchell, no one said anything pleasant about this guys character which I find alarming yet so believable.

Something must be done about this guy, he should be weary of doing this to some people with less restraint than Shane and myself. Saying this I doubt we will be so tollerant if he turns up after we have arrived on a future hunt, no doubt sometime in April. We have been unfortunate enough to have people camped at this spot in April of years gone by, tough luck for us, we move on to hunt somewhere else. Its the way it goes no matter who is camped at the spot.

Hopefully you can help me out with my alarming issues and actions from a firearms licence holder.

Cheers
    Julian Danby
    Well, Fuk me!!! Some of the shit you said was true but you left a lot out, funny that!!. We drove up at 1am of cause your gonna see lights!. Cant be helped making some noise. It doesn't matter if you have hunting there 20 years, It's not your spot!, it's doc land, I camped were I normally camp, plus I did use the same manuka branches. Who doesn't let their dogs out after 6 hours of travel! I didn't even know you had a dog!, And like you said I'm new to the area and this is where I found a descent camping spot close to the hunting area I wanted to hunt. When we got up that morning at 5:30 I told you I was going to, Also you tried to cover up your face with your camo scarf so I couldn't see you, Dodgy when you're speaking to someone, and no it wasn't cold either!. I got up and left with my mate and dog, my other mate stayed behind with his dog , NOT ME dick head!!!! I went down the track AND I TOLD YOU WHERE I WAS GOING AND I DID JUST THAT, I can even send you my gps tracks of where I went!! I didn't stoop around and wait for you to go, and follow you or what ever the shit you said!, I'm not a psycho either!. You didn't introduce YOURSELF EITHER!! covering up you're facing and hiding away from me. I don't intro myself to everyone I meet and I bet lots of guys don't either. I figured you would have read my shirt with my name on it so I didn't bother, plus you were a rude bastard!. I have my name on my shirt for my youtube channel thats all.
    You didn't mention marking my truck with your knife either you FUK!! and I know it was you!!!!
    Who gave you the dame right to order people around at 1 in the morning!!!! You had an attitude before I even got out of my truck.

I could go on about this but it's got way out of hand.
    This was meant to be a thread of "Discussion" not pointing the finger to individuals and putting people down and discrediting them!. There are 2 sides to every story.
    For you that enjoy my videos, I thank you. I'm not a wanker as he's making out, sure I cant please every one thats life.
    I have been in the same suituation driving up to a camp and getting on with who ever has been there, just that this dick head "spat his dummy"

If anyone want to pm feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by kingstoncowboy View Post
    Well, Fuk me!!! Some of the shit you said was true but you left a lot out, funny that!!. We drove up at 1am of cause your gonna see lights!. Cant be helped making some noise. It doesn't matter if you have hunting there 20 years, It's not your spot!, it's doc land, I camped were I normally camp, plus I did use the same manuka branches. Who doesn't let their dogs out after 6 hours of travel! I didn't even know you had a dog!, And like you said I'm new to the area and this is where I found a descent camping spot close to the hunting area I wanted to hunt. When we got up that morning at 5:30 I told you I was going to, Also you tried to cover up your face with your camo scarf so I couldn't see you, Dodgy when you're speaking to someone, and no it wasn't cold either!. I got up and left with my mate and dog, my other mate stayed behind with his dog , NOT ME dick head!!!! I went down the track AND I TOLD YOU WHERE I WAS GOING AND I DID JUST THAT, I can even send you my gps tracks of where I went!! I didn't stoop around and wait for you to go, and follow you or what ever the shit you said!, I'm not a psycho either!. You didn't introduce YOURSELF EITHER!! covering up you're facing and hiding away from me. I don't intro myself to everyone I meet and I bet lots of guys don't either. I figured you would have read my shirt with my name on it so I didn't bother, plus you were a rude bastard!. I have my name on my shirt for my youtube channel thats all.
    You didn't mention marking my truck with your knife either you FUK!! and I know it was you!!!!
    Who gave you the dame right to order people around at 1 in the morning!!!! You had an attitude before I even got out of my truck.

I could go on about this but it's got way out of hand.
    This was meant to be a thread of "Discussion" not pointing the finger to individuals and putting people down and discrediting them!. There are 2 sides to every story.
    For you that enjoy my videos, I thank you. I'm not a wanker as he's making out, sure I cant please every one thats life.
    I have been in the same suituation driving up to a camp and getting on with who ever has been there, just that this dick head "spat his dummy"

If anyone want to pm feel free.
    He is not the only one that thinks you are a wanker...I think you are as well.
    Any chance of telling us where this great area you hunt in is...just so we can all avoid it...way too many wankers there already.
    oneipete likes this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Name:  RollUpRollUp.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  28.7 KB
    Gibo and Hunt4life like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Is that the pop corn tent?
    Hunt4life likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    Is that the pop corn tent?
    Circus big top!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Circus big top!
    Big tent for only two clowns

ebf
    Can I have a seconder for a motion to deport both these wankers to the Chatham Islands ? They can each take one handbag, and we will send a search party out to look for survivors in about 5 years

Jeez guys, the silly season is upon us, be safe out there ! They walk amongst us
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Ca
    Jeez guys, the silly season is upon us, be safe out there ! They walk amongst us
    Too fucking right, be careful.

Can I have a seconder for a motion to deport both these wankers to the Chatham Islands ? They can each take one handbag, and we will send a search party out to look for survivors in about 5 years

What have the people of the Chatham's done to deserve this two being dumped on them...Auckland Is. would be better...and they are not in Ponsonby.
    oneipete likes this.

I would like to see a copy of this thread put on both their FAL file for when they come up for renewal...explain it away then.
    oneipete likes this.

Nonu might have to give the "handbag" to someone else....

Damm it , I leave the room for 5 minutes and look at the mess you guys make.

The thread has 132 likes at the moment. It cant be all bad.
    Last edited by headcase; 12-03-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    NRT likes this.

@BRADS .

Your argument isn't looking to sound now is it!
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    @BRADS .

Your argument isn't looking to sound now is it!
    Depends where they were born but looking bad for the NI hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    He is not the only one that thinks you are a wanker...I think you are as well.
    Any chance of telling us where this great area you hunt in is...just so we can all avoid it...way too many wankers there already.
    Go Fuk yourself!
    Spanners likes this.