Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Your best Rifle EVER?

Quote Originally Posted by K95 View Post
    My K95 6.5x55. Still got a few turn-bolts but haven't even fired another rifle for the last two years. Short, simple, enough punch to take anything at short ranges.

That is gorgeous. A lovely piece of timber and a classic style. I love the single shooters.
    viktor.akerlund. likes this.

Got a few rifles,owned more than a few but my all time Fav would be the Browning .22 takedown I got in "78 as my 5th birthday present from my granddad. It was his mantelpiece display rifle and he had never fired it from when he won it in some comp years before brand new .
    Only rifle I had till I was 16 and knew to within a sparrows fart where the bullet would go on any of the sight settings. It was like an extension of my arm.Woe betide the bunny,possum or goat that crossed my path .Have not a clue what it grouped like,didnt even know what grouping was back then,but it was a rare creature that escaped the pot.
    A packet of ammo a week from the time I bought it wasn't enough,so I got a milkrun job at 7 to pay for the ammo.Hate to think how much ammo I put through it over the years.Prolly why im half deaf now.

Lent it to a "mate" and the stupid sod lost it overboard from his tinny . I took a week off work and scoured the riverbed diving endlessly. Gone for good.Like my so called mate,i know which of the two i'd rather have back.

Man, still pissed thinking about it...

My Next fav is the one I originally bought as it had the same name as my chainsaw. A Husqvarna mod 1600 in 9.3x62. Im not too fussed what that groups like either, but like with the browning,its a rare bunny that crawls away after that goes bang.
    kiwijames and rockland like this.
    Guy Fawks the only man to enter parliament with the interests of the people in mind

res
    No4T that I learnt to shoot kangaroos etc with as a kid in oz when visiting my uncle. Very beat up from living in a tractor for 50 years and hardly cared for. Got the correct scope for a couple of years back as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

What ever ones in my hand after a successful shot
    7mmsaum likes this.
    Went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.