Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 45/70 SUBS

So is the bergara single shot takedown with 20in barrel the best option for subs and full power if using the hornady sub-x 420gr and lever evolution ftx325 gr factory rounds?
    I believe the twist rate is 1:20...
    Will this be suitable for reasonable stability and accuracy?
    born to hunt - forced to work

So is the bergara single shot takedown with 20in barrel the best option for subs and full power if using the hornady sub-x 420gr and lever evolution ftx325 gr factory rounds?
    I believe the twist rate is 1:20...
    Will this be suitable for reasonable stability and accuracy?
    That is the same as the SBL twist rate but only put a few rounds of subs through it and that was more of a noise experiment and haven't tested for accuracy as such.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Quote Originally Posted by Ftx325 View Post
    So how long before you can see what you've shot at through the cloud of smoke @Micky Duck? Or is it not that bad....
    Friend took his muzzle loader for a goat hunt with me... found one lined up and took the shot...fuck knows if he hit it... couldn't see a thing for ages through the bloody great cloud. The goat wasn't there when it finally cleared but no way to see even which direction it went in. There was a few bleats but I reckon it was just laughing at us...
    Boooom!!! Smack, quick step to upwind side. Maybe the goat was just a couple of bits of fluff you missed in the smoke cloud.