Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree257Likes

Thread: 6.5 Creedmoor? whats everyones thoughts? on hunting performance

Quote Originally Posted by zeropak View Post
    Jeez mate I take my hat off to you. These days I would struggle to even see the open sights. Next your going to tell me you still have one of those phones hanging on the wall with the little dial thing on the front you poke your finger into for the numbers.
    no but funny enough after getting talked into sparks new wireless and discovering how fucken unreliably and useless it is give me the old land line every day - open sights well the good ones have leafs that stand up and are graduated into ranges so first leaf 100 then 200-300 -400-500 that and a good blade front sight - precision - small bore and full bore are still iron sights even if the back sight is a target aperture and the front a tunnel - but no scopes and thats out to 1000 yards for full bore - some things stand the test of time

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    For the record 270 is gay
    well the old Forest Service supplied its hunters with .222 .308 and .270 those old boys will have studied what was suitable and made their decision based on that

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    For the record 270 is gay
    but purple is the new black dont you know LMFAO
    75/15/10 black powder matters

For the OP @Mroach check this thread out: https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/...279152/page-14 then go forth and slay them.

The beauty of this thread is that I shows the kind of dude I don’t want to be; set in my ways and unwilling to accept that there may just be another way other than ‘my way’.
    Bullets matter more than stupid headstamps on cases. There’s no fly’s on a 140 ELD-M or 143 ELD-X from whatever case you want. I’ve had 6.5 Swede, 260, and now Creedmoor. Basically all the same, and will do what you ask of them.
    199p, JoelA, TimC and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    I will add this for the 6.5 crudmore lovers - old Barry would go into the hills with a Holland and Holland 7x57 open sights - mauser action - old craftmanship - subtly engraving maybe even my name on it - hand checkered - and be happy as a little sand boy - and you lot can use ya bloody tikkas in 6.5 crudmore
    I hope you still ride a horse to get your groceries? Because them new fangled auto-mobiles just won’t catch on…..

ha ha ha If I had somewhere to keep a horse yes I would - rode one every fine day in my young days as a shepherd - love them to this day - dont get me wrong not totally against 6.5 crud more its just that they are not what they were advertised as or sold as - there are better - and plastic firearms no
    Micky Duck likes this.

your middle line says it all...... and come on we have to have ONE cartridge to take the piss out off..the EBRG is out of favour so we poohseventy users have to have someone to poke the borax at...
    post #19 is great...because it goes both ways..one must be just about as good as the other..both ways.. nothing in it

All my mates use something 6.5 they are deadly killers far past 300 yards more so if you reload for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    superdiver, 25/08 IMP and TimC like this.

No doubt the 270 was marketed as the greatest deer killing implement ever devised, when it was released. And to be fair back then it would have had a lot less competition.

If you can't spot marketing BS in 2023 then that's on you.
    300CALMAN and Micky Duck like this.
    Resident 6.5 Grendel aficionado.

I know a few (quite a few) people in the guiding industry.
    There's an understanding that when guiding bowhunters the guide carries a rifle. A few are considering adding creedmore hunts to that understanding due to the percentage of cockups.
    Probably not the calibers fault. But it seems like a percentage of creedmore owners are in the "all the gear but no idea category."
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Overkill is still dead.

All calibers will kill if pointed in the right direction.

Now back to watching real house wives of Oamaru
    When hunting think safety first

I see stories about the 6.5x55 killing moose in Sweden a lot, is that because its their version of the 303? They sold a ton of Husqvarna 1600 in 30-06 too in Sweden.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Pack out heavy

Lest We Forget
    Don't mind if I chime in here.. I use a Barrett 50CAL for big reds and elephants so you're all beneath me Mwahaha.. Jokes!

I have a 6.5 PRC using Berger 156g projectiles for hunting and love it. Will be building a custom 7mm PRC for targets very soon!
    TimC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth_Gorilla View Post
    Don't mind if I chime in here.. I use a Barrett 50CAL for big reds and elephants so you're all beneath me Mwahaha.. Jokes!

I have a 6.5 PRC using Berger 156g projectiles for hunting and love it. Will be building a custom 7mm PRC for targets very soon!
    but you still got to hit them in the vital bit to get a clean kill LOL.....

Lest We Forget
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    but you still got to hit them in the vital bit to get a clean kill LOL.....
    Actually a 50CAL will kill a deer without hitting it at all, as long as its path is close enough to the deers head the vacuum will suck its eyes out and kill it instantly...
    Micky Duck and RV1 like this.