Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: Access to AR s are about to change

Blame rambo.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Blame it on the moonlight ...
    Good times ...

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

my granddad (RAF shooting coach) retired said he would rather 5 slower but well placed rounds form a bolt action rifle than quick shots 30 from a semi or full auto says that the 5 shots from the bolt Acton are more effective and there for there is no need for autos and defiantly not for civilian use in some ways I agree but in other ways I very much disagree but I think there is some merit in his argument as I think a lot (not all) of people that hunt with semis get that "if I miss ill just shoot again" mentality

be intresting to hear what people think about this Honestly...... not trying to wind people up I don't do that

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Blame rambo.
    I blame Charlton Heston
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Blame rambo.
    sorry thorght this was a new thread I was at the top of the page or close to it when I replyed for the 1st time if it wasn't I am sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    my granddad (RAF shooting coach) retired said he would rather 5 slower but well placed rounds form a bolt action rifle than quick shots 30 from a semi or full auto says that the 5 shots from the bolt Acton are more effective and there for there is no need for autos and defiantly not for civilian use in some ways I agree but in other ways I very much disagree but I think there is some merit in his argument as I think a lot (not all) of people that hunt with semis get that "if I miss ill just shoot again" mentality
    be intresting to hear what people think about this Honestly...... not trying to wind people up I don't do that
    Sorry rambo, but that is complete bullsh*t.
    Toby, Banana and grunzter like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

You mean with a bolt action if you miss a deer, it doesn't cross your mind to load up and have another go?

It all boils down to the nut behind the butt.

I don't wanna start a shit fight( or do I? ) but it seems to be the "older" people that never have much good to say about a semi. Never heard a good word about semis from my dad or granddads. A .303 is all you need blah blah
    scaggly, Spoon and Willus like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

res
    I personally find the ability to put a much faster second round into a critter a very big plus ethically if it's needed to reduce suffering.
    Just because you have a semi does not automatically (pun intended) = spraying rounds.
    gadgetman, scaggly and grunzter like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post

I don't wanna start a shit fight( or do I? ) but it seems to be the "older" people that never have much good to say about a semi. Never heard a good word about semis from my dad or granddads. A .303 is all you need blah blah
    I reckon you're onto something, Toby.

I reckon that the invention of the bolt action was probably looked down on disapprovingly by the oldies with their muskets, too...
    veitnamcam, Toby and Banana like this.

People who shot muskets and Martini's probably said the same kind of shit about Mausers and Lee Enfields.
    veitnamcam, Ryan and Willus like this.

Thanks Toby, I like semis so I can't be in the "older" bracket.
    scaggly likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Ebf.

Why in your opinion, do semi automatic firearms require more stringent control?
    veitnamcam and ebf like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hanse View Post
    I think you will find the laws are often as I state, ill thought out, knee jerk reactions. The criminals in all those countries still retain their guns, it is merely the law abiding who have their rights curtailed. The loonies will still have their Dunblanes. Just because somewhere has a law doesn't mean we should copy it in my opinion.
    With you on that. The majority of the problems have been with people who should not have had access to any firearms. Mostly the police had been tipped off well before hand and chosen to not act; as in the case of David Gray (SP?) and Hans Moulier (SP?).
    veitnamcam, mikee and scaggly like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

You mean with a bolt action if you miss a deer, it doesn't cross your mind to load up and have another go?

It all boils down to the nut behind the butt.

Who's butt ya behind? And stop picking on us older gentlemen or we'll turn viral on ya. I sooner be in front of @Happy with his really nice AR than in front of @Blaser with that fucken BLASER at 350 metres. Personally I love a bolt action, but Happy nearly bent me when I had a few rounds out of his AR I could get into it there's nothing wrong with whatever burns ya! Just stay together!
    Blaser, Toby and Happy like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I'd be more worried for the guy behind the blaser All this talk about bolts and plastic washers
    veitnamcam, gadgetman and ebf like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA