Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By timattalon

Thread: any opinions on winchester wildcat 22lr?

any opinions on winchester wildcat 22lr?

I'm considering another semi auto 22 for farm work. Winchester wildcat sound good, and the one I held in guncity a few months back felt light and handy. I also like the aperture sights for farm work, and that they fit 10/22 mags. Anyone had any experience with these?

I do not have any experience with the semi auto wildcat, but they also used the Winchestor wildcat branding on a bolt action a couple years back, and it was a rebranded Toz 78-10 which is actually a pretty good gun. It looked like Winchestor was charging $100 extra for the branding work and they did not even bother to take the Toz branding off, they just put the winchestor branding on the other side.....

I did have a quick peek at the semi in GC. It did not look too bad, but I am not a huge fan of semi auto 22s. Nothing against them (before the haters start) it is just they dont really fit with my style of shooting.
    Ben Waimata likes this.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

I understand they are a Toz, probably make a good workhorse , YouTube has opinions and reviews on them.

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    I understand they are a Toz, probably make a good workhorse , YouTube has opinions and reviews on them.
    I think the semi is a winchester in house rifle designed from scratch. But it shares the name with the B/A wildcat which is a Toz.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......