Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Counterfeit Leupolds

Yep, I've been lucky too and don't normally check peoples Trademe feedback before I bid. Everyone I've dealt with on here has been great.
    dannyb likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Square22 View Post
    I don't know, but Midway were using the same photo when they were selling them for $249 US.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...ny-style-mount
    veitnamcam and Square22 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    I don't know, but Midway were using the same photo when they were selling them for $249 US.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...ny-style-mount
    Does midway ship to nz like brownells?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Square22 View Post
    Does midway ship to nz like brownells?
    Why don't you go to their website and see?
    Steve123 likes this.

I bought a fake Leupold 1.5-5x20 last year. The key differences were taller than normal turrets, adjustment knobs were in 1/2moa, (should have been 1/4moa), adjustment knob writing was white not gold, reticle was different to anything on the Leupold website, little gold logo on the side of turret was crooked and the scope was being sold as a brand new vx-111 which is of course an older model.

Selling counterfeit goods is a breach of TM rules so went back to the seller asking for a refund. The seller did not reply to my emails so contacted TradeMe who told me to go to the small claims court. I was reluctant as this would waste more time and more money (it costs $50 odd to lodge a claim) but thought I should follow through to stop this trader. Went to the hearing and the seller was meant to call in on the phone but did not front. Got a clear ruling in my favour, -the adjudicator was more than happy that it breached TM’s terms of trade. I was not expecting the seller to pay up but thought that at least it would give TM grounds to ban him. Was very suprised when the seller contacted me and paid the refund! I might have been lucky but suspect that most semi honest people don’t like to clash swords with the justice system. good luck with your dispute. Ross

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by rossm-96 View Post
    I bought a fake Leupold 1.5-5x20 last year. The key differences were taller than normal turrets, adjustment knobs were in 1/2moa, (should have been 1/4moa), adjustment knob writing was white not gold, reticle was different to anything on the Leupold website, little gold logo on the side of turret was crooked and the scope was being sold as a brand new vx-111 which is of course an older model.

Selling counterfeit goods is a breach of TM rules so went back to the seller asking for a refund. The seller did not reply to my emails so contacted TradeMe who told me to go to the small claims court. I was reluctant as this would waste more time and more money (it costs $50 odd to lodge a claim) but thought I should follow through to stop this trader. Went to the hearing and the seller was meant to call in on the phone but did not front. Got a clear ruling in my favour, -the adjudicator was more than happy that it breached TM’s terms of trade. I was not expecting the seller to pay up but thought that at least it would give TM grounds to ban him. Was very suprised when the seller contacted me and paid the refund! I might have been lucky but suspect that most semi honest people don’t like to clash swords with the justice system. good luck with your dispute. Ross
    You nearly got caught with a fake Zeiss too Ross....cheap TM start price should always be treated with suspicion.

Yes, thought I learned my lesson the first time. Thx

Pending confirmation of deposit from the bank, it looks like the seller might have refunded the purchase price.
    Anyone selling a GENUINE VX3 or VX3I in 4x14x40 CDS?
    Cheers
    Dave
    stug and bigbear like this.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

There's something up with this one too, doesn't look right to me...

https://touch.trademe.co.nz/listing/view/1710935941
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    There's something up with this one too, doesn't look right to me...

https://touch.trademe.co.nz/listing/view/1710935941
    The turret caps look too high & how do you take it out of the box without removing the plastic...obviously not sitting on its original box...

Ask the lister for the serial number to verify authenticity

Refund confirmed,
    A good result considering, But I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up back on TM sometime soon so watch out.
    Cheers Dave
    Tommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    The turret caps look too high & how do you take it out of the box without removing the plastic...obviously not sitting on its original box...
    Its easy to take it out. You cut the end off the plastic (or around the bottom) and when finished you slide it back into the plastic, That or you have one open and a display one for the pictures which is easier and what I suspect you were suggesting. I dont do much personally, with leupold so I cannot say one way or the other whether it is fake or not.