Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bill999

Thread: Does this need cleaning more often.

Does this need cleaning more often.

Getting stuff sorted for a trip away after a range session yesterday I broke the supressor down for a clean. It's a dpt muzzle forward 223 non magnum jobber with a ss first and then three plus cap baffle stack.
    I always remove it and keep it on top of the hot water cylinder with the expansion chamber off and a squirt of crc up it to get rid of ammonia and water but rarely clean the interior of each baffle.
    I was a bit suprised at the amount of carbon buildup in the second and third baffles with virtually nothing on the fourth and top but what suprised me most was the degree of erosion on the stainless one. Some of the pits initally looked like baffle strike but thankfully they're not.
    I'm going to chip most of the carbon out of 2 and 3 and not worry about the rest but I thought I'd show you the insides for reference purposes.
    It had briefly served time on a semi hence the stainless one and has had probably 2000 rounds of belmont through it since then. Still works as per the label but the thread is getting a bit worn on the first 2 or 3 turns so that might get replaced at some stage.
    I thought I'd post these pics for comparitive and educational purposes.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

theres a whole how to look after your supp on the DPT website

the carbon will only make it quieter
    gunworks use to tell the commercial operators to bring it in at 10k rounds and they will clean it
    we are suppose to clean them by all rites after every shoot with a dpt but I tend to use only one to two rounds frequently so dont bother

you must go thru some boolets to get that sort of build up, mine mainly look sandblasted but that could just be my short barrel 243 keeping it clean
    Moa Hunter likes this.