Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Educate me on bushpigs

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Flour to roll the bush pig in to find the wet spot

Riding mopeds is like rooting Bush pigs...... Fun till your mates catch you doing it
    @Flyblown the bookmark is so you can find the spot again later without the flour.
    Last edited by csmiffy; 16-11-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Yeah well my world is a little more precise ... for example a bullock is a neutered bull... it was a deliberate alteration of the term bollocks, the irony of using something lacking bollocks to indicate the same meaning intended because they sound similar may be obscure, but its funny and I do that sometimes. Unlike you're own good self I find myself less amusing than I find silly wee things like bullocks without bollocks. I guess that bullocks don't give a bollocks about not having any.

If "bullocks" are the standard for being belligerent, then the sensitive wee girl thing might just be closer than you want to acknowledge.

I must apologise for appearing to care less than zero on the basis of the length of my reply..
    Precision can be good, I strive for it in a few select areas, in others i find it cumbersome with a poor return for input and obviously precision doesn't always translate into accuracy.
    Yes i agree, that is an obscure use of bullocks, not to my taste but humor is a personal thing. I think Ill stay with my definition if that's ok, it fits better my with less precise more agricultural world.
    With the U being one tile away from the o and right next to the L a typo was an obvious conclusion to draw so I wont be to harsh on myself for not catching on. Have you been using the term for long?
    I had a workmate some years ago that in his spare time was pulling logs from a delicate area with a team of bullocks. I never thought to ask if he knew how his bullocks felt about having no bollocks.

Of course its not the single word bullocks that indicated a belligerent reply, while it does set the tone to some degree its is the reply in total. I admit it could be more to the lighter end of scale so maybe somewhat belligerent would be closer to the mark.
    I didn't really pay any attention to your first reference of the little girl thing but a second mention is interesting. My first thought was that is was a simple insult but tonight as I take on board your earlier critique of my comprehension ( you are inspiring me here ) and apply a little more than my my usual " jump on the obvious' Im thinking maybe not . I haven't heard it used as an insult since way back in maybe the forth form, its ineffectual in today's world and i think its far to juvenile for someone of your precision so I'm at a bit of a loss. I have a few other thoughts ticking over, none of which I'm comfortable with though . I mean it does look little creepy really, fantasizing that I'm a little girl. I know a person can do whatever they like in front of their keyboard in the privacy of their own bedroom but Id rather not be the motivation. But you might be able to help me out here, if you could reach into your bag of obtuse tricks and pullout another "bullocks" like definition that fits for the little girl thing then this seriously disturbing image I now have in my head might fade away.

Please don't apologize , I'm sure your quota for apologies is quite limited an Id hate to see you waste something so valuable on something so trivial.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    @sneeze @Sidney I think you two could have quite a successful future together doing this stuff, it makes for bloody entertaining reading ;-)
    Seriously? your reading this gibberish? are you a masochist?
    GWH and rewa like this.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Seriously? your reading this gibberish? are you a masochist?
    Agreed, it's a total load of crap, but somewhat amusing crap

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bushpigs - commercial name from nzhunter to make money

In the real world, a rifle shortened and suppressed, barrel shortened so with a suppressor fitted ends about the same length as standard and not a pain in the arse in the bush.
    Bushpigs generally have 16in barrels or there abouts, still plenty of performance with the right projectile and shooter for 450 - 500m
    Micky Duck - long time bush big hater and generally writes a novel on the subject about his hatred for them.
    In the real world what's not to like about a 16in lightweight suppressed 308 pushing 178gr eldm @ 2420fps holding 1027ftlb @ 575yards? That should literally cover all general hunting conditions if you work on the fact 9 times out of 10 you can get to 500y or under before having to take the shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GWH, mikee, BRADS and 4 others like this.
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

308 is the only decent cal for one and as smiddy says forget chasing fps and go heavy you want it to be able to romp through bushes, twigs and foliage if need be without shredding itself on a flower.
    And yes Im a silly old cunt
    john m and sometimes1 like this.

Banned
    Hey Sidney, in a bit tired of the personal insults you hurl at others that arise from your conceit and contempt.

Just play nice please, we'll all be better off.
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevodog View Post
    Hey Sidney, in a bit tired of the personal insults you hurl at others that arise from your conceit and contempt.

Just play nice please, we'll all be better off.
    Oh piss off you sensitive wee flower... Now you see that is an insult, but probably if you only really are insecure enough to think that you might just be a sensitive wee flower...

Saying "bullocks" is actually only addressing an argument, its not an insult at all.

Suggesting a hairy male might be a sensitive wee girl, is a non-sensical insult. If you want to be insulted by that your logic is weak. Sneeze's isn't but you want to be for him? Oh what a empathetic wee flower you are... (thats a non gender specific pc version insult)

Pretty sure Sneeze doesn't need you to save him... and playing nice will bore this forum to death... so why don't you develop a constitution instead, or just learn to control your obsession about how others interact?
    Last edited by Sidney; 18-11-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Banned
    I object to your behaviour irrespective of sneeze. It would be great if you would change tack as your repertoire is predictably boring and not nearly as eloquent as you"d like to think.

In so far as eloquence is concerned... I'm afraid your opinion of that counts little.

My style clearly pisses you off but I really don't care that you object... Suck it up you weird little control freak...

Im a fan of the catty arguments, it give prior warning of peoples temperament/red flags to who to avoid in the buy/sell/exchange area

seems as tho we have drifted off topic tho, my new carbine ruger american 450BM with a 16 inch standard barrel will make a fine hog medicine
    anyone else gone down this route and know of a suitable suppressor?
    cameronjackwhite and csmiffy like this.

Name:  IMG_3507.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  1.21 MB

Banned
    Hey there Sidney. Its just a request...is it really that difficult to moderate your behaviour?

I'm not annoyed...I'd just prefer to use the forum as its intended. I see this as the role of a moderator.

Direct your control freak comment towards yourself matey...you may learn something. Projection is a little term that will point you in the right direction.

Lets get back to the hunting aye.
    Danny and csmiffy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevodog View Post
    Hey there Sidney. Its just a request...is it really that difficult to moderate your behaviour?

I'm not annoyed...I'd just prefer to use the forum as its intended. I see this as the role of a moderator.

Direct your control freak comment towards yourself matey...you may learn something. Projection is a little term that will point you in the right direction.

Lets get back to the hunting aye.
    Arguing with the pedantic ones on here is like arguing with your wife. Complete waste of time. Treat them the same way and just ignore the dribble they spout.
    csmiffy likes this.

If you are the moderator mate, then you do have a role in facilitating things working well. I would just challenge your perception of just what that might be.

You were not dealing a particular event or incident and if you want to address general tone, I would suggest that you start with a PM and you identify yourself.

In so far as insults are concerned, accusing somebody of both conceit and contempt when neither is the case is insulting, and using hyperbole like both the bullocks thing or mocking sensitivity is neither.

So frankly I would challenge your eloquence and your understanding.. and you still continue, and last time I checked you were still trying to tell me what to do mate but apparently thats my problem too? Don't need to project to understand that... what am I learning from you again?

If you are the moderator, do me a favour mate ban me... and you can get back to talking about shit beer...

Oh by the way Bill... I have bought/sold a few things on here over a few years, no complaints that I know of... all great kit, good to deal with prompt and up front. If I were you I would be inclined to rely on those who are transparent and have a track record of being like that rather than worrying about what can be deciphered from your ability to determine temperament, from the ramblings on here.