Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Educate me on bushpigs

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    @Sidney get back on task for the thread or bugger off.
    I don't know you from any other forums but from the last couple of posts Ive worked you out alright.
    You are a sanctimonious twat. Stop talking smart and down to people. Not cool. keep it to PMs if you want to have an electronic stoush. You aren't coming across as clever. To much of that shit going on. If you want to start a dictionary/thesaurus war with me you got no show. This isn't the place so grow up. The Aussie term is wake up to yourself
    What is it lately on here?
    @Bill999
    Anyhoo How are you going with the cannon? How does it shoot?
    To be honest I'm not interested in shooting it till the suppressor I ordered today arrives
    The guys at bronco outdoors sorted me out a dpt that is in the post now
    I went with the dpt magnum as I'm a big fan of his suppressors
    I'm going to run it as a subsonic with heavy projectiles
    I have a cast projectile mould for 500gr round nose but I'm hoping Robert has some suitable cast projectiles as his 308 look fantastic
    Apparently these have the 45 colt size bore not the 45-70 so I need to be a little carful how I go about it or possibly leave it well alone
    It's early in my research so I'm not certain either way at this point
    Either way I have half a box of projectiles that came with the gun to burn thru
    I'm loving my 308 subsonic but with a 45 the entry is as big as a mushroomed 308 so it should be a game changer

Name:  IMG_3510.JPG
Views: 372
Size:  1.10 MBName:  IMG_3510.JPG
Views: 372
Size:  1.10 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    To be honest I'm not interested in shooting it till the suppressor I ordered today arrives
    The guys at bronco outdoors sorted me out a dpt that is in the post now
    I went with the dpt magnum as I'm a big fan of his suppressors
    I'm going to run it as a subsonic with heavy projectiles
    I have a cast projectile mould for 500gr round nose but I'm hoping Robert has some suitable cast projectiles as his 308 look fantastic
    Apparently these have the 45 colt size bore not the 45-70 so I need to be a little carful how I go about it or possibly leave it well alone
    It's early in my research so I'm not certain either way at this point
    Either way I have half a box of projectiles that came with the gun to burn thru
    I'm loving my 308 subsonic but with a 45 the entry is as big as a mushroomed 308 so it should be a game changer

Attachment 99077Attachment 99077
    LOL - looks like you are equating the size of your balls with the size of the projectile interested in hearing the result of smacking them into an animal - the projectile that is....
    FatLabrador and outlander like this.

Name:  IMG_3511.JPG
Views: 290
Size:  1.30 MB

165 ballistic tip - 500gr cast - 240 gr xtp

There's certainly a temptation to go big or go home
    FatLabrador likes this.

With my downloaded 416 you get a little of the same. Starts out big diameter anyway and only gets bigger. Barrel too long for the bushpig status though. @Sidney nope you are the one causing trouble at the wrong party. Keep telling yourself that princess.
    If you don't have anything to contribute to the post apart from trying to look clever bugger off.

What no aussie vernacular this time...? what a chance passed up to sound clever

sneakywaza I got
    For a while, the back and forth between the various protagonists was amusing, but now, it is just silly.
    Flyblown and dannyb like this.

Escalated quickly. The OP asked for a brief education on rifles known as "bush pigs". Where did that become a bitch fight? Poor bugger is probably confused as hell. This sort of bullshit does nothing for anyone
    bumblefoot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Escalated quickly. The OP asked for a brief education on rifles known as "bush pigs". Where did that become a bitch fight? Poor bugger is probably confused as hell. This sort of bullshit does nothing for anyone
    I hope he stopped reading a long time ago.

Maybe, but if I recall the discussion was originally between consenting adults, who could interact in a manner that indicated that neither was taking it seriously... and others seemed to enjoy that for what it was..

Then these two lemons came along...

There's a lot of overlap between a bushpig and a Delisle Carbine

My old carbine was quite heavy to carry so I find that my Weatherby Vanguard cut down to 16" with a DPT on it works well, esp for North Island bush conditions

Still miss the old carbine tho

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    There's a lot of overlap between a bushpig and a Delisle Carbine

My old carbine was quite heavy to carry so I find that my Weatherby Vanguard cut down to 16" with a DPT on it works well, esp for North Island bush conditions

Still miss the old carbine tho
    What was your old carbine?

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    What was your old carbine?

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    I never found out if it was a Thompson barrel but it was certainly a 1911 single stack mag feeding 45 into a Lee Enfield action

It wouldn't even trigger my electronic earmuffs when I fired but the trajectory was rainbow-like

Quite heavy

I got it off Tardme off a guy in Bulls then sold it to a bloke in pistol club who I think put it in Ted's auction

I'd love a newer lighter one but will make do with my suppressed AR10 style doodad for now

Name:  Delisle.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  438.0 KB
    Name:  De Lisle.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  424.7 KB
    Last edited by 308; 20-11-2018 at 05:44 PM. Reason: sp

GWH
    Here's another lil stumpy of mine.

Model 7 7mm08, it was a trademe purchase that ended up being a bit cosmetically scruffy.

So cut it down to 15" to get rid of the corroded barrel exterior and had it bedded into a B&C stock purchased off here recently.

It goes surprisingly well with a stiff dose of CFE223 behind either 120 prohunters or 120 or 140gr NBTs.

It handles really well and points very fast.

I'll be trying it out with just 2 baffles on the DPT to keep it super short for a Stewart Island trip soon.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Agreed, it's a total load of crap, but somewhat amusing crap

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    So your sense of humor must be similar to my own. I concurrently celebrate a kindred spirit and feel sympathy for you.

Hopefully to clarify things a little it hasn't been catty or bitchy at any stage from my part, neither interpreted or intended. Think of it more as a game. Like a cross between twister and scrabble but with out the twirly spinny thing or the mat.I don't usually play and I have no idea what the rules are or how it ends, a bit like "if your doing nothing you never know when your finished".
    Im sure Sydneys last few posts are simply probing looking for someone else to play with. Don't be to hard on him, I dont think hes allowed out to play very often.
    csmiffy likes this.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Maybe, but if I recall the discussion was originally between consenting adults, who could interact in a manner that indicated that neither was taking it seriously... and others seemed to enjoy that for what it was..

Then these two lemons came along...
    ouch. and I thought I was such a sweet thing too. @stevodog on the otherhand lol