Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 189
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: Firearm Registry Data Questions and Answers

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    368
    Hi team, would accessories such as the hearing protection equipment that threads onto the end be considered an arms item and their purchase an activating circumstance?

  2. #62
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    6,527
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishg View Post
    Hi team, would accessories such as the hearing protection equipment that threads onto the end be considered an arms item and their purchase an activating circumstance?
    Please read post #46 & 47 in this thread

  3. #63
    Member Old_School's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Please read post #46 & 47 in this thread
    So purchasing a magazine or suppressor would not be considered a triggering event from what I understand?
    I was also told today from a source who consulted contacts at guncity that private sales of unregistered firearms are not triggering events.
    Would like to know if that sounds right or not, but told it's only a triggering event of you buy through a dealer.

  4. #64
    Member MCCPRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Christchurch/Central Otago
    Posts
    337
    I dont believe they would be triggering events if the firearms were not currently onbthe registry and privately traded. Could be wrong and accept all criticism

    Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
    Old_School likes this.

  5. #65
    DPT
    DPT is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishg View Post
    Hi team, would accessories such as the hearing protection equipment that threads onto the end be considered an arms item and their purchase an activating circumstance?
    Name:  IMG_3109.jpeg
Views: 489
Size:  316.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_3110.jpeg
Views: 485
Size:  329.8 KB

  6. #66
    Member Old_School's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by MCCPRO View Post
    I dont believe they would be triggering events if the firearms were not currently onbthe registry and privately traded. Could be wrong and accept all criticism

    Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
    That's the way I understood it too. How about trademe private sales?

  7. #67
    Member Hermitage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Whakatane
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_School View Post
    So purchasing a magazine or suppressor would not be considered a triggering event from what I understand?
    I was also told today from a source who consulted contacts at guncity that private sales of unregistered firearms are not triggering events.
    Would like to know if that sounds right or not, but told it's only a triggering event of you buy through a dealer.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCCPRO View Post
    I dont believe they would be triggering events if the firearms were not currently onbthe registry and privately traded. Could be wrong and accept all criticism

    Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_School View Post
    That's the way I understood it too. How about trademe private sales?
    I won a TradeMe rifle auction on Tuesday night.
    Wednesday 21st into the local Police station to get form 43a signed.
    The form then had to go to the Tauranga Arms Officer Paul McLennan (friendly guy).
    When I was on the phone with him on Thursday 22nd, I asked if the seller receives my 43a form on/after 24 June would it be classed as an activating event. He said 'yes' - that to purchase a rifle from an individual license holder is an activating event for registration.
    Now I took that to mean when dealing with an online purchase via form 43a AND when selling via face-to-face private sales.

    Thankfully the seller received the 43a form today and dropped the rifle off to be shipped... so no need to be a 'test dummy' for the new online system's bugs and problems.
    shananah likes this.
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

  8. #68
    Member buzzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    taihape
    Posts
    3,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage View Post
    I won a TradeMe rifle auction on Tuesday night.
    Wednesday 21st into the local Police station to get form 43a signed.
    The form then had to go to the Tauranga Arms Officer Paul McLennan (friendly guy).
    When I was on the phone with him on Thursday 22nd, I asked if the seller receives my 43a form on/after 24 June would it be classed as an activating event. He said 'yes' - that to purchase a rifle from an individual license holder is an activating event for registration.
    Now I took that to mean when dealing with an online purchase via form 43a AND when selling via face-to-face private sales.

    Thankfully the seller received the 43a form today and dropped the rifle off to be shipped... so no need to be a 'test dummy' for the new online system's bugs and problems.
    What’s going to happen when you pick it up from the dealer ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #69
    Member Hermitage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Whakatane
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    What’s going to happen when you pick it up from the dealer ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I dropped into the dealers (H&F) on Wednesday after seeing the Police.
    The gun seller (who I know well) just said 'Yip no problem, just bring in your firearm's license when you come to pick it up... I'll give you a phone call when it arrives next week'.
    Easy.
    buzzman likes this.
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

  10. #70
    OPCz Rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Posts
    33,664
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    What’s going to happen when you pick it up from the dealer ?
    In my view the dealer is not selling the firearm so they are only performing the role of a courier.
    buzzman and Micky Duck like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  11. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    91
    If you purchase a magazine then that is a triggering event, see post #45

    Where did you get that from @Mintie

  12. #72
    Member Mintie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by 19Badger View Post
    If you purchase a magazine then that is a triggering event, see post #45

    Where did you get that from @Mintie
    That is the wording directly from the "definition" section of the arms act to explain what an arms item is. But as @DPT mentioned it seems like they have come up with a whole separate definition of what an "arms item" is in respect to the register, just for added ambiguity.
    XR500 and Old_School like this.

  13. #73
    Member Old_School's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    That is the wording directly from the "definition" section of the arms act to explain what an arms item is. But as @DPT mentioned it seems like they have come up with a whole separate definition of what an "arms item" is in respect to the register, just for added ambiguity.
    Yes exactly.

  14. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Central Otago
    Posts
    289
    From speaking to my dealer last week , the firearm has to be entered into their book after the 24th which is an activating event.
    Seems still a lot of confusion over this,maybe someone could clarify.

  15. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    helensville nz
    Posts
    4,380
    Done around half of mine this morning
    The rest will need to be done over the phone as they are antique’s in odd ball caliber’s

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Registry data security
    By no1_49er in forum Firearm Safety
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-12-2022, 09:12 PM
  2. More questions, need answers please.
    By Shelley in forum Archery
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 23-08-2014, 07:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!