Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Gun City Mental Prices

They are by far the worst on little things = $150 for nasty weaver rings (to fit your $4k SL8 ) MINT

Quote Originally Posted by RimfireNZ View Post
    Yeah that's right. The guys at Serious Shooters always look after me as I'm a regular there. I've even been shooting with one of the guys there.

No matter what the gun stores will tell you they're making next to nothing on things, but they're full of crap (always remember that... they make a shitload).

Yep we are all driving Lamborghini's cos we make that much.

Some stuff we do make a bit of money on BUT we have to in order to stay open and pay wages rent power ph insurance(and its a fair bit of insurance when you have a room full of guns ) etc etc etc

Other things there is sod all profit in selling but we have to try and match prices to not be seen as rip offs.

serious shooters are good dudes, the salesman refused to let me buy a shotgun that didn't feel right, even allowing me to try guns that were above my budget... Thats what I call SERVICE

I've seen them trying to sell their Chink AR's to people as the BEST thing ever when they were almost 3k!!! I got my RRA for $2,800 so go ram that up your arse GS!
    Dougie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    You can get about 8 from Brownells for that price, they're all of 15 bucks each
    ... did I ever pay you for the two that I got off you? We talked about them a few times, but my memory is complete shit. I may have transferred money - I honestly have no idea.

I don't think so. I'll check sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    serious shooters are good dudes, the salesman refused to let me buy a shotgun that didn't feel right, even allowing me to try guns that were above my budget... Thats what I call SERVICE
    Every time I go in there I get "Oh come check this out, we just got it in" and get shown some cool toys, and there's never any pressure to purchase. I've bought probably 8 rifles from there over the years and they always make sure it's the right one I'm after.

One of the guys refuses to talk about the 204 with me (saying it's not what I'm looking for) and keeps trying to talk me out of a 22-250 because he thinks a .223 is far more suitable for my varmint gun I'm wanting to build (for long range bunnies). When I was complaining about my Ruger 22 not shooting right, they took it in (it's like 5 years old) and had a play. Figured out it was the scope, let me know, no charge. There are some good dudes in there.

Plus they don't get cranky when I try to squeeze a deal out of everything I buy As has been mentioned, that's probably half the reason we get charged so much over here... because some people think it's rude to try to bargain. It doesn't hurt to ask.

What about their branded guns? Like the Gun City 870 or the Gun City AR-15? They are much cheaper than anything else that you can buy on their site and I've actually heard good things about them, particularly the 870.

DONT TOUCH THEM! their AR's are fucking shit! for an extra 100 get a NEA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
    What about their branded guns? Like the Gun City 870 or the Gun City AR-15? They are much cheaper than anything else that you can buy on their site and I've actually heard good things about them, particularly the 870.
    You get what you pay for.

I've heard plenty bad about them too so I guess it just depends on what you want.

I wouldn't touch one of those rebranded chinese AR15's. People have plenty bad to say about their cheapo shotguns... but hell for $299 you can't really complain. I'll stick to my Mossberg 500A thank you very much.

We've sold a number of the Gun City branded 870's and one guy in particular has gone with his and has no problems. For the money I reckon they are bloody good value but I'd still probably shell out a bit of extra cash and get a genuine Rem 870.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post

I've seen them trying to sell their Chink AR's to people as the BEST thing ever when they were almost 3k!!! I got my RRA for $2,800 so go ram that up your arse GS!
    I got my RRA with a free float tube, ambi safety and 30mm cantilever mount for 2300. so shove that up yours

also those chinese ar15s are pretty rough to put it kindly.
    its still an ar tho. even with all its short comings itl probably shoot pretty well.
    trigger - appauling.
    finish - appauling
    machineing marks very very evident
    fit and finish - the upper and lower have a ton of slop
    but hey at 1800 new I cant wait to see what they go for in a couple of years second hand. be a cheep source of ar bits no doubt
    they make me real happy to have a RRA thats for sure.

The Norc AR's are great guns if you pay a reasonable price for them Marstar Canada - Standard (Centrefire) Rifles My experience with the GC 870's (Norinco HP9) has been favourable. They probably build them better than Remington does now.

Quote Originally Posted by RimfireNZ View Post
    I saw a 15 round 10/22 mag there for $130~

Plastic feed lips and everything. Absolute shit. I talked the guy in front of me out of buying one because you can get 3 legit Ruger 10 shot mags for that price.
    My mate bought four of them on impulse and none of them worked in three different rifles

I like people who use Gun City prices to justify higher prices for used firearms.