Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Gun City Mental Prices

DPT
    Some people just dont shop around. There was a second hand suppressor of mine on trademe last week and it sold for more than I sell them new. A few auctions down the page and there was a brand new one cheaper! go figger?
    veitnamcam likes this.

The only reason I got othe gun city web site, is they list so much stuff there I find what I am after and head off to do some research and price hunting, wish other gun shops listed all their products but poss not cost effective to do so.
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Yes, their prices seem to be the highest in NZ. If you see something they have go ask locally, mostly stuff seems to come from the same importers/distributor(s) anyway so are available.

US prices, I suggest you dont look its upsetting, though its the range of goodies they have that gets me, if only it was easy to import.

Im looking at a Savage M12 palma, standard its $3100NZD ish here. On a US gunsmith's website one of these blueprinted by him, better barrel and setup is $2100US....with GST added I'd pay less than the std price.

D:

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    Im looking at a Savage M12 palma, standard its $3100NZD ish here. On a US gunsmith's website one of these blueprinted by him, better barrel and setup is $2100US....with GST added I'd pay less than the std price.

D:
    You will save ~$200 if you get free freight, free export permits, free customs and MAF fees etc
    Otherwise in reality its actually MORE expensive