Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Gun City Mental Prices

AB Precision
    Im oppersite, i have got 3 rifles from gun city now an have aways got good deal, better than anywhere else.............
    An scopes also way sharper than anywhere else, there staff discounts are very.......................................(never worked there)

R93
    But you hump a bloke who does?

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    But you hump a bloke who does?
    Shhh haha, hes not there now tho but 50% on would be around the average was mean!!!

Did you swallow or did he?
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyman View Post
    Did you swallow or did he?
    It makes great moisturiser so i have been told...................................

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    i buy parts from them i cant get from any where else. $399 who else in nz supplies 30 shot .223 mags like that? please point me in their direction. they have cornered the market. if people can get a better deal elsewhere do it. its also convenience i waited 24 months for a stock and paid $850 today for it fuckin ripoff. twice i have had them taken off me in customs. been to gun city and you get it in a few days. dont like dont fuckin buy.

ps comparing our sales prices with the US is stupid dont try and compare itll just cause you a headache. globally nz is insignificant in trade and buying power fullstop.
    Addicted to gun powder

Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    Shhh haha, hes not there now tho but 50% on would be around the average was mean!!!
    Fair enough mate- I'd probably take a load too for a half price Nightforce or S&B.

-If you break it down, it's a pretty good hourly rate.

I really don’t know what the problem is. I mean if you went into a camera shop in silvia park you'd expect to pay more as their overheads are way higher. Guncity to tend to engage in more marketing and aim a large chunk of their efforts at new business (ie new shooters, ie not particularly price picky, gear picky nz hunters) Lets face it, some newby who buys a gun and knows nothing is a quick sale. He then learns more and sells that gun. Probably back to GC. They dont require much as much time per sale and they probably wont use their gear much anyway (making the warranty thing pretty much lip service). You gotta hand it to em - it's probably a lucrative area of the firearms industry.
    Car yards are the same. Movie theaters, 'Nosh' supermarkets, basically any wanker with a shop in ponsonby. What about the bathroom fitout crowd? Hell some of the interior designers i knew as a draughtsman could convince people to part with 100k for a bathroom. "makes for an invigorating showering experience" one chap told me with a straight face. Yeah right. Go the local guy i say. Even if that if that is GC. Its your job as the professional gun enthusiast to insist on exactly what you want anyway. I do all my research before heading in - then i get swayed by local availability / deals and such. Not the other way around. Any given salesman wouldn’t be worth much to his own company if he kept sending you next door for something he 'thought' was a better product. It's a little naive to expect sales staff not to do their jobs. If you want freedom FROM choice, maybe Nth Korea might be nice this time of year ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by rogers.270 View Post
    i buy parts from them i cant get from any where else. $399 who else in nz supplies 30 shot .223 mags like that? please point me in their direction. they have cornered the market. if people can get a better deal elsewhere do it. its also convenience i waited 24 months for a stock and paid $850 today for it fuckin ripoff. twice i have had them taken off me in customs. been to gun city and you get it in a few days. dont like dont fuckin buy.

ps comparing our sales prices with the US is stupid dont try and compare itll just cause you a headache. globally nz is insignificant in trade and buying power fullstop.

What sort of stock?

You can get 30rd AR mags all sorts of places, they come up here occasionally, gunstuff.co.nz there are always some, imas forums. Woudn't pay more that $120 for them, and that for new ones.

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    cheers re mag advice. pretty bare on gunstuff. and id rather steel. also looking for a steel 10-20 shot mini mag if you can help.

HS varmint 42 for my SA winchester. just gutted re exchange rate over 2 years not being accounted for in billing.
    Addicted to gun powder

You've just got to shop around for mags. They come up. Mostly AR/M14/AK because they're the most common guns, Mini14 might be a bit harder to find but you do see them. I thought you were talking about AR mags because that's what someone earlier in the thread mentioned.

Is it just GS Christchurch? Invercargill GC is good, how about the Auckland one?

Steel AR mags are a waste of time. Alloy ones are ok and Pmags are as good

Magazines - shopping | Target Sports 30 round magpul pmags here for $150 if anyones interested.hahah I actually typed in gunshity.co.nz by accident after reading through this post

Fuck knows how guncity are still in buisness. You can get everthing they have somewhere else for 10 - 20% cheaper. Feel sorry for people who buy from gun city.