Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 126
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: Here we go folks

  1. #106
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    I have. You're suggesting that criminals have less human rights than you and I. And that you are perfectly comfortable with others doing the dirty work.

    If you think the government would stop at actual criminals and leave us alone then you're na´ve at best.

    Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    Never even suggested that the government would ever leave us alone - nice if they would, but it will never happen.
    If you believe I'm that naive - you are stupid at best... I can do false equivalency too - and suggest you grow up a bit.

  2. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    I have. You're suggesting that criminals have less human rights than you and I. And that you are perfectly comfortable with others doing the dirty work.

    If you think the government would stop at actual criminals and leave us alone then you're na´ve at best.

    Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    Never even suggested that the government would ever leave us alone - nice if they would, but it will never happen.
    As for human rights: we already remove the rights of criminals via incarceration. As part of living in society, if you break the social contract you forfeit some of those rights. We can disagree until the cows come home as to where to draw the line of just what rights are forfeit; but I suggest we remember the victims before putting the rights of criminals above them.
    If you believe I'm that naive - you are stupid at best... I can do false equivalency too - and suggest you grow up a bit.

  3. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    Never even suggested that the government would ever leave us alone - nice if they would, but it will never happen.
    If you believe I'm that naive - you are stupid at best... I can do false equivalency too - and suggest you grow up a bit.
    If you think it won't happen then why would you suggest something that could be used against us?

    Jog on. I'm not the one suggesting stupid ideas.

    No need to be patronising.

  4. #109
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    Never even suggested that the government would ever leave us alone - nice if they would, but it will never happen.
    As for human rights: we already remove the rights of criminals via incarceration. As part of living in society, if you break the social contract you forfeit some of those rights. We can disagree until the cows come home as to where to draw the line of just what rights are forfeit; but I suggest we remember the victims before putting the rights of criminals above them.
    If you believe I'm that naive - you are stupid at best... I can do false equivalency too - and suggest you grow up a bit.
    Never denied that we do remove rights or that the social contract requires it to function.

    Nice. Conflating victims and criminals into one. I never mentioned victims and criminals getting more help or anything like that.

    Since you had to stoop to calling me stupid and immature if wager that you never read much of an argument anyway.

    Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

  5. #110
    MIA somewhere in Nam 300CALMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Reluctantly JAFA
    Posts
    3,289
    Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Yes, what was proposed in the DRAFT. Which was then changed to be more specific and reference 762mm.

    Only a retard would seriously think that making illegal the fitting a thinner recoil pad, or scraping 0.00002mm off by rubbing on concrete was the intention of this proposal.

    I hope all those who sent in abusive or half cocked emails sent another to apologise and congratulate him on seeking heavier penalties for those found with cut down guns.
    Wow you haven't worked for a political organisation or seen their handiwork.

  6. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    spreydon christcurch.
    Posts
    3,395
    now my old muttongun -how does this effect it .If I goes to the doc to get its hood removed ,is me friendly copper gonna demand a short arm inspection. i think it may be under 762mm but due ti my fat guts cant see it to measure??

  7. #112
    MIA somewhere in Nam 300CALMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Reluctantly JAFA
    Posts
    3,289
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    now my old muttongun -how does this effect it .If I goes to the doc to get its hood removed ,is me friendly copper gonna demand a short arm inspection. i think it may be under 762mm but due ti my fat guts cant see it to measure??
    Under 762 means say hello to BUBBA

  8. #113
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North Shore Auck
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    How is it bleeding heart shit to actually propose changes that have actual evidence of reducing crime rates? Suppose I should stick to coming up with half cocked fantasy about imprisoning criminals on the moon or somthing.

    I get that being mean to bad people gives you the warm fuzzies. It just doesn't work. The whole point of the justice system is to deter people from committing crime in the first place. How long one guy is in jail for said crime is irrelevant. What matters is how many people don't commit the crime for worry of the consequence.

    Studies show that the most effective way to reduce this is to increase the chance of getting caught rather than the length of sentence. If you think the sentences are to weak that's fine, it's just a separate issue to preventing crime.

    I'm arguing the point that, it is often said on here that harsher sentencing will reduce the occurrence of gun crime, evidence shows it isn't true. Increasing the likelihood of getting caught will. So if your true intent is to deter criminals that's where your money is best spent
    From what you are saying I can hazard a guess that you have no even said so much as hello to a Crim .
    t
    The current system is focused on box ticking and if you parrot their drivel , you get to go past the fence to freedom . What is needed is the stick and then the carrot , if there is no punishment then their is no consequence .

  9. #114
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankd View Post
    From what you are saying I can hazard a guess that you have no even said so much as hello to a Crim .
    t
    The current system is focused on box ticking and if you parrot their drivel , you get to go past the fence to freedom . What is needed is the stick and then the carrot , if there is no punishment then their is no consequence .
    What's your experience with the justice system?

    Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

  10. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    you calling me a retard? @systolic

    Folks get your popcorn ready.
    I said only a retard would seriously think that making illegal the fitting a thinner recoil pad, or scraping 0.00002mm off by rubbing on concrete was the intention of this proposal.

    And if that's what you seriously think, you are a retard.
    Settings - My Account - Edit Ignore List - Add a Member to Your List - User Name - Okay.

  11. #116
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    kaiapoi
    Posts
    1,581
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    now my old muttongun -how does this effect it .If I goes to the doc to get its hood removed ,is me friendly copper gonna demand a short arm inspection. i think it may be under 762mm but due ti my fat guts cant see it to measure??
    Already a restricted length maybe...? Go the crusaders

    Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    I said only a retard would seriously think that making illegal the fitting a thinner recoil pad, or scraping 0.00002mm off by rubbing on concrete was the intention of this proposal.

    And if that's what you seriously think, you are a retard.
    @systolic you clearly aren't picking up what people are putting down. I do agree with on a small point...the INTENT as you put it isn't to make every rifle with a worn muzzle, pad or otherwise illegal. The fact that they didn't specifically say it doesn't make it open for interpretation and we don't need anti gun coppers with a bad attitude using it to screw us over.
    Stop calling people retards just because you don't agree with them. You are allowed an opinion as we all are. There is no need for abuse although you do seem to have a bit of a knack for it. You aren't Australian are you?
    Last edited by csmiffy; 05-08-2018 at 11:40 AM.
    gadgetman and mikee like this.

  12. #117
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North Shore Auck
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    What's your experience with the justice system?

    Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    I have to work with them on the inside and believe me they are some who just are not worth the time and energy , and the odd one who just did something stupid .
    Russian 22. likes this.

  13. #118
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankd View Post
    From what you are saying I can hazard a guess that you have no even said so much as hello to a Crim .
    t
    The current system is focused on box ticking and if you parrot their drivel , you get to go past the fence to freedom . What is needed is the stick and then the carrot , if there is no punishment then their is no consequence .
    You know what they say about assumptions....

    You miss the point entirely. I'm not arguing about sentencing at all. Just refuting the point that harsher sentencing will meaningfully reduce the occurrence of crime.

    At no point did I say we should abolish or reduce sentences. Just that more police resource and a higher probability of getting caught is more effective at preventing crime from happening in the first place. Which is after all the best possible outcome and the entire point of the system.

    Everyone can argue their emotionally based opinion till they are blue in the face, but that won't change the facts.
    gadgetman and Timberwolf like this.

  14. #119
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Waikato
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    You know what they say about assumptions....

    You miss the point entirely. I'm not arguing about sentencing at all. Just refuting the point that harsher sentencing will meaningfully reduce the occurrence of crime.

    At no point did I say we should abolish or reduce sentences. Just that more police resource and a higher probability of getting caught is more effective at preventing crime from happening in the first place. Which is after all the best possible outcome and the entire point of the system.

    Everyone can argue their emotionally based opinion till they are blue in the face, but that won't change the facts.
    Crims with fifty plus convictions ruin your argument.
    Overkill is still dead.

  15. #120
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Crims with fifty plus convictions ruin your argument.
    How?

    The vast majority of crime goes unpunished. That's why preventing people from committing crime in the first place is so important. Can't be a 50 times repeat offender if you don't offend in the first place

    Everything I have said is backed by real evidence and studies. So unless you think you know more than the experts and have a comprehensive scientific study. Google it.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. G'day folks
    By keneff in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-08-2015, 02:56 PM
  2. Hi Folks
    By Daleworx in forum Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13-05-2015, 11:35 AM
  3. What vid camera are folks using
    By Happy in forum Photography and Video
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-03-2015, 05:09 PM
  4. Hi folks
    By Ahuroa SC in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-07-2013, 05:33 PM
  5. Any HB folks know
    By Happy in forum Off topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 05:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!