Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: I need a new rifle

I know a guy who has a kimber Montana 300wsm that has been shortened to 16 inches with a rebated stock to fit the suppressor very light great Bush gun and shoots sub moa

Quote Originally Posted by Phill243 View Post
    I know a guy who has a kimber Montana 300wsm that has been shortened to 16 inches with a rebated stock to fit the suppressor very light great Bush gun and shoots sub moa
    I know the rifle.
    He has mk4 on top and have shot it out to a 1000 on steel with success
    He is running accubonds and he uses it from bush to tahr hunting.
    It is a bloody great piece of kit that one day I wouldnt mind cloning for myself
    Phill243 likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    Anyone that did that to a rifle of mine would be told he is not to root my sister anymore.
    It's probably a good thing I found out via email otherwise words along that vain would have been very likely to be said.

To give the guy credit, he offered to pay for it strait away and is selling his only boy toy to do so.
    I took the risk of him doing something stupid when I lent it to him, perhaps I should have lent him something cheeper as I feel a little guilty at the $ he is now spending-not easy for him with with two small kids,a mortgage and a stay at home wife in a teachers income
    Using Tapatalk

res
    The kimbers seem to be getting a lot of love, and would let me come in under budget-I'll probably go down that road in 308 with a odi can and a z6i 1-6 scope.

Could someone with a 308 kimber please measure the barrel diameter at legal length?
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    It's probably a good thing I found out via email otherwise words along that vain would have been very likely to be said.

To give the guy credit, he offered to pay for it strait away and is selling his only boy toy to do so.
    I took the risk of him doing something stupid when I lent it to him, perhaps I should have lent him something cheeper as I feel a little guilty at the $ he is now spending-not easy for him with with two small kids,a mortgage and a stay at home wife in a teachers income
    "teacher"...you gave a nerd a rifle...beginning to think you need the kick-up-the-bum...
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

The kimbers seem to be getting a lot of love, and would let me come in under budget-I'll probably go down that road in 308 with a odi can and a z6i 1-6 scope.

Could someone with a 308 kimber please measure the barrel diameter at legal length?
    That would be an awesome set up.

Would you not get a lot more use and probably re sale value out of something like a 2-12 mag range?
    veitnamcam and Kiwi Greg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Would you not get a lot more use and probably re sale value out of something like a 2-12 mag range?
    +1

I don't see the point in this cut it in half trend.

I re barreled from 22 inch to 26 on my hunting rifle and hunt more bush than open country, makes no difference at all other than it balances better in the hand.
    I walk threw stuff with my rifle pointed forward so really makes no difference how long or short it is.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    gadgetman and Toby like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Had a Kimber .260 shot great only thing I hated was the safety very hard to get off in a hurry when a deer is looking at you rifle was great to carry

Just a quick question why not insurance claim? On this buggered. Rifle did that on one of mine when I broke the stock no problem from insurance company to pay out

After spending the weekend away and thinking about a bush gun after dragging a long barrel 7 Rem mag I think my next project will definitely be a bolt action in 300 blackout - 16 inch barrel plus suppressor. Sounds like a good little project in 1:7 twist and light barrel for either 110/125 grain supers or 225 subs.

Shut up and Shoot
    Have recently spent time shooting some Forbes Rifles, the 308 shortened down to 16 inches would likely only weigh 4 1/4 pounds and it would still be useable out to 500 plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbmiester View Post
    Have recently spent time shooting some Forbes Rifles, the 308 shortened down to 16 inches would likely only weigh 4 1/4 pounds and it would still be useable out to 500 plus.
    Are they stainless or blued

Quote Originally Posted by Herbmiester View Post
    That is getting pretty light weight for shooting out to 500 plus don't you think?

Don't mean to hijack your thread res but what is so special about these Forbes rifles? Aren't they just another 700 clone with a light barrel and stock? Or am I missing something? I remember seeing one of the ULA rifles about 20 years ago and I think they were built on a factory 700 action.