Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree618Likes

Thread: The Lever Aficionados Thread

Yup, or any patina.

While you're ordering it get some Eezox as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Quite a while ago @timattalon put the idea of rechambering a Baikal 18mh from 762x39 to 303 in my mind as an option.
    This talk of ruger no 1s has bought it to the surface again has anyone done this and while it wouldnt be classy it might scratch that single shot itch and it does have a lever.
    I’ve had Gunworks do this for me on a 7.62x39. Was in part forced on me when Baikal’s normally good (?) quality control let a rifle out of the factory with a grossly off-centre chamber.

Gunworks cleaned up the chamber nicely and converted the fiddly little extractor to one suitable (like a single shot baikal shotgun) which worked really well. Shot well as 303.

The baikal I had was one of the fancy ones with a walnut stock and nickel coated receiver. I also had Gunworks mount an old conetrol base with conetrol rings. It definitely had good ‘polished turd’ characteristics!

Even with a trigger job I never liked the trigger and I ended up selling it.

I intended replacing it and may still with a Ruger No1 in 303 - although I ended up buying one in 450/400 Nitro Express...

Quote Originally Posted by huntsika View Post
    I’ve had Gunworks do this for me on a 7.62x39. Was in part forced on me when Baikal’s normally good (?) quality control let a rifle out of the factory with a grossly off-centre chamber.

Gunworks cleaned up the chamber nicely and converted the fiddly little extractor to one suitable (like a single shot baikal shotgun) which worked really well. Shot well as 303.

The baikal I had was one of the fancy ones with a walnut stock and nickel coated receiver. I also had Gunworks mount an old conetrol base with conetrol rings. It definitely had good ‘polished turd’ characteristics!

Even with a trigger job I never liked the trigger and I ended up selling it.

I intended replacing it and may still with a Ruger No1 in 303 - although I ended up buying one in 450/400 Nitro Express...
    Need pictures!
    timattalon and Micky Duck like this.
    More meplat, more better.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hun...06df7a81a7c372

Always when I l’m not in a position to be buying.
    timattalon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tanqueray View Post
    Need pictures!
    The 375 H&H lets your shoulder know you have fired something a bit bigger....the Nitro must really tell you. Anyone else with a recoil fetish?

Me
    Velocity is thrilling,but diameter does the real killing.

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    A winchester 92 in .25-20 with the half-length magazine would have to be a pretty neat little plinker.....I suppose if I keep my eyes open for long enough I may eventually come across one in decent shooting condition...
    Real shame they did not make them in 9mm. That would be fun with the cheap ammo....

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Real shame they did not make them in 9mm. That would be fun with the cheap ammo....
    If you cast your own bullets, virtually any pistol cartridge is cheap to reload, and at low pressures the brass lasts forever too.
    jim160 likes this.

Pity there are not more .357/38 lever actions around they are perfect for plinking and bush hunting bullets range from 110grs to 200grs
    would like a Marlin if they start making them again they did a nice 16" one years ago
    john m likes this.

308 takedown, had always thought I would suppress it but now I've got it I don't think I can bring myself to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Quote Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
    308 takedown, had always thought I would suppress it but now I've got it I don't think I can bring myself to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did with my 30/06 and its up for a new home.....maybe. If keen see my latest started threads....
    Name:  BLR.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  373.5 KB
    Name:  IMG20181020173146.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  663.0 KB
    Name:  IMG20181020172957.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  898.9 KB
    But they did not knurl the thread cap so if you use it without the suppressor you cannot tell that it has been threaded (Thread cap is off in the top picture because of this)
    buell984, Micky Duck and Rocco like this.

67 yr eyes now need the help from a scope.

Name:  20181213_140026.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  4.72 MB
    Velocity is thrilling,but diameter does the real killing.

Just picked up this Savage 99 in 308. She’s been well used but still has a good shiny bore. Love the brass rotary mag cylinder with the counter on the side. I gave her a birthday in the form of new sling swivels (previous owner had some weird white plastic fix on the forend), re-threaded the underbarrel attachment to marry up with one of the new forend swivel screws. Also re shaped the schnable a bit.

Name:  1E96D335-8B05-4866-9F11-1D27A45D24F7.jpeg
Views: 1176
Size:  8.09 MB
    Name:  09FBDADA-32B2-4372-B7BD-D01FCFD4C1E1.jpeg
Views: 1131
Size:  5.26 MB

Hi FRST, Nice rifle, Going to stay with the iron sites? fyi you can get new stocks in both high grade walnut or laminate from the US.

Had my first experience of blow back on a goat I nailed with my Sav99 in the weekend. Neck shot a nice nannie then at about 50 mtr I shot a good sized Billie angling away from me. Shot went in 1/2 way along the chest at about mid height.
    158 gr XTP 358 cal bullet at aprox 2650 fps. No exit and only a 3/4" entry wound when I rolled him over there was a 4" chunk of lung lying on the ground which my dog (setter) promptly ate.
    Only read about this before. (Terminal Ballistics web site)
    Zq
    FRST, buell984 and Micky Duck like this.