Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: The media and how they describe firearms

https://www.facebook.com/mbest11x/vi...8046398672363/
    Along the same lines as this post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chop3r View Post
    My neighbour is a journalist for the local paper and by sheer chance he was discussing this bust with me over the weekend and it took some talking to convince him that the description of the firearms was slightly over the top. His wife was gobbing off about semi autos and how they should not be allowed and were not needed in NZ but she did put the brakes on when I said that I had one in the safe.

After a bit more of a chat I worked out that she was talking about full autos so I then had to explain the subtle difference between them
    Not sure I would call it a subtle difference in anything other than the spelling of the name. Its like saying I am popping out for a shot or popping out for a shit. Very close to the same when written down (only one letter difference) but VERY different in the equipment needed for the task at hand.....

Its a piss take mate

The DP rifle must fire two projectiles with one pull of the trigger, thus the DP stands for double penetration. Wooden that be good?

Quote Originally Posted by Chop3r View Post
    Its a piss take mate
    It may well be but unfortunately I know of a number of people who I can see would very likely make the same mistake......Be warned, they are out there.....they walk among us.

Drug lord El Chapo Guzman captured: Mexico | Stuff.co.nz

"Two of the rifles seized were sniper guns, capable of penetrating most bullet-proof vests and cars. " Bahahahaha
    Sylvester likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Drug lord El Chapo Guzman captured: Mexico | Stuff.co.nz

"Two of the rifles seized were sniper guns, capable of penetrating most bullet-proof vests and cars. " Bahahahaha
    "At the home marines seized two armoured vehicles, eight rifles, one handgun and a rocket-propelled grenade launcher"

Yeah well the RPG and "armoured" vehicle (note shit spelling) are more evidence of how Americas slack gun laws are arming the drug gangs...

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    As a boy of nine I thought of starting a drug gang but there just wasn't the demand for the dispirin I filched from our medicine cabinet and no one was really concerned about my Daisy air rifle.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    "At the home marines seized two armoured vehicles, eight rifles, one handgun and a rocket-propelled grenade launcher"

Yeah well the RPG and "armoured" vehicle (note shit spelling) are more evidence of how Americas slack gun laws are arming the drug gangs...
    How do you jump to the conclusion, that Americas slack gun laws are arming drug gangs, This was in Mexico,

Armored cars are not uncommon, long arms and handguns are controlled, but allowed to licensed owners.
    Mexico, has a very high crime rate, corrupt official's, police and legal system, very high murder rate, low crime report rate, the average Mexican does not trust police and justice system, murder of officials' and media that cant be bought, is common,
    and has been in a low level war, against criminal gangs, and drug cartels for a decade or more.
    You can get anything you want, if you can afford to pay.
    I would consider 8 rifles, a handgun and a rpg to be very low armament, for one of the biggest cartel boss to be caught with. especial with elite Mexican Federal forces, hunting him.
    The most common RPG's would be Russian,

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    ... and "armoured" vehicle (note shit spelling) ...
    You mean correct spelling? As opposed to some bastardised American version of the English language...
    Savage1, Ryan and 308 like this.

Bit of Sarcasm there ... OK pure sarcasm.
    Last edited by 300CALMAN; 09-01-2016 at 11:32 AM.
    GravelBen and Tommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by southernredneck View Post
    New Zealand journalists are just like all New Zealand politicians
    Left leaning biased pains in the arse that don't know shit about what goes on in the real world

whats with the left leaning line . . . its come up a couple of times in this thread.

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't it a right wing conservative government in Aussie that put in place the grand stuff up they have there now for gun laws. . . and Canada's little experiment with gun registration.

Because it's the left making all the noise about it at the moment

However, I have seen a former Labour leader in an Auckland gunshop, so although the party line of some lefty parties may be to get rid of firearms in private hands, sometimes even the right will ratfuck you too. This is why the NRA is necessary, they hold politicians to account when it comes to firearm owners interests
    Jexla likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    However, I have seen a former Labour leader in an Auckland gunshop, so although the party line of some lefty parties may be to get rid of firearms in private hands, sometimes even the right will ratfuck you too. This is why the NRA is necessary, they hold politicians to account when it comes to firearm owners interests
    So true, I think the word is Populist? it can apply to both sides of the spectra ie doing what you think will get you votes and bee seen to do the "right thing". Nothing to do with making the right decision.
    res and Jexla like this.