Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: My Terminator Products 6.5SAUM extracts properly..................Finally

R93
    Is there any visable damage to the locking lugs on the original bolt Mikee?
    Polishing or rounding on the outer corners?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

I would have thought under the consumer guarantee's act the rifle has to be " fit for purpose " , Which it does not appear to be . You say the supplier has had multiple opportunities to remedy
    the situation which they dont appear to be able to do.
    This should be pretty cut and dried in court I would have thought. Give the heap of shit back.
    Russian 22. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan F View Post
    I would have thought under the consumer guarantee's act the rifle has to be " fit for purpose " , Which it does not appear to be . You say the supplier has had multiple opportunities to remedy
    the situation which they dont appear to be able to do.
    This should be pretty cut and dried in court I would have thought. Give the heap of shit back.
    Tried the CGA approach but apparently they seem to be "specifically excluded" from it or it does not apply to them.
    I'm not sure I have the energy to do the court thing, I posted wondering if I was being unreasonable expecting it to work??

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Tried the CGA approach but apparently they seem to be "specifically excluded" from it or it does not apply to them.
    I'm not sure I have the energy to do the court thing, I posted wondering if I was being unreasonable expecting it to work??
    The CGA applies to any retailer. Only private sellers are excluded.
    Moa Hunter and Russian 22. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    What caused that damage ? The steel that Rem bolt bodies are made from is very hard / tough. Surly the firing pin moving from the detent couldn't do that. I dont see how thinning the bolt arm as had been done is going to improve the primary extraction, just doesn't make sense. Was the bolt thinned and then welded back up again with a soft weld as a repair when it was realised it wouldnt fix the extraction problem ?
    Um they tried screwing it on first, screws came loose then next and last attempt was tig weld which is what you see I believe the damage from (actually I think they just screwed it back on then tig it over the top as i can still see threads.

Isn't the dude who owns that Terminator Products on here ?

While the welding at the back of the bolt handle is very rough, its the bearing surface on front of the handle that engages the rear of the receiver to give you extraction. That's the bit that should be under question if its not extracting?

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Time to screw that VX6 on and shoot some steel @mikee. Could be good stress relief

"I posted wondering if I was being unreasonable expecting it to work??"

sheeeyit no- most of us would have burst a blood vessel long before now.............dosnt TP/Terminator Products aka Greg advertise on here?

Holy shit I never realised gunsmiths tools extended to cold chisels and hammers That's plain ugly. A good example of why it's better to deal with a gunsmith direct rather than a
    'middle man' who is just there to clip the ticket

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk
    Nathan F and mawzer308 like this.

Gkp
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve338 View Post
    Holy shit I never realised gunsmiths tools extended to cold chisels and hammers That's plain ugly. A good example of why it's better to deal with a gunsmith direct rather than a

I think most would agree that Cam @ Alpine Precision is the exception to that statement.
    A bloody good service there.

As to the above stuff up... Everyone makes stuff ups but it's all about putting your hand up to admit when you are wrong. It's a bummer he hasn't either put his hand up or stood up for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve338 View Post

In fairness to the supplier, I believe the actual "repair's" if you can call them that were carried out by "proper" gunsmiths.

What gets me is if it were me in my professional job I would not have even attempted to get a customers to accept work like that "visually" its out of place on a custom gun never mind whether it works or not.

It would be like me installing a sounder on a clients workboat after I dropped it and cracked the screen (it happens) and fitting it anyway and "yeah nah, it should be all good" never mind you just paid 5k for it. How do you think that would go down??

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    How do you think that would go down??
    Like a mug of hot diarrhoea, mate.

Stick up for yourself, keep it as civil as possible, but now it’s in open forum it’s a tough one to see being solved without egos been severely dented.
    Just...say...the...word

I knew it would not be solved before I posted, if it was going to be it would have never got to here.

I have given up expecting a resolution

I'm not saying Mikee is wrong at all, heck I've had some infamous battles with terminator products.
    In the end they got sorted and I'd like to hear the other side of the story before Greg gets sentenced buy the court of NZHS