Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: My Terminator Products 6.5SAUM extracts properly..................Finally

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by stickle7 View Post
    Can everybody do everything correct? lets not get off the subject in hand about time this thread run it journey.
    WTF? Thread shouldn't end because you say so. And if you are supplying a product for hard earned money you betcha it better be correct/perfect and backed up within reason or you wont be in business long.

The supplied rifle had a fault that imo, is neither the suppliers or consumers fault but the supplier has the expectation and responsibility to first recognize it (seems he did) then rectify or replace it at no cost to the consumer. Simple really.
    Shit happens. We all know that. An apology if needed and payment for repairs would not only save face, it will close the thread.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    mikee, rayzor, northdude and 6 others like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

northdude
    Careful someone will get offended we dont want that now do we

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    ….to keep the rainbow community happy?
    Its 2020 mate, you need to consider all communities before choosing your rifle calibre. One must be careful not to offend. Also 7mm08's arent trendy anymore so whats a they who likes a fancy coffee, living in an overpriced house and changing gender every wednesday to do?
    mikee and Nickoli like this.

northdude
    Buy a creedmore

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    I had a similar experience when I purchased my last work vehicle for my business. Decided on the spec I needed the vehicle to be able to do, towing/carrying/configuration weights and went out to a few outfits to see what they could match up. Toyota couldn't in the ute line, directed me to their light trucks, at that stage nothing else had the 3500Kg tow rating or enough balls to do it.

Ended up between a Runamok, an alone Ranger and a few light trucks - they got dumped as an option as too expensive. Likewise the Amarok didn't get the button pressed as I talked to a fella that got one as a heavy rated work towing truck and ended up giving it to his missus... Couldn't reverse up a hill with a heavy trailer, and being an auto it just sucked (used to use the manual 4L gear with the front manual hubs unlocked but can't do that with the new gen electric engagement utes...).

So got a ranger, explained to Ford what I needed and got told it'll do everything I needed. Well, after writing off two two bar shanks and extensions smashing them into kerbs and bending them, and destroying a set of factory leafs Ford fitted some custom aftermarket leaf packs for me. Fark me, it's turned the truck into a widow maker, on fast gravel roads like the East Coast the front end would just wash out and become uncontrollable. After I just about lost the thing into a fire dam near Parongahau I got the shits and took it back it to Ford - nothing wrong. Went to another outfit and got the corner weights and angles done, and it turned out the heavy rear springs had too much lift and the front end couldn't be adjusted to compensate - the front wheels were bottoming out and had about 20mm droop which stuffed up the camber angle giving a massive amount of negative camber.

I had to source a set of new front struts with a floating spring seat, and custom machine a spacer to take the 20mm droop out by slightly increasing the preload on the factory front springs. Ford dealer had given up at this stage, so yeah $65,000 later and a year of farting about and I finally had a ute that could do what I brought it for. By that stage at work we'd found other ways and I didn't really need the thing any more. Talk about pissed off and never buying another new ute! Another example about not owning it and putting it right regardless of blame or outcome - also a lot of people I talked to went away from that dealer and also, I was able to help out a lot of people who have had similar failings with their utes not doing the job. Seems manufacturers have gone cheap and used nasty comfort for townie springs rather than work load rated springs in their utes...
    If youre buying a ute as a work vehicle and you tell the dealer what you want and he says yea yea this will be perfect for you. Then you tell him ok I will lease it for a year first and then purchase it IF it does what you have just told me it will do. Watch them swallow their words
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Mikee you were extremely happy with the rifle when it was returned to you last time.

The welding my subcontractor put on the bolt was done with the "heat turned up" this is why it looks as it does when the shroud is removed

He did this to ensure the handle stayed in place as it had been hit multiple times to open the bolt after brass had become stuck in the chamber

We know now that Remington's can have significant primary extraction issues, that was not the case when this rifle was built nearly six years ago now.

It is difficult to find anyone in this country who can re-time Remington bolts to maximise their primary extraction with the factory bolt handle

In this case the primary extraction was correct with the factory bolt handle & not the cause of the cases failing to extract

Your email said "when I tapped the bolt to free it the extractor let go of the case"

If a case is stuck in the rifle hard enough for the extractor to let go of the case by either camming over it or tearing the rim off no amount of primary extraction is going to remove it from the chamber

There are many reasons for a fired case to become stuck in a chamber

Before I sent the rifle away to have the handle tig welded on I tightened the screws up the previous contractor had put in the handle to try to keep in on as the factory solder would not hold.

After I cleaned & polished the chamber the bolt would happily extract the dirty fired brass supplied with the rifle from the chamber

The factory bolt handle cannot cope with the primary extraction being consistently used to free the case from the chamber, the metal is too soft & it doesn’t have enough area or angle to accomplish that especially with a case design like the SAUM

It is unfortunate that I have never had an opportunity to preform a function test of the rifle by firing it since I sold it.

This situation would have been easily resolved by an email that went something like,

Hey Greg that rifle isn't working again for some reason, it was going great but now its not can you please have a look at it again for me.

As opposed to the ones I received

I had never before been threatened with the C.G.A. in over 25 years of running a business

"You can't please all the people all the time" & "The customer is always right"

Hopefully the rifle continues to function as it should as it has always shot extremely well

thankyou Greg...that puts a different spin on things.....completely.

So then why was my bolt needed to be replaced

As I said before why the hell is it so hard to get you to answer to anything,
    If you truely believe that there is nothing wrong with the rifle why did you not agree to meeting me so I could show you why I believed the issue?
    And why did I still have issues ?? What your guy did was screw the handle on and tig it on over the top.
    Apart from December this year the handle was never hit with anything.
    There is nothing wrong with brass like that.
    You have blamed the action, my cleaning, my reloading,
    More deflections and excuses, Is repair work like that really acceptable on a 5K gun?
    I have said my piece, I am sure I was not the first guy you ripped off and wont be the last!

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

do you want another rem 700 bolt...one from 7mm mag just popped up ....same size????

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    do you want another rem 700 bolt...one from 7mm mag just popped up ....same size????
    Nah needed a short action one. In any case I brought a proper brand new bolt (PTG) and had it fitted by a proper gunsmith. Fired 700+ since and not one single failure to extract, not one!
    Sooooooooooo I guess is really was me and my sloppy reloading of dirty brass rather than the shoddy work done and redone originally.
    Now that its not a battle to use the thing it gets used.................most every weekend

took a lot of digging to find thread LOL...good you sorted finaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    took a lot of digging to find thread LOL...good you sorted finaly.
    only cost me another grand to get it sorted....................by someone other than the supplier.
    still a sore point with me. can you tell