Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: New Illegal Police Firearm Policy

Anyone would think that there's an issue with them right?

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    Stop being logical....it will get you nowhere.....
    Next thing you will be saying that more lives would be saved by banning sugery soft drinks than by banning guns so we should be focusing on that.
    kimjon and Natatale like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Next thing you will be saying that more lives would be saved by banning sugery soft drinks than by banning guns so we should be focusing on that.
    More lives would be saved if they banned dangerous drugs.....Oh wait they did, and it worked so well that no one dies of a drug overdose anymore.....
    Jexla likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    More lives would be saved if they banned dangerous drugs.....Oh wait they did, and it worked so well that no one dies of a drug overdose anymore.....
    And more lives would be saved this Xmas/New Year season if we all drove as we should, and if that's going to happen !!!
    I don't see how political agenda's work, as we slowly kill ourselves with sugar, salt and fats, health warnings are issued but no active action offered.
    We drive drunk or like spastics and kill or injure ourselves and others, they just add more police on the roads, but no calls to ban anything !!
    Overseas shootings happen and its time to ban semi automatic guns, how does that affect us ??
    And yes I have on this forum suggested that owners of semi automatic military style weapons should have more vetting and training.
    But what they are trying is taring any semi-auto as being potentially banned across the board.
    Australia did that and did it really work, only very marginally !!!!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Watching this with interest now.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Banning semi-autos achieves nothing. It's a fairy-tale dreamt up by policy makers with no idea other then as a collective they would rather LE & Military have "that style" of weapon then civilians.

And it also in no way what so ever stops, slows down, or even interferes with terrorism activity.
    stretch, Natatale and Sylvester like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natatale View Post
    But what they are trying is taring any semi-auto as being potentially banned across the board.
    Australia did that and achieved ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
    That's what I thought you said?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

Hmm that maybe your way at looking at it, but there certainly hasn't been any Port Arthur type Massacres since !! and that has to be a good thing !!!

I'm getting the popcorn ready while i watch all the different firearm using "groups" lining up to throw each other "under the bus" while defending their own chosen hobby.

The "evil black guns" are first on the list and will be followed by ALL Semi-auto's, then Manually operated rifles with detachible mags then bolt action rifles and so on and so on. History says this will be the case.

These are the "good old days" and I reckon you need to make the most of them cause by the time people under stand that this is happening it will be too late
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Bolt action rifles = evil sniper rifles
    Steve123 likes this.

AND: before we can say " there goes a flying pink pig" ( pun intended!!) we'll have gun laws just like Oz, NO bloody semi auto's at all!!!!! This is the thin end of the wedge being quietly tapped in to see what the reaction is. Sneaky bastards!!!!

Vigilance & sticking together is the only way to beat these UN inspired Fort Fumble dwellers and their lackies ( no political interference in police operations,eh????).

Keep up the good work Digit!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I'm getting the popcorn ready while i watch all the different firearm using "groups" lining up to throw each other "under the bus" while defending their own chosen hobby.

The "evil black guns" are first on the list and will be followed by ALL Semi-auto's, then Manually operated rifles with detachible mags then bolt action rifles and so on and so on. History says this will be the case.

These are the "good old days" and I reckon you need to make the most of them cause by the time people under stand that this is happening it will be too late
    I'm with u there mikee. Too often firearms are disjointed whereas we should be united. I don't care a flying fig what sorts of firearms other people use but we should ALL fight to retain ALL firearms so we can ALL USE them in our chosen hobby/sport. Merry Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post

I agree that this is the way it will go, but as to how long it will take ..?..?..?.. anybody's guess, so yep enjoy them while we have 'em

If COLFO or another group that looks reasonably organised want to fight this in court then I'd give up to a hundred to the cause

With E-cat it shouldn't matter to me but it sure as shit does

Gundoc -werent you involved in the Palmy Nth courtcase where R L went the coppers over their wee flirtation claiming that freestanding pistol grips denoted an MSSA??
    i know i have downloaded the decision of Justice Jillian Mallon in this case and to put it bluntly she wupped some ass-policeass to be precise.Is this issue gonna be a repeat me wonders.
    I simply cannot understand why AOs have so many bloody differing interpretations of the relevant legislation -surely PNHQemploys someone to write policy???