Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: New Illegal Police Firearm Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Natatale View Post
    And your point is ?????? Still comes down to what I have said and will say again "Vetted and Trained person" F@#k is that too hard too understand !!!!!
    I think he is getting at you saying why do you need a semi auto 308 for. You say there is no need for them in nz.

Yet you were asking to buy a semi auto 308. If nz people don't need them, then why are you seeking to buy one.

Sounds a little hypocritical. Or is that just me.
    dogmatix, Banana, Tommy and 3 others like this.

I wouldn't bother with Natatale he sounds like he has taken the presses crap hook line and sinker.

Hopefully someone sorts the Cops out, does anyone know who has made this call at Police HQ?

Yep dont mind me lm just that doom and gloom guy alway in the group

Quote Originally Posted by jim160 View Post
    I think he is getting at you saying why do you need a semi auto 308 for. You say there is no need for them in nz.

Yet you were asking to buy a semi auto 308. If nz people don't need them, then why are you seeking to buy one.

Sounds a little hypocritical. Or is that just me.
    Possibly because the correct vetting and training have been carried out................ anyway I rest my case eh looking at some of the comments since my tongue in cheek post

Firearms are an easy target because they are emotive, headline grabbing and its easy for politicians to be "seen to be doing something" .

Only a very small group of voters will be effected,

Thats also why they will never try to sort out the mess and aggravation and cost that booze causes, Too many (read every) voters would be effected.
    and ..........................they would be out at the next election.
    Oh cynical me
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Really easy to blame the tool when the trade person is at fault.

Here in the uk there trying that shit all the time. Lucky for us we have BASC, country side alliance and three or four more that have or backs. As soon as this comes up there in there to fight or corner.
    So who funds them, we do by buying shoot liability insurance. NZ would do well to take a leaf out of the U.K. book on this one.
    Look them up guys.
    http://basc.org.uk/
    At first I was not happy about buying this insurance but the guys on the shoot said no insurance no shoot.
    Now I see the benefits. They lobby MPs to find out where they stand, they have a press office to counter bad press. They even cover me when I come home to NZ to go hunting.
    How many of you would be interested in this type of organisation setting up in NZ to fight your corner and keep this shit at bay?

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Possibly because the correct vetting and training have been carried out................ anyway I rest my case eh looking at some of the comments since my tongue in cheek post

Firearms are an easy target because they are emotive, headline grabbing and its easy for politicians to be "seen to be doing something" .

Only a very small group of voters will be effected,

Thats also why they will never try to sort out the mess and aggravation and cost that booze causes, Too many (read every) voters would be effected.
    and ..........................they would be out at the next election.
    Oh cynical me
    Your correct Mikee, NZ is run on major decisions are based on vote catching and keeping the numbers to stay in power to the detriment of the NZ tax payer. We just have the wrong system. AOs making their own rules and being warned today NOT to do anything about laying an official complaint because of repercussions I could suffer concerns me!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

i'm a member of NZDA so have automatic personal Liability Insurance
    mikee likes this.
    Hunting is relaxing just like Yoga except I get to kill something.
    If it Flies it dies and if it hops it drops.

PS Merry Christmas everyone
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BobGibson View Post
    PS Merry Christmas everyone
    And to you and the rest of those now online

Off to Perth on sunday for three weeks. Any forum members live in Perth and want to catch up?

Quote Originally Posted by BobGibson View Post
    Off to Perth on sunday for three weeks. Any forum members live in Perth and want to catch up?
    That's home for me, can l stole away in you suitcases, won't fit in just one !!!! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    I don't really care what the action is, semi, pump, bolt, single, or some combination of all three. Trying to ban something because PNHQ or the bullshit castle in Wellington doesn't like it is a pisstake and an abuse of power.

I would be pretty pissed off if someone decided to ban 4x4's because they are over-represented in the crash statistics. Next they will be trying to ban blond, blue eyed babies - no wait it was everything but blond, blue eyed babies wasn't it? And we all know how that turned out...

One of the biggest problems with this country is no constitution and no bill of rights - and I believe there exists a UN resolution stating that NZ should adopt one. Not of interest, our beloved leaders would rather adopt UN arms ammendments...

As far as the AR15's, how many of those have been used in shooting incidents/accidents in NZ (apart from Police fire and/or military accidents)? It's not the type of firearm involved, as the Police unfortunately discovered a precharge air rifle can be lethal in the wrong hands. Maybe they would be better off spending their efforts improving the mental health service, inter-agency operations and screening and training for licensed firearms owners... So far it seems to be bad policy followed by bad policy et al. I guess they need to be seen to "do something" to justify their salaries???
    There was a case in the news recently where a guy shot his ex and her man friend. Apparently he had a few AR15's stored at various locations. The signal to noise ratio was very high in the report, but from what I read it sounds like he killed them with a 10/22.

Today I spoke to a chap I know who is in COLFO and SSANZ, apparently there is no word yet one what exactly is happening. Apparently the Police want to crack down on AR-15 lowers being imported under A-cat, and then being transferred to E-cat. A buddy of mine has registered several A-cat rifles as E-cat and then sold them, in the past few years, and he got an angry email from a local arms officer saying he ought not to be doing it, as in theory they should be for personal use, not to sell. It wouldn't surprise me if we will eventually be required to have an E-cat endorsement to import any AR lower (or perhaps any part for a semi-auto), just like importers now need the same paperwork as for real handguns if they want to bring in 'realistic' airsoft and air rifles to sell. I disagree with some things Natatale and others have been saying, but we are all shooters and we need to stick together. I was very upset a few weeks ago at the range when I heard a service rifle shooter saying some very disparaging things about small bore shooting, along the lines of "How can you miss, it's only 20m? It's so boring". You can bet there are small bore shooters who think MSSA's are dangerous and only nutjobs would want them. But we all need to stand up for our sport as a whole. It reminds me of that quote by that pastor in WW2, except instead it will be:

"First they came for the machineguns, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a collector.

Then they came for the pistols, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a pistol shooter.

Then they came for the MSSA's, and I did not speak out—
    Because I don't like military weapons.

Then they came for my rifle, and there was no one left to speak for me."

If push comes to shove I will also be making a donation to legal fees for the cause. In the meantime; don't panic until we know more, and Merry Christmas.
    veitnamcam, madjon_, mikee and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    There was a case in the news recently where a guy shot his ex and her man friend. Apparently he had a few AR15's stored at various locations. The signal to noise ratio was very high in the report, but from what I read it sounds like he killed them with a 10/22.
    You mean this?
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...irearms-24158/

Quote Originally Posted by jim160 View Post
    And we digress from the original topic.
    We will have to wait and see what happens and be prepared to act on what the police say is going to happen. We can consider possible scenarios and prepare for them.

Everyone knows that aside from Aromoana and Napier, and maybe the odd other one, firearms have had little involvement in homicides. Knives and other weapons seem to be the choice.

So let's use this as a way of brainstorming of how we can deal with whatever may happen.

My thoughts anyway.
    jim -you may want to throw stephen anderson ;raurimu massacre 6dead 12g shottyand oct 1941 stan graham kowhitiranga west coast 7dead assorted b/a firearms into the pot as well.

Natatale -Krameranzacs courtcase reference;

R Lincoln vs NZ POLICE -Judgement Justice Mallon J palmerston north high court. googl;e it .The document itself from memory runs to 33 pages-but the essence of it and our learned judge leav es noone in any doubt is exactly what role police play in the firearms arena!TO put it bluntly she gives em a bloody good boot in the gunga.