Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Nightforce scope issue

The seller will honour the warranty, so all good with that regard. Still a bit of a piss off though having to wait for it to go back...

kj

I wouldn't have imagined you would have needed to wait. If it failed out of the box I would be returning it for an immediate replacement. Failing that a full refund

It would be different if you'd had it 6 months and then it started playing up. Then I'd cop the wait till they serviced it but not brand new. Thats not on
    veitnamcam and Matt2308 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead is better View Post
    I wouldn't have imagined you would have needed to wait. If it failed out of the box I would be returning it for an immediate replacement. Failing that a full refund

It would be different if you'd had it 6 months and then it started playing up. Then I'd cop the wait till they serviced it but not brand new. Thats not on
    That's true mate fully agree with this as he paid for a brand new nightforce to use now not when it's fixed and why should it become his problem to wait for it to be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Dead is better View Post

I think he has forgotten to mention it wasnt purchased in New Zealand , He may be sending it back to where he purchased it from to get it sorted hence the 'wait' . Any faults with new out of the box product purchased in New Zealand would be sorted straight away .
    7mmsaum, camo wsm, BRADS and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Looseunit View Post
    I think he has forgotten to mention it wasnt purchased in New Zealand , He may be sending it back to where he purchased it from to get it sorted hence the 'wait' . Any faults with new out of the box product purchased in New Zealand would be sorted straight away .
    Correct, that is one disadvantage of purchasing from abroad. However the warranty is still covered and the scope was only $1790AUD so about half what we pay for them here in NZ.

After talking to the Australian distributor it seams they get a few returns each year, but they weren't concerned as the warranty on them is second to none apparently so the issue will be fixed at no cost, other than time and a little dicking around posting it back - which you'd have to do in rural NZ anyway.

So should all be sorted in a week or two. Still a little disappointed with their QC though from a company that trades on a reputation for reliability.

Kj

at $1790 AUD exchanged at .90 with gst is about $2300 NZD . its not quite the half of the $2799 they are here . and thats without freight . I will be interested in hearing the test result of the scope as we see very very little problems with them . I Offered for him to send it to us for sorting but I guess he chose to send it back to Australia.

I brought mine locally to avoid this sending back hassle, haven't needed to yet
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by kimjon View Post
    I've just finished helping out a mate who purchased a brand new 25.06 Tikka T3 and a Nightforce 3-15 scope.

We both struggled to get a 3'' group at 50m!!!! So I took the scope off and put on a spare 2-7x33 Leupold VX1 I had laying around and gave it a go...one ragged hole! Now you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out that the brand new NF scope is a total lemon. For a scope that cost >$3K and had a QA sticker on it - it all just seams a little shit.

Is this a common thing or did he get the only NF in history to be a lemon?

kj
    Just recieved said scope today 25/02/2014 for it to go back to Nightforce , As we do with any optics complaint we mounted it to Tracy's 6mmPPC Benchrest gun as it is a known shooter with good rings and took it to the range.
    as you can see the first shot after mounting was high , adjusted the scope down and continued with 5 follow up shots . Dont have to be a rocket scientist to see theres nothing wrong with the scope.
    May we suggest looking at the mounts / and or the nut behind the butt . better still send the rifle down and we will mount the thing properly and sight in for him.

Is that 5 shots through one hole?
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Is that 5 shots through one hole?
    yes that is JoshC , Shot off good rests front and back with a good rifle/ammo and SCOPE and by a half decent shooter

yes that is JoshC , Shot off good rests front and back with a good rifle/ammo and SCOPE and by a half decent shooter
    Very nice
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

at $1790 AUD exchanged at .90 with gst is about $2300 NZD . its not quite the half of the $2799 they are here . and thats without freight . I will be interested in hearing the test result of the scope as we see very very little problems with them . I Offered for him to send it to us for sorting but I guess he chose to send it back to Australia.
    Genuine interest, apart from freight…… why the extra $499 NZD over and above the AUD price?
    21% price increase by your figures.

nightforce give us a recommended retail price to use , we also have freight costs . We cant control what other countries sell for , the US for instance are so competitive they sell on low margin and high volume and sell direct to the end user , In NZ we cannot do the volume to work like that , as we also have a wholesale margin in there for the odd shop that wants to sell them.
    mikee likes this.

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    You might have the only Nightforce in the history of man that's a lemon.

Sounds like the scope is good
    Looseunit, Toby and BRADS like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

nightforce give us a recommended retail price to use , we also have freight costs . We cant control what other countries sell for , the US for instance are so competitive they sell on low margin and high volume and sell direct to the end user , In NZ we cannot do the volume to work like that , as we also have a wholesale margin in there for the odd shop that wants to sell them.
    I also work for a distributor. Our entire yearly order for all models (and we sell a lot) is just under what a large us retail chain store (basspro) sells of a single model in a single month. Obviously they get a better "volume discount"
    It would be cheaper for me to buy one of our products online and ship it here as Basspro's retail price is less than our buy price

I brought my own Nightforce locally "just in case", god forbid it should ever break, I would prefer to have someone local to yell at
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.