Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Opinions on accuracy

My old black powder guns shoot better than that! Pre 1900 drain pipe for barrels, you need a refund
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Ejected
    What region you in? Maybe someone on here could cast a eye over it? There's a few knowledgeable and good bastards on here
    BRADS, Maca49 and Scouser like this.

It possibly may have been spot on for him. I feel sorry for the animals he was shooting at then

Im a realist - or as my wife always says - Im too laid back and cruisey. This is why I didnt mind spending a little bit trying to get it to shoot right - the worlds not perfect. But this guys lack of good will and integrity has annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    What region you in? Maybe someone on here could cast a eye over it? There's a few knowledgeable and good bastards on here
    Sunny ol Marlborough

What sort of solution are you looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grunta View Post
    It possibly may have been spot on for him. I feel sorry for the animals he was shooting at then

Im a realist - or as my wife always says - Im too laid back and cruisey. This is why I didnt mind spending a little bit trying to get it to shoot right - the worlds not perfect. But this guys lack of good will and integrity has annoyed me.
    Fair enough as well
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Hi mate, definitely fair enough.
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    What sort of solution are you looking for?

Something that is semi accurate or a purchase price refund.

I gave him the option of taking it back and looking at it but he wont.

When I was selling a brno zk601 in a .243 earlier in the year I clearly stated that it had a wee bit of pitting in the barrel and I hadn't put a singke shot done the tube so I didnt know how it shot. Thats pretty clear cut. I could've said it had some rust pits but still shot good enough - but why bullshit? When I sell something ill make sure its description is exactly what it is. If not ill sort it out. Simple business ethics.
    gadgetman, BRADS, Happy and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunta View Post
    Something that is semi accurate or a purchase price refund.

I gave him the option of taking it back and looking at it but he wont.

When I was selling a brno zk601 in a .243 earlier in the year I clearly stated that it had a wee bit of pitting in the barrel and I hadn't put a singke shot done the tube so I didnt know how it shot. Thats pretty clear cut. I could've said it had some rust pits but still shot good enough - but why bullshit? When I sell something ill make sure its description is exactly what it is. If not ill sort it out. Simple business ethics.
    Agree. But not everyone has the same ethics unfortunately
    Beaker likes this.

The term accurate differs between your opinions, you've now modified rifle since the purchase, its 2nd hand off trade me so he can only give you a description of how it shoots to the best of his knowledge. If hes a private trader I rekon you might not get anywhere with it. Not trying to have a go at you or anything, Its just my opinion. I do hope it goes well for you.

People today have had "goodwill and integrity" bred out of them.

At the risk of appearing a total twat, you have had someone else shoot it just in case its you.

My 6.5SAUM bounces all over the place like a patron in a B&D parlour being whipped if you don't pay attention when you shoot it (groups accordingly) and use the unsupported forend technique which is all de-rigor today(unbraked and using a bipod).

but actually if you pay attention and hold that foreend it shoots quite well, 1/2 inch or less which a bit of practise on my part
    Maca49 likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    The term accurate differs between your opinions, you've now modified rifle since the purchase, its 2nd hand off trade me so he can only give you a description of how it shoots to the best of his knowledge. If hes a private trader I rekon you might not get anywhere with it. Not trying to have a go at you or anything, Its just my opinion. I do hope it goes well for you.

All Good - I know your not having a go - it's always good hearing others opinions. I haven't given my opinion of what I term of being "very accurate" yet I believe? Could be wrong? I've classed as whats not accurate. i've stated that I would settle for 2" consistant groups. But thats just me being soft theres and act called the Contractual Remedies Act that does have some weight behind it when you purchase something that is not as it was described as - even with private traders. I may not get anywhere with the dispute tribunal but if nothing else comes out of it other than he describes goods he sells in the future more accurately (no pun intended) then I'm happy with that. I've got a very young family at home so I can't afford to go running of testing loads willy nilly, nor spend money like I've got a money tree. To test loads takes out half of a day not including rifle cleaning.

I think we've covered what accuracy one would expect from a custom built rifle describe as very accurate. I wouldn't even describe my main shooter as very accurate and it'll print groups from 1.2" to 3 " - generally averaging 2" at 300yds. Its an accurate rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    People today have had "goodwill and integrity" bred out of them.

At the risk of appearing a total twat, you have had someone else shoot it just in case its you.

My 6.5SAUM bounces all over the place like a patron in a B&D parlour being whipped if you don't pay attention when you shoot it (groups accordingly) and use the unsupported forend technique which is all de-rigor today(unbraked and using a bipod).

but actually if you pay attention and hold that foreend it shoots quite well, 1/2 inch or less which a bit of practise on my part

Yeah had someone else shoot it - but still the same. It's a soft shooter compared to my .270 and has a better trigger so If I can shoot my no 1 well enough I expect I can do the same to my new shitter. I've always struggled with the forend hold (on my rifle anyway). Just seems unnautural to this gumpy bugger. haha
    Last edited by Grunta; 19-05-2015 at 10:33 PM.

if as you say "you've always struggled with forend hold" you may well have found your problem/solution
    the new toy might be a jumpy bitch that needs a firm hand on the reins.....
    as the mouse said "its worth a crack Nigel...Nigel........"

It's a 6mm rem so I doubt it's gonna need a firm hold.
    BRADS likes this.

its worth a crack Nigel...Nigel........hahaha that brings back memories... man I'm getting old!!