Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Opinions on accuracy

if someone said its very accurate id expect max 1 min groups. that would be allowing me time to get used to the gun and how to shoot it. would hope to improve a little as i got used to it. Ive had a similar problem with a truck i sold and let the guy take it before paying. never saw the $. went through small courts. got nothing for it. still pissed and that was 6 yrs ago. Throw the book and maybe rifle at him i say>
    good luck.

ebf
    @Grunta, pls explain (in detail) exactly what base you are shooting this rifle from when testing.

position : prone, bench, offhand

underlying support : concrete bench, flimsy wood table, ground

front rest : bag, bipod, hand-held

rear rest : bag, nothing ?
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

@Grunta when you get a sec can you check the twist rate plz im still thinking it may be an early 6mmrem twist for light bullets
    heres how https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq8DM6Do72A could use masking tape or what ever dosn't have to be what he says

heres an easyer to understand way
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdoCNZBlRGQ

Quote Originally Posted by Grunta View Post
    Something that is semi accurate or a purchase price refund.

I gave him the option of taking it back and looking at it but he wont.

When I was selling a brno zk601 in a .243 earlier in the year I clearly stated that it had a wee bit of pitting in the barrel and I hadn't put a singke shot done the tube so I didnt know how it shot. Thats pretty clear cut. I could've said it had some rust pits but still shot good enough - but why bullshit? When I sell something ill make sure its description is exactly what it is. If not ill sort it out. Simple business ethics.
    Ah but there are more than a few on TM that have none and sell absolutely worn out crap.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

"I gave him the option of taking it back and looking at it but he wont." The thing is I did this with what turned out to be a worn out LB 303 and the guy then claimed he'd spent the money on "medical bills" and couldn't pay me. Where you come unstuck is with the disputes tribunal its about a dispute and not a debt as I found out when I tried to lodge a claim against him, I couldnt.

Check the twist rate, are the holes round in the paper assuming you hit it ?

It doesn't matter what brand the barrel is if its been abused or its worn out.

Bring it over with everything if you are over this way.

Hard luck...hope it goes well for you. Let us know.

I'm way too paranoid to buy a rifle off trademe. A shotgun maybe (millimeter accuracy is less important).

Would depend what you paid for it, but i'd want MOA accuracy from that description. And if you paid a lot then i'd want better...

I am just always thinking why would anyone sell a really accurate rifle. I know I never would unless my financial situation got so bad I needed the cash to pay bills, etc. And if I did, I would include pictures of groupings and the ammo used, etc, and the group sizes that could be expected of it in the add.

I'm a bit of a skeptic though!
    veitnamcam and zimmer like this.

Did you check the rifling twist? That barrel might be 244 Remington :-) I mean it might like short bullets.
    Try the light weight end of the 6 mm range, like a 68 gr or 75 gr flat base hollow point. If these don't shoot then yes you have a bad barrel.
    260rem likes this.

Sorry for the late response guys - been one of those days.
    @ebf shooting is how I normally test my loads with my rifles - bipod up front and I replicate my day bag under the butt. Im 100% confident its not a teqnique issue. Its a puppy compared to the .270. I shoot from the same spot each time pretty much.
    @rambo-6mmrem - twist rate is either 1 in 10 or 1 in 9 so should handle 90 - 95 grain pills but have tried lighter projectiles. All the reloaded ammo and factory ammo supplied by the guy was 100gr so if it was - and i now dislike this word haha - "very accurate" and the twist was wrong id hate to know how accurate it is with lighter projectiles? Super doper fragilistically accurate! Will view the youtube clip and report back - cheers for your help via pm too - good info
    @Kiwi Greg - cheers man. I visit dirty ol Nelson every now and again so will give a tinkle.
    @Friwi - Good point - I did massive research after the first round of test shooting and learnt a quite a bit about the il 6mm rem. Its more modern than the .244 saga so at worst it'll have a 1 in 10" twist.

And to everyone else - appreciate the comments and feedback

Forgot to add to the above guys @robhughes-games and @steven with your guys cases - sucks when things are so clear cut and the system rules against. I don't understand the way the law works and I dont try as it seems one rule for some, another for others and then if you have a bit of coin - then another rule comes into play or if I just had a hit of my crack pipe and ran someone over thn slit her throat but I didnt mean to therfore its not my fault rule.......it goes on and on sadly. When I take this to the disputes and if I loose I'll take it on the chin and move on.

Would it be disputes tribunal or small claims court?

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Would it be disputes tribunal or small claims court?
    Its the same thing from my understanding. The disputes was called small claims.
    GravelBen likes this.

My understanding is 'small claims" no longer exists it is now the disputes tribunal. However I think the small claims could include debt? the disputes tribunal does not. So in my case I sent the gun back and the guy said sorry I cant refund the money, have a nice day, so I got fsked over.

Some good info here about disputes tribunal etc https://www.consumer.org.nz/articles/auctions
    gadgetman likes this.