Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Optics planet order cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    They won't export scopes either.

Recently ordered a scope from them that is unobtainable in NZ. They charged my Visa for the scope pus US$56 freight then told me the order was cancelled due to ITAR restrictions. Haven't refunded my Visa after four days and I'm currently NZ$963 out of pocket. My advice is to stay well away from them.
    that sucks I had nothing but excellent prompt service from them, I was impressed with the steps to verify my credit card details to make sure I was who I said I was. they are really cagey about credit card fraud left no stone unturned before processing my payment.
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    that sucks I had nothing but excellent prompt service from them, I was impressed with the steps to verify my credit card details to make sure I was who I said I was. they are really cagey about credit card fraud left no stone unturned before processing my payment.
    All good Mucko. They refunded the money after a week. Might have been Visa as Glycerine said.

Most U.S. scope retailers are banning scope exports that aren't even on the ITAR list.

Just had an order from optics planet cancelled for rcbs reloading gear. Got an email after the sales went through to say they can't export that manufacturers products.

tried to order Sig Sauer red dots, cancelled...
    now the wait till moneys refunded so I can try again with something else...

anybody bought halosun from optics planet?

Quote Originally Posted by Plinky View Post
    Just had an order from optics planet cancelled for rcbs reloading gear. Got an email after the sales went through to say they can't export that manufacturers products.
    A few years back I was trying to order a bunch of things from the states, was trying to get everything from a single retailer to save on shipping.
    Two of the items I was after were some ear plugs and some Burris rings, one store I tried were restricted from exporting the Burris rings but were fine with the ear plugs and another could ship the rings but the ear plugs were restricted.

The rules are absolute madness and every company is different, it pays not to try understand them just try find a place that is willing and able to ship what you want at the time.
    The Rifle Scope Store and Natchez Shooter Supplies are both very good to deal with.

Thankfully quite a few NZ retailers are selling items at reasonable prices now, so the need to import is getting less and less.

Find out who the usa /canadian based members are and ask them to help, i buy a few things from the usa and canada this way and the freight is much much cheaper. Can get most items this way. Also pays to join up with a few usa hunting / gun sites as thats another way to make new buddies. Just dont ask them to put their asses on the line doing anything illegal as the concequences for them is federal jailtime.
    Check out post #10 as an example. https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....talking-38378/

Im heading over to the usa in march thanks to the ultra cheap flights around right now, $600 return means you dont have to buy a heck of a lot to virtually get a free trip. Just going to mail some of the stuff from over there.Not going to even try with anything that might get me a free holiday in Club Federal. But most optics and gun parts etc are fine, its the shops themselves that are making it unnecessarily hard to buy items.

Been thinking recently of starting up a personal shopping service a couple of times a year sending stuff back from the usa. The demand is certainly there.
    StagDown likes this.
    Guy Fawks the only man to enter parliament with the interests of the people in mind

I discovered something interesting. Brought my Kimber Hunter .280 AI through Serious Shooters in Auckland because Hunting and Fishing in Napier couldn't be arsed helping me out. Honestly, took the guy at Serious Shooters less than a minute to ring the supplier (I was in the shop when he did so). The knob at hunting and fishing never got back to me despite me ringing 3 times to chase them.

Anyway, the Kimber when it arrived from the supplier had free talley rings. However buying the same rifle from H&F, I was told rings would be extra...

...a mate of mine who use to work there told me that H&F sell the rings separately

Not surprising that many choose to buy stuff from overseas when retail shops love to shaft you.
    xtightg likes this.

Oppps, I see this is a two year old post!!...................Me too, last night. ordered scope to be delivered to friend in Kentucky and got the 20 questions as to what my intensions are and did I have an export permit.
    Last edited by ihmsakiwi; 04-04-2019 at 08:08 PM.