Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: In praise of Gun City

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    There some real glass half empty comments here.

I've never had any trouble with Gun City. Good service in Wellington. If they are too expensive I go somewhere else and they can't bull shit me because I know what I want and why I want it.

I wonder how many lives were saved for free in the Waikato Hospital on the day that you got the run around oneipete? Sure, no one likes shit service, but keep it in perspective.
    You are one grouchy dude - but I find myself agreeing with more of your comments: good to keep things in perspective - thanks. (But I will say that if our health system were funded accordingly, service would be measurably better......let us know how service is for you if you are ever unfortunate enough to end up on a waiting list...)
    Tahr likes this.

In my capacity as an ambulance officer, I interact with the emergency department at Waikato fairly regularly, and they're awesome people doing a really good job. Sadly, they're also quite frequently operating beyond their capacity, and shouldering the overflow from other departments. They certainly need more funding, and for fewer people to clog up the system with alcohol-related injuries.

Forgot to mention, there were also a couple of Fruit Bursts in the Gun City parcel that arrived today.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    There some real glass half empty comments here.

I've never had any trouble with Gun City. Good service in Wellington. If they are too expensive I go somewhere else and they can't bull shit me because I know what I want and why I want it.

I wonder how many lives were saved for free in the Waikato Hospital on the day that you got the run around oneipete? Sure, no one likes shit service, but keep it in perspective.
    I've been a regular at Waikato hospital since 2013, can't complain about the service I've received.
    Solo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Really..i find it amusing that you singing the praise of Gun City because they stuffed up and sent you the wrong product Wouldnt call that customer service, just another stuff up being sent the wrong product. Ok, maybe they were out of stock, they should of informed you and offered a replacement than just send something which isnt what you ordered.
    More mucking around contacting them and wasting your time getting it sorted. The LEAST they can do is do what they did, so i suppose thats a good fix so good on them but the end of the day you ordered something, they sent the wrong stuff, equals poor service to me, more hassle contacting them etc etc.
    Only good thing is they have tried to fixed it, crawled up your arse to make you happy....suppose thats service
    Mess ups happen. It is how they are dealt with that determines 'service' in my books.
    308, northdude, timattalon and 3 others like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    You are one grouchy dude - but I find myself agreeing with more of your comments: good to keep things in perspective - thanks. (But I will say that if our health system were funded accordingly, service would be measurably better......let us know how service is for you if you are ever unfortunate enough to end up on a waiting list...)
    I've never thought of myself as being grouchy. But I guess if you don't write shit, you should be able to avoid most of it

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    I think GC brought the client list from the "cross dressers are us ' website.
    No I got banned from that site for being to flamboyant 😆

Must be PNZ as I am the contact for my club. Not PNZ fault at all.

It is the only place it is listed that I can think of. And I would say they used it for their advertising. I have an obligation to pass it on to club members but I am not happy about how they went about it, if that's in fact how they did it. It was an advert specifically for pistol club prices.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Beaker likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Must have got it from a national website like PNZ
    Personally I'd be very surprised if this was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Mess ups happen. It is how they are dealt with that determines 'service' in my books.
    Fair enough, but still, end of day they sent the wrong stuff. What they going to do?Dont have any so have to refund the money,pretty standard. Only thing "spec "about this is they said keep the paste. If not, the punter has the hassle of sending it back, Gun City paid the freight, not talking a forture for the product so makes sense.
    No real service here that most retailers prob wouldnt do. The ones that sent the right product from the start or informed you they out and would you like this instead is the real service.
    Just saying theres nothing to jump over the moon about here.
    Good service would be that they know they have it in stock if adversting it for sale or inform you straight away its not.
    Sending something as as a replacement instead isnt great service, and refunding your money is YOUR right.... just saying. (only saying keep it is decent, and cant argue there but saves them freight and the hassle for the customer of sending it back,)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Gun city have always matched or bettered a competitors price when I've been there why buy from GC and not the competitor well gun city was open and they weren't
    I went into the Christchurch Gun City shop a couple of years ago looking at a big Leupold scope.

They wouldn't drop their price, let alone match the price advertised by Reloaders Supplies for the exact same model. Even after I pointed out I could fly to Auckland, get a taxi from the airport to Reloaders and fly back to Christchurch and still pay less than at Gun City. The price difference was that much. Several hundred dollars.

In the end I got it couriered from Reloaders.

The only time I go into Gun City now is to remind myself why I don't go there.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    Personally I'd be very surprised if this was the case.
    It was an advert for ammo supplied cheap to pistol clubs. PNZ is the only place where my email is listed that I am aware of. Not PNZ fault at all, but obviously they used PNZ to advertise.

I have an obligation to pass the email on to club memebers but I am not happy how they went about it.

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Fair enough, but still, end of day they sent the wrong stuff. What they going to do?Dont have any so have to refund the money,pretty standard. Only thing "spec "about this is they said keep the paste. If not, the punter has the hassle of sending it back, Gun City paid the freight, not talking a forture for the product so makes sense.
    No real service here that most retailers prob wouldnt do. The ones that sent the right product from the start or informed you they out and would you like this instead is the real service.
    Just saying theres nothing to jump over the moon about here.
    Good service would be that they know they have it in stock if adversting it for sale or inform you straight away its not.
    Sending something as as a replacement instead isnt great service, and refunding your money is YOUR right.... just saying. (only saying keep it is decent, and cant argue there but saves them freight and the hassle for the customer of sending it back,)
    But they sorted the issue quickly, which the others have not done, from the OP.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    I went into the Christchurch Gun City shop a couple of years ago looking at a big Leupold scope.

They wouldn't drop their price, let alone match the price advertised by Reloaders Supplies for the exact same model. Even after I pointed out I could fly to Auckland, get a taxi from the airport to Reloaders and fly back to Christchurch and still pay less than at Gun City. The price difference was that much. Several hundred dollars.

When they have there sale's they can end up slightly cheaper on ammo. There not my first choice but they are open all week which can be handy.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    It was an advert for ammo supplied cheap to pistol clubs. PNZ is the only place where my email is listed that I am aware of. Not PNZ fault at all, but obviously they used PNZ to advertise.

I have an obligation to pass the email on to club members but I am not happy how they went about it.
    Ahh, that's a slightly different set of circumstances then.

Zap an email to Phil, it does become a slippery slop if this becomes a regular thing.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    Ahh, that's a slightly different set of circumstances then.

Zap an email to Phil, it does become a slippery slop if this becomes a regular thing.
    That would be the right idea but in this case I dont think bothering Phill would help as I am the listed contact for our club. We have not yet got a club email sorted since I have been secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post

I have a very similar experience. Went to GC hamilton, they did not have the rifle in the caliber I wanted and were $50 more expensive than Reloaders. They had one in the Auckland branch but would not match the price, he said there was not enough margin for price match and postage. So I got it from Reloaders, posted for free. I also had a bit of a debacle involving a broken rifle that involved me visiting them about 6 or 7 times to get them to move along the process. I still go there but only to try holding a gun I can buy somewhere cheaper with free postage, and I do buy a bit of ammo there as the price difference for me is usually worth the convinience with the volume I buy.

In saying that the staff there are friendly and often have helpful suggestion on what to buy.