Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: In praise of Gun City

Quote Originally Posted by Solo View Post
    I see Gun City getting a bit of abuse around here from time to time, so I thought I would share today's positive experience.

I've been ordering a fair few bits of gear online in preparation for when my FAL comes through (and so I have stuff to play with til then). As the packages have been arriving, an alarmingly high rate of incorrect products has been coming out of them. Today I got one from Gun City with exactly this issue. I'd ordered Frog Lube liquid, they sent paste by mistake. I contacted them about it, and within a few minutes have been told to keep the paste, that they're very sorry, but are all out of the liquid, and that they've refunded my money.

sounds just like when they purposely changed my order and didn't tell me. I ordered a jw 15 with over barrel suppressor which are very short and a suitably short case for it as well as a bunch of other things. I went to the trouble of also writing down their product codes off their website so I made sure I got exactly what I wanted. They sent me a full length gun bag and when I contacted them they told me they choose that one because it would fit other rifles. What they didn't consider was I have a gun bag for each of my rifles already.
    The easiest and most successful thing you can do in customer service is give people what they want. If you think it needs to be changed as a customer service rep you must contact the purchaser. Making changes and just sending it is bullshit

Sent from my workbench
    deer243 and timattalon like this.
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Quote Originally Posted by smidey View Post
    sounds just like when they purposely changed my order and didn't tell me. I ordered a jw 15 with over barrel suppressor which are very short and a suitably short case for it as well as a bunch of other things. I went to the trouble of also writing down their product codes off their website so I made sure I got exactly what I wanted. They sent me a full length gun bag and when I contacted them they told me they choose that one because it would fit other rifles. What they didn't consider was I have a gun bag for each of my rifles already.
    The easiest and most successful thing you can do in customer service is give people what they want. If you think it needs to be changed as a customer service rep you must contact the purchaser. Making changes and just sending it is bullshit

Sent from my workbench
    The only things we change without telling the customer is adding stuff if we feel it needs adding, but if we run out or there is a potentially better option, we always contact the customer first, as is to be expected if I was the customer.
    deer243 likes this.

mind you if anyone would like to play in the field of forensic mental health-my job is up for taking.ive spent a decade in it(almost 25%of my 44yrs as a psychiatric nurse).
    Im off to the nirvana of NZ my homeland the glorious westcoast to take up a 12month contract in greymouth
    .!!seriously lets back the trailer up -shes a straight out fact of life
    if ya dont like wtf do it??ok ya dont like guncity -jesus wept the local gunshop will still accept your money or credit card -theyre not interested if you wiped your mutts bum on it or your foreskin after a workout -to them its money -makes thew world go round ,pays wages etcetcetc!

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    the further up the management chain people are the more detached from reality, and more self entitlement to their undeserved wages they become. Dont worry, the peasants will revolt over this shit soon
    My wife is a ICU nurse at waikato hospital,so i know all about the issues with the management there.Its not the frontline staff, nurses,doctors etc i have an issue with,its the blase management that simply dont care about the patients or the staff.

I just didnt appreciate having to stand for over 4 hours,purely to fill in a form with basic info they already had.Not when i was in that amount of pain.
    Guy Fawks the only man to enter parliament with the interests of the people in mind

MSL
    What ended up being the cause of the pain?

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    The only things we change without telling the customer is adding stuff if we feel it needs adding, but if we run out or there is a potentially better option, we always contact the customer first, as is to be expected if I was the customer.
    I assume you work at gun city? If so what I stated above is exactly what happened. I returned the bag and was sent the one I ordered and should have been sent in the first place. Since them I've spent heaps on this sport and none of it with gun city because of the way the sale went

Sent from my workbench

Quote Originally Posted by smidey View Post
    I assume you work at gun city? If so what I stated above is exactly what happened. I returned the bag and was sent the one I ordered and should have been sent in the first place. Since them I've spent heaps on this sport and none of it with gun city because of the way the sale went

Sent from my workbench
    Very wrong assumption.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Very wrong assumption.
    ok cool, lucky him