Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Recommendations on precision 22lr

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    I might be wrong here but don’t forget stock and friend shape in relation to how you determine accuracy. If you want to shoot tiny weeny groups over a BR on bags then some stocks are better than others.

I have a 1710 Silhouette that can shoot a very small group. But shooting 5 or 10 the same is more difficult with it than my m78 that has a square friend. Same with model 2’s.

A purpose designed stock or chassis system should be better for precision shooting?

I’m going to grab a Lithgow for Christmas and test my theory.
    In my quest for a precision 22 I tried a 17 series Anschutz. Beautiful rifle and the price was good (second hand) but stock was asbismal for my intended style of shooting for it - mostly bench. The schnabel forend was useless in any of my front bags. The hogs back was also hopeless plus the underside of the rear stock never tracked on my rear bag. I returned it to its owner. If I had bought it it would have just resided in my safe as a pretty safe queen.

My Lithgow shoots groups just as good as the Anschutz.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    The schnabel forend was useless in any of my front bags. The hogs back was also hopeless plus the underside of the rear stock never tracked on my rear bag.
    Zimmer....I'm having exactly the same issue with my Weihrauch HW60J. The 3 groove Benchmark just reeks potential but I can't control it consistently in any sort of rest. A mob called FORM in the UK do a decent laminated stock with a Weihrauch inlet which I think would work well for me. I've been trying to get my hands on one for some time with no joy!

Micky Duck likes this.

@CamB my browning tbolt is accurate as F.

It keeps up with the Vudu 22 at the last match and is nearly as fast to shoot as the semis.

The old man was running a Ruger American and it was plenty accurate.

Ideally you want a rail instead or bases instead of a dove to, but you can get FX No Limit rings for dovetail in 1” 30mm and 34mm. They tilt forward so you can get lots of cant out of them.

That with a decent FFP scope, good Ammo that your rifle prefers and 2x 10 shot mags is all you need
    Warm Barrels!