Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: Required to justify the number of firearms you own?

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Now all you need to do is introduce the meat damage / trauma question into the discussion with technical input around the faster smaller vs slower larger calibre and like my wife, she will begrudgingly accept that you really do have insufficient firearms for the active pursuit of your interests.
    Absolutely Rushy. Half the idea behind getting the offspring into shooting is that it made a good excuse to double up on things. And with a couple of lefties in there I can nigh on triple the collection.
    Steve123 likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Absolutely Rushy. Half the idea behind getting the offspring into shooting is that it made a good excuse to double up on things. And with a couple of lefties in there I can nigh on triple the collection.
    How deep do you want to be buried when the missus sees that post?!
    Sideshow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    How deep do you want to be buried when the missus sees that post?!
    She's to 'busy' with the news click-bait sites.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

She's to 'busy' with the news click-bait sites.
    Glad I'm not the only one. She sends me click bait of cats and hedgehogs and I'm here thinking to myself if i see one in the bush they're getting a 308 sent their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one. She sends me click bait of cats and hedgehogs and I'm here thinking to myself if i see one in the bush they're getting a 308 sent their way.
    That is terrible. Using a 308 on cats? I only use the 223 on them usually. You're right, it's terrible, I need to take something bigger. Now what should I get?

That is terrible. Using a 308 on cats? I only use the 223 on them usually. You're right, it's terrible, I need to take something bigger. Now what should I get?
    Well I'm only planning on getting a 22 and a big Centre fire as I'm an apprentice so not heaps of money to get a whole lot of different calibers.

450 bushmaster.

A mate shot a cat with a 22.250 and it "sloshed" as we picked it up.Maybe just the right amount of inner trauma
    gadgetman and Sideshow like this.

Well I'm only planning on getting a 22 and a big Centre fire as I'm an apprentice so not heaps of money to get a whole lot of different calibers.

450 bushmaster.
    Yeah right..................

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBoosh View Post
    i was explaining to the mrs last night why you can't use a rimfire for ducks or large game, why you can't (in my situation) use a shotgun for rabbits or large game and why you can't use a large calibre centrefire for rabbits or ducks. she looked quite bored by the end of it, but i think i'm wearing her down
    Mine's that busy running the kids to sports, training for ultra marathons and studying for a BSc that she hasn't a clue lol. If she notices somethings new I just say I was feeling lonely and needed cheering up.
    MB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Yeah right..................
    Well. That's the initial plan. Yah never know. I saw a carcano carbine for 300 bucks. It's very tempting.
    Steve123 likes this.

Well. That's the initial plan. Yah never know. I saw a carcano carbine for 300 bucks. It's very tempting.
    And thus it starts .
    Then you might see a Mauser. Then a Lee Enfield and why not a Mosin. Then ya think hey I'd like some of the various different varieties of each...........

Sent from my SM-A510Y using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by clickbang View Post
    And thus it starts .
    Then you might see a Mauser. Then a Lee Enfield and why not a Mosin. Then ya think hey I'd like some of the various different varieties of each...........

Sent from my SM-A510Y using Tapatalk
    Then something bigger, something smaller, something newer, something borrowed, something blued, ... Whoops! Almost heading down an even more expensive line there.

Then something bigger, something smaller, something newer, something borrowed, something blued, ... Whoops! Almost heading down an even more expensive line there.
    No, I think you're heading down the right lines.......it is a marriage of kinds, just this one doesn't get upset if you fondle the one sitting beside her

Quote Originally Posted by chchben View Post
    I've have an ongoing argument with several insurer fronts over firearms, they class them as sporting equipment and even if I list them at x value all that means is I will pay a premium based on that insured value however if stolen/lost they will not replace them or pay out the insured value as sporting goods are indemnity only and not replacement.. so if you buy a $1500 tikka and never use it but list it in your insurance as $1500, and it gets knicked... you will prob get $800 then less excess.. about $600 with no option of replacement. It's insurance theft if you ask me.
    I might look into listing them as tools or costume jewellery
    This must differ between insurance companies and policies.
    I pay for and expect replacement - especially when I have listed the items with serial numbers and values.

An example from my past:
    8 years ago I rolled my ute. I had 3 bicycles on a carrier on the back.
    Car insurance didn't cover the bikes, but my household contents policy did - I got replacments not indemnity.

I expect my rifles to be similarly covered whether at home or away from home.

If your insurance only offers indemnity it is time for you to get another insurer.
    Steve123 and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    This must differ between insurance companies and policies.
    I pay for and expect replacement - especially when I have listed the items with serial numbers and values.

An example from my past:
    8 years ago I rolled my ute. I had 3 bicycles on a carrier on the back.
    Car insurance didn't cover the bikes, but my household contents policy did - I got replacments not indemnity.

I expect my rifles to be similarly covered whether at home or away from home.

If your insurance only offers indemnity it is time for you to get another insurer.
    It sounds like a court case waiting to happen.

In saying that,I changed companies for a very similar reason. Dropped ami for aa
    Steve123 likes this.