Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: Required to justify the number of firearms you own?

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Reasons
    Rifle 1- I like that one.
    Rifle 2- And that one.
    Rifle 3&4- And those two make a nice pair.
    Rifle 5-And that one is great in the bush,
    Rifle 6-And that one is better on the tops.
    Shotgun 1- I like that one.
    Shotgun 2-I like that one too.
    Shotgun 3- This one is fun to shoot,
    Rifle 7-and this one has enough recoil to remind us we are all alive.
    Rifle 8-I like the noise this one makes,
    Rifle 9- (rimfire) and that one is cheaper to shoot.
    Rifle10- The next one is my wifes favourite
    Rifle 11,12,13 and 14 - Looking after a mates ones while he is away...

etc
    etc
    etc

You forgot reason #15 “That one gets jealous of 1 and keeps 2-4 in line”
    timattalon likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Sounds like ex lovers to me? You could just use the same list
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Works for me...but jeeez,
    That's been a few passes 'round the sun...you'd be able to tool up the district!

You were one of the original contributors to this thread. Much changed in the last five

ikr
    More has changed in the past five years, concerning my hobby, than at any other time in my life,
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    If the Police are rewriting the Arms Code, it looks like the promised independent agency to administer the Act is as likely as 100,000 State homes being built and the light rail down Dominion Road running in my lifetime.
    Yeah, but not delivering light rail is something that we want, it's a stupid idea.
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Yeah, but not delivering light rail is something that we want, it's a stupid idea.
    lol LFO are not a hive mind. I'd personally love decent light rail at an affordable price with decent times and efficiency.
    Cyclops likes this.

lol, that should be jokes thread... you know it's the government, right?
    Light rail down dominion road is insane

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Light rail down dominion road is insane
    I will go out on a limb and suggest that fewer Aucklanders use public commuter transport than those who have caught Covid-19. Those that do should get a Dodge Ram or Chevrolet Silverado and drive to work. Ha ha ha ha
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    lol LFO are not a hive mind. I'd personally love decent light rail at an affordable price with decent times and efficiency.
    Out of interest - are you a user of the existing rail network? If you were looking for affordable price, decent times and efficiency I suggest that the current network fails in all your stated measures - and any additions to the existing will suffer the same faults and foibles. The rest of the country couldn't give a fat rat's arse either.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    A bit off topic but .....

Our biggest issue with commuter transport, especially here in Chch is population density. Auckland is in a similar position but being a denser population has some advantages.

Rail works when you have larger numbers of people in one place who transport to another place regularly. Chch has a buggered central city so most people work everywhere else and live elsewhere...so we are not all at the same starting point and are not all going to the same place. As for efficiency, I used to live 25km from where I worked. If I cycle to work, it took me just over an hour on the pushbike, If I took the motorbike it took about 35 minutes, (Car was fractionally longer) If I caught the bus it took me 1 hour 15 minutes...AND the bus stopped right outside work at about the same time as I finished. IE If I biked home I would be leaving at almost the same time as the bus....... In other words for a distance of 25km I was able to match the bus for speed with a bicycle. I could understand this if the distances were different, but both are almost the same route and mostly a straight line to Woodend....The first few Ks I stayed off the main roads and would reach the junction with the bus route about the same time as the bus....From there I would pretty much take the bus route....It would pass me on the road then I would pass him at the next stop etc...

If Chch had a larger population then public transport would start to make sense. I heard one councillor state "it worked in big cities over seas so why wont it work here? " I do not think she understood or realised what city means overseas. She used the trains in New York as an example. For NY they have 16 times Chch population (8.4m) which is 1.6 times the NZ population living in an area HALF the size of Chch. So for every property in Chch that houses a family of 5, that same land space would have to contain 80 people. Ever block in the city that had 20 houses on it with about 4 or 5 people in each that houses about 90 people would need to home nearly 1500 people. They say there is a McDonalds every 100m in these cities...what they don't tell you is there are enough people living within 50 metres of that building to make that a viable business model....
    Last edited by timattalon; 19-10-2021 at 02:13 PM.
    Cyclops, Russian 22. and DemocKot like this.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Rifle 1- I like that one.
    Rifle 2- And that one.
    Rifle 3&4- And those two make a nice pair.
    Rifle 5-And that one is great in the bush,
    Rifle 6-And that one is better on the tops.
    Shotgun 1- I like that one.
    Shotgun 2-I like that one too.
    Shotgun 3- This one is fun to shoot,
    Rifle 7-and this one has enough recoil to remind us we are all alive.
    Rifle 8-I like the noise this one makes,
    Rifle 9- (rimfire) and that one is cheaper to shoot.
    Rifle10- The next one is my wifes favourite
    Rifle 11,12,13 and 14 - Looking after a mates ones while he is away...

etc
    etc
    etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Times have changed...I forgot 15-45 as the rifles my mates own while they await Police to finish renewing their licenses......

Good thing that that has had a common sense response and has been fixed....for the moment.
    Cyclops likes this.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

lol, that should be jokes thread... you know it's the government, right?
    how else do you think the high speed rail in japan and europe got built? it wasn't through private funding

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    Out of interest - are you a user of the existing rail network? If you were looking for affordable price, decent times and efficiency I suggest that the current network fails in all your stated measures - and any additions to the existing will suffer the same faults and foibles. The rest of the country couldn't give a fat rat's arse either.
    I have a work van however I do use it to go to town as i live within walking distance a train station. I use the bus a lot to go clubbing etc or to go to bars.

Yes it is not cheap, quick or reliable. however it avoids a DIC.
    Last edited by Russian 22.; 19-10-2021 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    I was pre lockdowns.

Driving to the CBD would be faster than the train on most occasions if you leave the house before 6.15am.
    But you can relax on the train and the savings vs driving petrol, wear on the car and CBD parking) is a no brainer.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Um, err, nope.

Can you name one thing -any-, but particularly -this- NZ government has delivered cheap, reliable, on time and whatever else thing you said??
    To be far I don't think have started anything?
    Carbine and mimms2 like this.

Drawing comparisons with other countries' infrastructure is a wasted cause. Auckland's population is a mere 5-10% of any similar sized (area wise) metropolis around the world. Therefore funding such grandiose pipedreams is beyond our means. Simple.
    Stavanger likes this.