Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Sako problems

What exactly are your expectations of accuracy?

Can you yourself shoot well with other rifles that have be proven to shoot by others as well?

Something also worth considering is Hornady recommend 1-8 twist for their 162 Amax, which seems to be a fairly fast twist rate considering the Berger 168 is 1-10 & 180 is 1-9 ?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy6.5 View Post
    Two photos. One with the pin in and one with it out. Think it's part of the bolt ? Seems to be a snug fit not to loose Attachment 17677Attachment 17678
    Sorry Jimmy 6.5, I can't help with your accuracy problems (I've got the same cal, Sako 75, and as yet unresolved accuracy issues ), but while the action is out of the stock its a good time to lighten your trigger by turning the adjustment grub screw CCW. The grub screw is in behind the shiny hex head screw (in the photo )that holds the trigger assy to the action.

The two pins both fit into blind holes. They are retained by the inletting in the stock, and should be an interference fit. Be careful if you strip the action down and remove the pins, bolt release and ejector. There is one really small coil spring under the bolt release and two under the ejector... they are not interchangeable.

I stripped my Sako 85 6.5 x 55 down after I drowned it this last winter, and lubed the pins and springs to prevent corrosion setting in.

Good luck, B.
    jimmy6.5 likes this.

I reckon it will be the fluting on the barrel. Its not factory is it? This is the rifle that was on trade me a few months back?
    7mmsaum and R93 like this.

Yup that's the one Nathan, I can't remember from memory who done the fluting for the previous owner. It had a piece of shit muzzle brake with it that was badly designed and made recoil worse if anything!
    Wildman, iv had a 223 and 6.5 and their accuracy was awesome so I think I know what to expect with accuracy and my own ability

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy6.5 View Post
    Yup that's the one Nathan, I can't remember from memory who done the fluting for the previous owner. It had a piece of shit muzzle brake with it that was badly designed and made recoil worse if anything!
    Wildman, iv had a 223 and 6.5 and their accuracy was awesome so I think I know what to expect with accuracy and my own ability
    I'd never get a good factory barrel fluted. If it's not done correctly it can mess with the harmonics and cause havoc with accuracy. I would have hit the buy now on that rifle if it was standard. I've since brought a brand new 85 same calibre wood stainless.

It had crossed my mind that the barrel fluting may have caused some accuracy fault, It certainly looks awesome hah.
    Hopefully not, see what happens with further testing