Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Scope recommendations for tikka t3x tac a1 308 bolt rifle?

Scope recommendations for tikka t3x tac a1 308 bolt rifle?

Recent got an tikka t3x tac a1 308 bolt rifle, 20 inch barrel. Haven't shoot yet. Need help with scope recommendations.

I be shooting maximum 400 yard or under, mainly between 100 to 200 yards, may getting into hunting later on, so need something fast and able to shoot closer range too. I have an 1x6 24 scope from Ar15, but I don't think it's the right scope for this rifles.

Any recommendations please help, something I can buy here or overseas, budget under $2000 nz, thanks

what you have will do the job well.....some might say its nearly ideal.
    having 2 grand to spend means the options are endless..... you need to work out end goal better and go from there... what you have meets the fast up close bit perfectly and 6x is more than enough to get out to 400 yards.

Either swaro z5 or leupold vx5
    Its what i have on mine

Keep if basic. 4.5-14 Leupold goes well. There’s a new model out now so you’ll get the Vx3 with zero lock for under $1000 do more than what you need. The Benefit of the vx5 or Z5 swaro are seen beyond 400m with dailing capabilities etc. So if you want to stretch the legs of your 308 5-600m.. then as above for sure. Or if you just appreciate clarity and are happy to pay for it. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by VXN222 View Post
    Keep if basic. 4.5-14 Leupold goes well. There’s a new model out now so you’ll get the Vx3 with zero lock for under $1000 do more than what you need. The Benefit of the vx5 or Z5 swaro are seen beyond 400m with dailing capabilities etc. So if you want to stretch the legs of your 308 5-600m.. then as above for sure. Or if you just appreciate clarity and are happy to pay for it. All the best.
    HI what model vx5 you recommend, the 2x10 30 or the 3x15? Which better for hunting

2x10 all day long..... wider field of view up close is far more useful than bit extra at top end....why I took a very good 4.5-14 off rifle today and put 3x9 in its place.

Me personally, hunting under 400m 2-10 far my presence. Physically smaller and lighter though still carries the features. Keeping in mind that my preference is based from a moderately short range focused hunting rifle. Your looking at this for a TAC A1 so probably not your go too bush setup. I’d run a 3-15 on it and then at least when your range shooting or stretching out on the farm or whatever it’s got plenty of mag range. The occasional hunt you won’t mind the little extra weight on overall package. If you get right into stalking/hunting. Buy a dirt 308 and run the same scope.. with the right rings you could chop and change or just get a basic scope/rig for that task. All the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2-10 vx5 CDS. Happily shoot 500m+ with that mag
    Micky Duck likes this.

I would put the 3-15 on it myself....I have 2 2x bottom end scopes and wind them up to 3 most times in the bush as I find 2x too low and have the end of the barrel or suppressor in the scope and you dont see threw the holes in the bush as well I find.
    I did have a 4.5-14 and found the 4.5 just that just a bit too much mag in the bush, great for everything else tho.
    3-4 low end for bush.
    As much top end as you can get.
    You can shoot 400y with a fixed 4x but its much much easier to shoot accurately at 14-15x.....even target shooting at 200y.
    7mmsaum, Shearer, 57jl and 3 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

There is a Leupold 3-9 VXR for sale on here. Buy it before I do. Please.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

If the 1-6 scope you have is of decent quality just use that.
    Using the 2k for ammunition to practice will make you a better shooter than a fancier scope will

When I first started hunting I learnt a bad habit of always wanting to turn the magnification up when I saw a deer even at close range, just because I could.
    Now I have a 1-4 and find I can hit rabbits with it at 280metres no problem.

Don't overcomplicate it with a hunting scope,no need spend heaps. Binoculars, now that's a different story but you don't need a 2k scope for general purpose hunting.
    Micky Duck and Preacher like this.

Thanks.
    I was wondering what scope to put on a 243 Ruger No1. Varmint barrel. Thinking of longer range on "varmints"
    Have a Leupold Vx 3i 4.5-14x50 but was wondering about more magnification.

You might have answered the question for me so thanks.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    There are always 3 sides to every story.
    Yours, mine and the truth.

57JL
    Hi if you hunt in the bush how wet is it and what does it do to your scope lens?
    Bushnell elite scopes had the rainguard system that worked well and allow you to see without having to wipe the lens all the bloody time uped my kill rate heaps in days gone by hunting sika
    ScopeUout website have the Bushnell Nitro 2.5-10x44 for $799 if you wanted a cheaper scope to get you going that work good for short to medium range hunting

Vortex Venom 5x25-56 sometimes $850.00 dial to 1000m fantastic scope vortex warranty

You need to take a look at the Delta scopes. For what you want the Titanium either 2.5-15 or 4-24. Great glass, they dial perfectly and 6x zoom range. Really hard to beat for the price they are. I own both those models, the 4-24 is going on the Tikka TAC A1 I just purchased.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste