Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: SHOT EXPO deals and chat.

Quote Originally Posted by The bomb View Post
    I prefer my trs25 to my holosun!
    What Holosun do you have? I think they are quite good aye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CZ scorpion on the Armaworx stand was new to me, can't wait til that makes it onto E. The Gunsnz guy was his usual grumpy self. NZSRA had the best stand going for sure . The Aimpoint stand was pretty sweet. The Swaro stuff all delicious, but out of my price range. The Blaser lady knew her shit inside out, that is some pretty cool gear allright! The Hawkesbay meat lady was a gem, about to fry up some of her black pudding now actually. Raped and pillaged the Pistol NZ stand for chamber flags. Treated myself to a new hat. Bloody missed the fancy earpro place, that was high on my list.

Old mate Tipple managed to accidentally tip a 338 off someone elses display, landed on the elevation turret of a $8k+ S&B

The Blaser stand has some pretty mean lightweight suppressors for a VERY competitive price, def go have a poke.

EDIT: The twin needle stand is also a good chance to poke and prod what I previously hadn't had a chance to. Will absolutely be getting one of those belts
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Square22 View Post
    I heard that what's his face from Gun City dropped a Schmidt and Bender....awkward...maybe he just gave them 30 ranger sights to make up for it.

I thought it was smaller and a lot less going on from last year. Thought it was funny how one company was selling 30rnd pmags for $129, then another company had them for $89...that would rip your undies.

I was impressed with the Gunsnz stand especially the Holosuns. Those optics are a big step up from my Bushnell TRS-25, to be honest I felt it was like looking through an aimpoint. The Delta Mike guys were good to talk to, I didn't realise they were in with Gunsnz.

Tasman industries was selling Aero lowers for $220, that's a good deal.
    Know if the lowers are online for that piece as well?
    Hunter_killer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The bomb View Post
    I prefer my trs25 to my holosun!
    Really? I have the older gold labelled one which some people say is superior to the white label - but man it was not as nice to look through than the fancy square Holosun I was looking through. Maybe your Holosun is a different model to the one I looked through.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Know if the lowers are online for that piece as well?
    Yep they are on gunstuff.Co.nz but they are $230 for the Aero Gen2 - but that includes freight. The guy who owns Gunstuff was at the Tasman stand, nice chap.

He also sells the m4e1 version and the m4e1 upper on there too.

Ok, so this wasn’t on the shopping list.

Name:  CC51D96D-0889-4CA4-AF80-A1B74D497A13.jpeg
Views: 402
Size:  1.65 MB
    Walker, muzr257, chainsaw and 3 others like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The CZ scorpion on the Armaworx stand was new to me, can't wait til that makes it onto E. The Gunsnz guy was his usual grumpy self. NZSRA had the best stand going for sure . The Aimpoint stand was pretty sweet. The Swaro stuff all delicious, but out of my price range. The Blaser lady knew her shit inside out, that is some pretty cool gear allright! The Hawkesbay meat lady was a gem, about to fry up some of her black pudding now actually. Raped and pillaged the Pistol NZ stand for chamber flags. Treated myself to a new hat. Bloody missed the fancy earpro place, that was high on my list.

Old mate Tipple managed to accidentally tip a 338 off someone elses display, landed on the elevation turret of a $8k+ S&B

The Blaser stand has some pretty mean lightweight suppressors for a VERY competitive price, def go have a poke.

EDIT: The twin needle stand is also a good chance to poke and prod what I previously hadn't had a chance to. Will absolutely be getting one of those belts
    Noticed the grumpy gunsnz guy too, life's too short to deal with people like that, the Delta Mike guys were much better.

Do you have any photos of the CZ I totally missed that!

What did Tipple do after? Surely he did the decent thing and bought it, he has the money. Mind you it will probably end up at Gun City with a replacements ranger elevation knob on sale for 12k reduced from 14k....

Yep they are on gunstuff.Co.nz but they are $230 for the Aero Gen2 - but that includes freight. The guy who owns Gunstuff was at the Tasman stand, nice chap.

He also sells the m4e1 version and the m4e1 upper on there too.
    Tasman industries didn't turn up in Google.

I have no clue what the M 4 stuff means. I'll have a look.

I don't really need one but I always planned on getting my E.

Noticed the grumpy gunsnz guy too, life's too short to deal with people like that, the Delta Mike guys were much better.
    Yeah, they had some really really nice gear, but what's the point of even being at an expo if you're over dealing with people after a few hours?

What did Tipple do after? Surely he did the decent thing and bought it, he has the money. Mind you it will probably end up at Gun City with a replacements ranger elevation knob on sale for 12k reduced from 14k....
    No idea, it's not a small scratch either, fucked if I'd want it after that.

Do you have any photos of the CZ I totally missed that!
    Nah, but it was light and pretty and I want it.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Tasman industries didn't turn up in Google.

I have no clue what the M 4 stuff means. I'll have a look.

I don't really need one but I always planned on getting my E.
    M4e1 is just a "flasher" receiver that has a few extra features.

Check below. He will have a gen2 up again shortly I imagine someone must have bought the one he had up for $230, I know he has a few in stock.

GunStuff.co.nz
    Last edited by Square22; 24-02-2019 at 02:03 PM.
    Russian 22. likes this.

liked the twin needle insulated jackets they where specialing off for $250. just I have no need for one up north. don't go SI tops hunting.

the Prac med bleeding stop kit was good. he was passionate about it and the tension locking compression dressing / bandage was cool. never seen that before.
    z

Quote Originally Posted by ZQLewis View Post
    liked the twin needle insulated jackets they where specialing off for $250. just I have no need for one up north. don't go SI tops hunting.

the Prac med bleeding stop kit was good. he was passionate about it and the tension locking compression dressing / bandage was cool. never seen that before.
    z
    What kit is that mate?

What kit is that mate?
    He was talking about Simon from Prac Med NZ.
    Simon is a top bloke.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    He was talking about Simon from Prac Med NZ.
    Simon is a top bloke.
    His website is fairly scant, is he a distributor?

It was a bit of fun. I don't think it was as busy as last year. Advertising in the lead up was very light, confined to social media only from what I saw. Put all their eggs in one basket.
    Interested to see if its on again next year, and if it does if we even attend or not. This time last year a new date had already been set and the larger companies already signing up for next year. There is none of that going on at present.

Name:  IMG_7162.JPG
Views: 343
Size:  1.25 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images