Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: SHOT EXPO deals and chat.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    It was a bit of fun. I don't think it was as busy as last year. Advertising in the lead up was very light, confined to social media only from what I saw. Put all their eggs in one basket.
    Interested to see if its on again next year, and if it does if we even attend or not. This time last year a new date had already been set and the larger companies already signing up for next year. There is none of that going on at present.

Attachment 105838
    I believe if that girl fired that shotgun it would knock her over.
    ChrisW likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    It was a bit of fun. I don't think it was as busy as last year. Advertising in the lead up was very light, confined to social media only from what I saw. Put all their eggs in one basket.
    Interested to see if its on again next year, and if it does if we even attend or not. This time last year a new date had already been set and the larger companies already signing up for next year. There is none of that going on at present.

Attachment 105838
    Yes advertising was light & numbers were down but a higher percentage of Guys were there for a reason, not just "getting away from the Mrs &/or Kids"

The dates are set 21-22 of March combined with NZ's 4X4, Fishing & outdoors expo.

Your entertainment was welcomed by many

I was mildly disturbed by the number of people handling/pointing firearms around the place with fingers on triggers, both setting up & during the show.

Case in point your bottom pic taken on Saturday

There were some reasonably large sales which was good - just needed more and better advertising. Haha yea our entertainment was on point I reckon 😄
    Kiwi Greg and Hunter_killer like this.

Ok, so she was eye candy, but I would have far more preferred a top female shooter be hired to give advice on their range and shooting. That way some new female shooters attending with their partners might have had some interest in getting involved after getting that expert advice.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Hunter_killer likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

It was nice to catch up with people . I got myself a knife and a pressure cooker. And a box of lapua projectiles.
    Name:  IMG_1321.JPG
Views: 354
Size:  490.1 KB

Pwwwetty.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Purveyor of Fine Cutlery terryf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    It was nice to catch up with people . I got myself a knife and a pressure cooker. And a box of lapua projectiles.
    Attachment 105860
    That's a beautiful knife
    Regards
    Terry

https://www.knives4africa.co.nz/
    Custom knife dealer

Authorised Nitecore Torch Retailer
    NZ Distributor of Nano-Oil

Anyone catch up with @Dougie at the show?
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Ok, so she was eye candy, but I would have far more preferred a top female shooter be hired to give advice on their range and shooting. That way some new female shooters attending with their partners might have had some interest in getting involved after getting that expert advice.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Her purpose was to get people to enter a competition by signing up to a mailing list. She was going around with an iPad getting people to sign up / enter. So maximum viewership is good. She did well.
    Last edited by ChrisW; 25-02-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Anyone catch up with @Dougie at the show?
    Saw someone that looked like her in one of the stands, can’t remember which one it was, but thought why do I know that face...I think she was wearing denim shorts, sorry Dougie if it wasn’t you.

Anyway, was the first time going this year, took a mate, got there 11:30 Saturday and there were a lot of people walking out with their goodies already, always a good sign.
    I really liked the crowd, it was a good bunch of folk, families and all and just a relaxed environment.
    There were deals to be had if you were after something, sad thing was most of what I needed was purchased 6 months prior.

I agree with Rushy, there were sweet fa of your everyday ammo and ammo in general.
    Who are our Hornady resellers ? Would have loved to see more of that around.
    I didn’t see as many lever actions but got to have a good play on thermal products and red dots.

One thing I would have liked to see in the Winchester stand were those classic tin signs, I would have brought a whole bunch for my garage.

I will definitely be going back next year.
    Tommy and ChrisW like this.
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Just my 2 cents.
    Any female could talk to Victoria at the ASC stand? Believe she's a current NZ class champ, shoots at internationals, has funded a really nice range with her husband, advocates for shooting sports, including disciplines she doesn't know much about or participate in, just because it's the right thing to do. I ran into several females on Saturday that were credits to the sport/s, the one on the Blaser stand for instance, she was great.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Any female could talk to Victoria at the ASC stand? Believe she's a current NZ class champ, shoots at internationals, has funded a really nice range with her husband, advocates for shooting sports, including disciplines she doesn't know much about or participate in, just because it's the right thing to do. I ran into several females on Saturday that were credits to the sport/s, the one on the Blaser stand for instance, she was great.
    @Tommy, you referring to ASC aka Auckland Shooting Club ? If so, I was having a nosey at their video clip, while finishing off the tasters of beir sticks from the stall next door.
    They were showing shooting from a quad bike and then out of no where a nice asian lady (I didn’t even ask for her name) came up to me and talked to me about the club.
    If that is her, she is a fantastic advocate for it, promoting the fact you have to have fun and everyone helps everyon.

I have since registered to do a club visit in March, sorry I forgot to mention that in my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Survy View Post
    @Tommy, you referring to ASC aka Auckland Shooting Club ? If so, I was having a nosey at their video clip, while finishing off the tasters of beir sticks from the stall next door.
    They were showing shooting from a quad bike and then out of no where a nice asian lady (I didn’t even ask for her name) came up to me and talked to me about the club.
    If that is her, she is a fantastic advocate for it, promoting the fact you have to have fun and everyone helps everyon.

I have since registered to do a club visit in March, sorry I forgot to mention that in my previous post.
    Yup that's the lady herself. Good sort eh?
    Survy likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Very much so, and she pretty much made my mind up on going to check it out, I will be sure to thank her when I see her next, hopefully it’s when I sign up to join the club.

Fantastic ��
    Tommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Tommy, of course they could, but we are talking about Beretta NZ, NOT ASC.
    Beretta had a prime location right as people entered the hall.
    Instead of some good PR by supporting a top female shooter to demonstrate something more than cleavage, they went back to frankly a dated stereotype of a pretty girl and nothing more.
    Sure I didn't myself looking at her, but I had no interest in seeing what more Beretta had to offer, despite being the owner of a couple of Sakos, because of Beretta NZ's well known lack of customer service.

Victoria and ASC is everything Beretta isn't and Beretta continue to miss the boat. I'm sure they don't really care.
    Tommy likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.